What's new

How big does a forum have to be before you take it seriously?

AlexanderM

Owner
Staff member
Administrative Team
1000 Posts Club
May 4, 2015
USD
$109.8000USD
Biznotes
It is the sad truth that a lot of people don't take forums that are small seriously because they are new. I tend to not be judgemental as long as the forum seems to have nice topics or a niche which I like and if it seems the owner and the staff are posting regularly, I will join to help.

So in terms of activity how big does a forum have to be before you take it seriously?

I think more than the number of posts and the number of members, the onus should be on the revenue. If you are earning a lot of money through your forum, you can start taking the forum seriously.

As long as the forum is interactive, creating unique contents that interest me I'll engage on it, stick to it for the time being. It doesn't necessarily mean forum must have 1k members before it becomes busy with discussions. Even smaller forums tends to be captivating than the ones comprising lots of members that doesn't create quality contents that keeps one hanging on.

Forums are sites that attract me since I discovered Bizdustry. Therefore any forum where I can enter and I feel comfortable regardless of its size, I will try to give my support to the extent of my possibilities, as long as I have knowledge of the topics being discussed. Something very important in my case is the honesty of the staff members and their attention to clarify my doubts.

It is the sad truth that a lot of people don't take forums that are small seriously because they are new. I tend to not be judgemental as long as the forum seems to have nice topics or a niche which I like and if it seems the owner and the staff are posting regularly, I will join to help.

So in terms of activity how big does a forum have to be before you take it seriously?
If the owner of a forum does not take the forum serious from the beginning i wonder how the member will take that forum serious, definitely they wont because the owner does not have a future for the forum from onset how will a member carry a forum on his head because of love or wat...

Forums does not have to be big before you take it seriously, forums might be small and it will be competing with bigger forum because its interactive, it's educative , information and they all the necessary equipment and requirement for growth, and as long as people can learn and also acquire knowledge from it, then the forum is good to go no matter how small it is,

For me I take it serious when you see at least 50 members online and have posts every other minutes. Also content and conversion is also very important as it makes forum more active and creative one.

As long as a forum is true to it's agenda and it has a technical team that puts the welfare of its members as priority then its worth it to be on.The more it starts to pull people of excellence for lack of a better term the more it will be taken more serious.

It's not so much the size of it but more the activity that keeps me posting. I have been on forums that I initially liked but they become so quiet that I felt as if I was there by myself. If there's no interaction with others it always seems a bit pointless. I understand that forum owners have to keep spammers away from their site while at the same time they have to allow enough people to join so that it remains active. It must be really hard to find that balance.

I take forums seriously that have daily activity and I would say I like to see at least 40 people or more sign in daily. It is nice to look around a forum and see a variety of names posting instead of the usual 5 people.

I don't mind that some forums have themes but I think it should fit with the idea of the forum itself and if it gets to look too busy or frilly I take a pass on returning.

Forums that have an owner who is present often shows that there is a lot of care for his investment and I have great respect for that. I know of some forums where owners bought the sites to put up ads and then abandon them, leaving them behind for the admins to run how they see fit and questions about some topics come up and members want to know the vision of the owner, not the volunteer workers, even though they most likely also want what is best for the site.

Depending on the activity rate of the forum and the traffic of the forum . If the activity rate is higher i will take the forum very serious , if its not higher i might not take it too serious ,this is the major factor i comsider before i make my choice
Post automatically merged:

Depending on the activity rate of the forum and the traffic of the forum . If the activity rate is higher i will take the forum very serious , if its not higher i might not take it too serious ,this is the major factor i comsider before i make my choice

A forum does not have to be big before it is taken seriously. Most forum are educative and of great quality... People tend to look down on a small or growing forum because they feel it doesn't have much to offer which is most times not true...

Its not about taking a new forum seriously here. The thing is that we have millions of forum on the internet space today and it's just not easy to start migrating from one forum to another forum since most of the forum even deliver the same type of contents

I have learnt this from Bizdustry and a contribution group. Size isn't the main clause for me to take a forum serious but what they offer in the forum is group. For instance, the contribution group in my area that I heard of are not more than ten in number. But what they are contributing is not possible in most of the larger contribution centres. Size isn't it for me, but what they can do as little as they're just like Bizdustry.

You need people to take you seriously if you want to succeed in business.

According to the report, having the right presentation, experience, and people skills will help you gain credibility.

Enable people to speak freely for themselves.

Allow people to speak about themselves if you want to make a good impression.

According to Harvard science, talking about yourself activates the same parts of the brain as talking about others.

A forum does not have to be big before it is taken seriously. Most forum are educative and of great quality... People tend to look down on a small or growing forum because they feel it doesn't have much to offer which is most times not true...
That is what people dont know ,and most times those small or growing forum contains the content ,that would be difficult for them to get else where

It is not necessary for a forum to be big before I take it seriously. If the contents of the forum is rich enough for interactions and consistent in its posting with regular updates, I will join without giving it a second thought. At times, being big doesn't mean it's better than small forum who just started.

It doesn't matter how you forums may be either big or small, everyone who has a forum is supposed to take his forum very serious, because your seriousness will make it more bigger

A forum is a community. Whether it is a community of two or three people, i believe one should take it seriously from the word go. Right from the start. Members will value your seriousness from the start to finish. I believe in working hard on the forum from the start.

The truth is that a forum does not have to be big to be taken seriously. The forum should be sure to have quality offers, then it will only be natural to attract visitor

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back