What's new

Have you ever been sued by another business for having a similar name or logo?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Have you ever been sued by another business for having a similar name or logo? I know this happens all too often, where companies all over the world sue each other because they have similar names, logos or ideas. Have you ever been sued for similar ideas or things? If you did, how did it go?

I haven't been sued but I'll definitely sue anyone who has same logo as mine. One striking case that comes to mind is Adidas and Yeezy. Kanye just copied the old Adidas logo and started using it. If I was the one, I'll sue him without thinking twice.
Maybe he paid them though, what do I know?

I haven't been sued, and i don't want to be sued anytime soon. Companies sue other brands or companies when there is similarities between their stuff. That is why most companies patent and copyright their stuff to avoid industry theft.

I do not have a personal experience with such case, but I have a friend who had such issue some years back, his business name was Abit similar to another company, he was sued and in the end he was asked to change his business name and also pay a fine.

Have you ever been sued by another business for having a similar name or logo? I know this happens all too often, where companies all over the world sue each other because they have similar names, logos or ideas. Have you ever been sued for similar ideas or things? If you did, how did it go?
This happens a lot; using similar logos or names as other businesses. Most times it is just a coincidence.
I have never been sued for that anyways.

Same too. I have never been sued. But It is not wise to set a business or sites name without making good research on them, because the name might be taken by another user.

This has not happened to me. If you are building logos from free logo design tools like canva, it is very likely that you logo might look similar to someone's logo (because you both used the same template) and no one can sue over thos.

I have had a situation similar to this, but the person stole my content and threaten to sue me, well i was wise enough to show him my proof that I am the real owner, after a little while he too down his

I have had a situation similar to this, but the person stole my content and threaten to sue me, well i was wise enough to show him my proof that I am the real owner, after a little while he too down his
That's a very bad experience. It feels very bad for someone to steal your content. But I like the way you dealed with him by showing him a proof.

This has not been a case to me, and I believe this is a rare case. I have seen a lot of businesses copy the product, even the labeling and name, but they cleverly make some changes to avoid legal battles.

This has never happened to me , and I believe it is not really rampant as most people are saying, domain sellers I even the one to be at risk because if they have a domain with a certain company's name, the company may decide to sue the holder for having their name... They believe that he may used it for fraudulent activities

No I have never been Sued for that but it is something that is very embarrassing and can bring a lot of losses to your business when it comes to law case

This has not been a case to me, and I believe this is a rare case. I have seen a lot of businesses copy the product, even the labeling and name, but they cleverly make some changes to avoid legal battles.
It has never happened to me too, most of those people are wise,when they steal your content or products they try to change it to another form.

I see a lot of people copying content from the internet and rewriting it as to avoid any legal issues. They even use automate tools to rewrite the content. By doing this they are able to pass copyscape.

I don't see the reason why you would copy someone else's company name and logo, when you could uniquely create your own. You would be sued and charged heavily for that, because it's a big offence.

I don't see the reason why you would copy someone else's company name and logo, when you could uniquely create your own. You would be sued and charged heavily for that, because it's a big offence.
That's very true. But most people see it very easy by stealing someone companies name or logo. That's not wise at all,they should have created there's than to steal someones own and end up been sued.

This is a bit funny but we see it happen a lot of times. This is why patent and copyright are very important or else someone will steal glory from you. I've seen cases where secret formulas have also been stolen.

Well it happens especially when the design and the logo has been copyrighted. It has never happened to me but if it happens I can see play go to freelance marketplace to hire an expert to design another stunning logo for my business.

This is a bit funny but we see it happen a lot of times. This is why patent and copyright are very important or else someone will steal glory from you. I've seen cases where secret formulas have also been stolen.
That's great. But have you ever seen a case where by someone steal a logo or a company name? For next I haven't seen such case. What of you?

I have never been involved and this is because I try as much as poss to get knowledge about what the law demand and this helps me avoid issues like this.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back