Have You Changed Software for Your Forum

Nomad

Staff member
40,000 Post Club
Jan 5, 2021
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I have never done this but I am thinking about changing software. I have been running my forums on open source platforms and I want to switch to premium software. Before I do that I would like to hear experience of people who have changed software. What are the possible problems I might encounter while changing software.

I haven't changed forum software in years, haven't really felt the need to change as it works so well. I currently use vBulletin boards for my forums and even have made my own in the past. I haven't looked at other forum software/tools in years.

I have been a staff on vBulletin forums and I think it is good forum software. I also have experience XenoForo. So, when I am ready to switch, I might be using one of these two. I want to learn how to move properly before trying so that I do not mess around.

I've never moved a forum to a different software without deleting it first. However, in the last year or so, I moved my drumming forum from phpBB to XenForo due to lack of mods on phpBB (one reason).

Anyway, moving a forum to a different software without deleting it is something I might do in the near future. It's technically free and easy to do, I think.

What about moving a forum from one open source software to another open source software? For example, I want to move MyBB to SMF, do you think there are add ons that allow you do change software easily?

What about moving a forum from one open source software to another open source software? For example, I want to move MyBB to SMF, do you think there are add ons that allow you do change software easily?
It seems like there are a lot of threads on forum support forums regarding conversion software. They should be a guide. I'm pretty sure the software is all free.

I also believe there are add ons for moving from one software to another software. I have not really done a lot of research on how to move from one software to another software. But the major problems with open source is a lot of add-ons are outdated.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back