What's new

How big does a forum have to be before you take it seriously?

For a forum or any business at that to be taken serious, the management of the website have to make a stand and those that would stay would stay.

All forums should be taken seriously and respected if not for anything but for the fact that social interaction takes place. Many people participate in forums and everyone has their own belief systems. A foreign doesn't have to be big to be respected. We are all here to learn and acquire meaningful knowledge to help one another live a better life. And that should be taken seriously.

All forums should be taken seriously and respected if not for anything but for the fact that social interaction takes place. Many people participate in forums and everyone has their own belief systems. A foreign doesn't have to be big to be respected. We are all here to learn and acquire meaningful knowledge to help one another live a better life. And that should be taken seriously.
I really appreciate your remark. About 2 months ago, I started a forum. I took my forum seriously from day one when I was the only member. Then I hired three people to create content. The early members built content and the more members started pouring in.

You are right about not giving in to the size if a forum before taking it seriously. A forum doesn't have to be that big I size to take it seriously so long as they have something to offer that is beneficial to it's readers alike.

I don't actually bother how many members are actively posting daily and such things though I around 1k-2k members registered is good enough. I follow admin of the forum mostly and watch how long he is online and active in the forum daily and based on that I decide to be active on any forum.

I take forums seriously that have daily activity and I would say I like to see at least 40 people or more sign in daily. It is nice to look around a forum and see a variety of names posting instead of the usual 5 people.

I don't mind that some forums have themes but I think it should fit with the idea of the forum itself and if it gets to look too busy or frilly I take a pass on returning.

Forums that have an owner who is present often shows that there is a lot of care for his investment and I have great respect for that. I know of some forums where owners bought the sites to put up ads and then abandon them, leaving them behind for the admins to run how they see fit and questions about some topics come up and members want to know the vision of the owner, not the volunteer workers, even though they most likely also want what is best for the site.
A lot of things that can make a forum to be taken seriouslly,the presence of the owners,shows how serious and commited they are towards growth and progress,and the quality of post and content which should be in line with the objectives of the forum

You are right about not giving in to the size if a forum before taking it seriously. A forum doesn't have to be that big I size to take it seriously so long as they have something to offer that is beneficial to it's readers alike.
I completely agree with this, how you as the forum owner treat the business would also determine how others would treat it as well. It's just like a person who handles his phone roughly, by the time others want to make use of the phone, they won't be careful cause the feel the owner does not care.

A lot of things that can make a forum to be taken seriouslly,the presence of the owners,shows how serious and commited they are towards growth and progress,and the quality of post and content which should be in line with the objectives of the forum
When a forum is set up to pay the members who are actively participating in the site content growth, then the website or forums visitors would definitely take it seriously.

I am going to take a forum I am managing serious if it is up to 50,000 members. My belief is that the figure is enough to bring lots of organic traffic to my website if majority of them post consistently on the forum. it will be pretty much easier to negotiate advert rate with advertiser for more profits.

When a forum is set up to pay the members who are actively participating in the site content growth, then the website or forums visitors would definitely take it seriously.
That is definitly true ,because the payment you give out to participants would be like a sort of motivation to the forum members.Wth this initiative,others who have interest in contributing in the forum will be motivated to join.

I take forums seriously that have daily activity and I would say I like to see at least 40 people or more sign in daily. It is nice to look around a forum and see a variety of names posting instead of the usual 5 people.

I believe that one's forum doesn't have to be very big for one to take it seriously. As long as a forum is still active, one should take it seriously, whether large or small.

If actually someone who owns a site really wants to develop and grow his forum then there's no stipulated time for him to take it serious. You take averything about your forum serious right from the beginning.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back