What's new

How can a business owner handle dishonest employees?

Employees can so much affect the progress of any business and so I they they are dishonest then you should sanction them and make sure they don't do such again

There are a ,lot of educated yet unemployed people, businesses should fire less efficient and dishonest employees and start hiring unemployed people
But don't you think a warning and to some extent a suspension could serve as a deterant for future lapses on the part of the employee,rather than a straight dismisal.

To avoid running losses in the end, dishonest staff have one purpose, to bring the company to the mud. To avoid that, one needs to take serious drastic actions such as firing them before it is too late.
Yeah, right. Such dishonest employees can easily put the company down and so it is best to deal with them early enough. Firing the is just the best option.

You need to take a disciplinary action against the worker. But it will be very good to give out one is before taking action. If the worker continue to be the problems in the workplace it will be good to fire such worker.

It is not advisable to sack an employee immediately in your business but you need to take him off from every sensitive aspect of your business and sure he has little to know information about your business before you relieve him if he or doesn't change his ways.

• Disrespectful employees who undermine others in the workplace make those other employees more likely to model bad behavior.
  • There are some important steps you should take with a disrespectful employee, such as listening to them, giving them constructive feedback, and checking in on their co-workers.
  • You should keep thorough documentation of all incidents, because it's not always easy to fire employees without proof of wrongdoing.

There are several ways of which a business owner, can handle dishonest employees. Depending on the tactics carried out or best for punishing the employees. sometimes, it can be done by peaceful negotiations and punishment or by sanctioning.

Since everyone is working to make a living, such employees are to placed to positions which cannot bring them nearer to the company finances.

The best and quickest thing to do is get raid of them. Before they start corrupting the other honest workers. Because one can never be too sure if they would repent after being caught. Or you could set up a policy whereby they get laid off after a particular number of crimes.

Why even allow a dishonest staff in your company at first it's just shows you want to run down or bring down your business or company yourself, there is no managing of anything you just have to ensure they not anywhere close to your business or company

The only way you can handle dishonest employee is by giving them hard sanction, so that they won't dare try being dishonest again, dishonesty can ruin and damage the image of the business, so heavy sanction is the way forward.
Personally I cannot trust an employee that is dishonest and as a result I would have such person relieved of his or her duties because I can't trust a liar working for me.

This can be done by implementing probationary periods.

New employees should always have a minimum probation period before they are made permanent in your organization. Doing so will help you keep track of whether any new hire is hardworking, honest, and aligns well with your company’s cultural values.

Personally I cannot trust an employee that is dishonest and as a result I would have such person relieved of his or her duties because I can't trust a liar working for me.
Its better you releive such person from his duty for the safety of your business,any employee that is not honest can run away with some of your business fund without your knowledge so the most important thing is to get him sack and allow him to go else where and look for another job

Get irrefutable proof of the dishonest behavior.
Assess the impact it has on you and your organization.
Discuss the matter with the employee.
Establish clear consequences for dishonesty.
Carry out a background check on the employee in question.
When it comes to dishonesty on the part of an employee, I don't think there should be two ways about it. Giving the employee another chance is taking a very big risk. It's better to lay off that employee.

You don't need to have a dishonest worker working with you. They will affect the growth of the company. Any of them you discover you dismiss immediately. We need competent and truthful workers.

When everything is tracked and measured, it’s easier to detect corrupt and dishonest behavior. Goals need to be measured. Expenses need to be closely tracked and have a clear policy for receipts. If you have it in writing, holding people accountable is much easier.

An employers who is taking in someone that is honest into his or her business organisation might be at risk of losing his or her business, I cannot withstand such people in any business organisation I am managing because they are like growth hindrances in a business.

So many organizations in my state have been run down by dishonest employees and it's very disheartening especially if you consider the amount of money the owners invested.

What is the best way to handle dishonest employees?
Same thing has happened to my big brother several times. His Employees kept running away with his money. Left for me, I suggest you know the kind of people you employ and also keep your eyes wide open.

Effective organizations create simple processes for keeping the team accountable. For example, in one of my previous companies, we had a particularly ineffective member of our leadership team. He wasn’t delivering on his commitments, and seems to be disengaged from working hard with the rest of the team

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back