What's new

Have you ever been sued by another business for having a similar name or logo?

I've not been sued but it's a good thing because it is one's right. I had seen such case in a place where I worked before as a teacher whereby a school in the area used the name of the school where I worked. My boss sued the school and won because he registered it with government before him.

Well I have never been sued before for a copied logo or bussiness name firts before I engage in any of this kind of work I normally undergo reasearch and design my things in a very unique way

I think picking names or Logo shouldn't be something that they should be sueing someone. Before one establish one's website or business, you need to make research about the existence name and use it to judge your own final decision.

I've never been sued by another business for having a similar name or logo. The truth is that business owners hardly sue other business owners for this because if that was the case a lot of business owners will be sued. I feel they only sue when the business owner copies exactly the same thing.

Logos are products of arts and designs and any similarity should not trigger much aggression, especially where there are no trademark issues at all.

Well, for now, I have not started any serious business that may demanded a name, which may match with another person name. I have been trying for sometime now to see I have a business of my own. I have not experienced such cases.

Cases like this are usually seen in domain names of businesses, we get to see lots of legal actions when competing businesses use similar names .

If, in the future, I try to open a business, I will search on Google and see if my business has a similar name as that of other. I think doing a Google search would help to avoid such kind of problems or issues related to company name,.

I've never been sued using a similar logo or brand name with another business, branding should not engage coping one should be very creative when branding his good to avoid issues.
Though i have not been sued for using another company logo and brand but sometimes I believe most of this happens by mistakes and the person that registered his company first will be the winner , and thats the reason why we need to register our business.

I have not experienced such situation before, even though I am not into such kind of business that requires a logo and even a business name. it's possible to have a similar business logo, but the name can not be the same.

This is not anything that has happened to me. If you utilize free logo creation tools like Canva to create your logos, it's quite probable that your logo will appear similar to someone else's (since you both used the same template), and no one can sue you for it.

Something like this has never happened to me in my previous business. I think the company would have contacted you before they could decided to go to court to settle the matter. I will rather stop using the logo hey go to the freelance marketplace to get another one.

I have not being sue for bearing same name when registered business name. I searched my name before register it . This can be done in company website that register business names.

I have never being caught and I won't even do such a thing. It is not making sense for another person to be toying with another person intellectual property. I won't forgive anyone that does it with me. I am surely suing the person.

copyright is a serious case in the court of law so it is very important to avoid anything that can bring about things in jail as a business owner. There is no need to go into lawsuit about a logo when you can get fascinating logo from the freelance marketplace at a cheaper price.

The world is a very large place and its possible to have two or more business bearing the same name without each of them knowing, If that happens , I beleive all what they need is to settle the issue amicably,

Yes I was sued for using the same name but we eventually settle out of court and we both became friends. The registry body make mistake in the registration of my company name.

In my country, this is highly unlikely. We have registration processes that include checking if the name of the company you are trying to register is similar to the name of a registered company. Thus, if your proposed name is accepted for registration, then that is the legal name of your business. I do remember reading a case described as Big Sony vs. Little Sony. Sony Corporation, the electronics giant, sued a restaurant owner named Sony, a Filipino, for using Sony as the name of her restaurant business in the US. Little Sony lost the case and had to change her restaurant's name.

This is something that has never happened to me. Legally i think that as long as you have distinguishing factors in the logos and they are mistaken at first glance then you should be legally okay.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back