What's new

Have you ever been sued by another business for having a similar name or logo?

That's great. But have you ever seen a case where by someone steal a logo or a company name? For next I haven't seen such case. What of you?
I haven't seen such either. I think. That would be really extreme and triggering for a company name. Although I've seen similar very similar logos.

I haven't seen such either. I think. That would be really extreme and triggering for a company name. Although I've seen similar very similar logos.
It happens. I've seen two different companies with similar logos too. But what do you think would be the punishment of those who steals companies logos?

It happens. I've seen two different companies with similar logos too. But what do you think would be the punishment of those who steals companies logos?
I believe this would lead to a court case. A logo is a trademark which means that it has been registered. Stealing something of such could lead to a jail sentence or even closure of business.

I believe this would lead to a court case. A logo is a trademark which means that it has been registered. Stealing something of such could lead to a jail sentence or even closure of business.
That's true. the person who stole the logo might be considered as a Thief and he or she will serve the consequences of stealing what does not belong to him or her.

I've helped most of my friends who are into business get a unique business name, it doesn't interfere with any other business name. Let's say I am very good at that.

You cannot get sued if the name is a generic keyword. Also I do not think having a similar logo is enough for anyone to sue you.

If I were in such position, I would definitely due such individual or company. Why would someone use the same trademark with me? That's almost invariably theft by trickery.

Before I started my business I made sure that I made an intensive research to ensure that I am not plagiarizing or copying anybody is content at all. I did this before I was able to register with the corporate affairs commission.

Personally, I have not had any case of such kind, with any body or company. this is because I am not yet a company owner. But I have heard of severy cases, even one I my area of which the other company as ask to pay find for such act and compensation for that.

Have you ever been sued by another business for having a similar name or logo? I know this happens all too often, where companies all over the world sue each other because they have similar names, logos or ideas. Have you ever been sued for similar ideas or things? If you did, how did it go?
No i have never been sued by another business with similar logo but i almost wanted to sue a business whos using our product and repackaging it and selling to people while removing our sticker.

This has never happened to me because I don't have a company of my own at present. if it happens I am going to drop the logo and go over to the marketplace to source for another logo which I am going to use for my company. There is no need to engage a lawsuit over a logo design for the company.

Last edited:
No I have never been sued because of having similar logo,but I don't think that should be a reason why one will sue someone,because everyone is running his business individually.

In my country there is copy right act which violet any one from having similar name or imitation of the business brand for instance Nigeria football club called super eagle you cannot register another club with same name

I've not been sued for such occurrence before but it's a normal thing as it is written in the Constitution that a business should not used an existing name or Logo. It's a law.

Not at all. this is because for now, I did not have any business that requires a logo and a company name that is not related to my biological name. in all the business that I wish to start, I always named the business with my name in other to avoid any embarrassment.

I have never been sued before for using similar business logo or name and I don't have any business I am running at the moment though. But this can be very frustrating experience. But I am wondering why one would want to use a similar logo and name of another business.

Not at all. this is because for now, I did not have any business that requires a logo and a company name that is not related to my biological name. in all the business that I wish to start, I always named the business with my name in other to avoid any embarrassment.
Most of these things are not really rampant over here, and beside is not even the right thing for you to copy another person's logo for your business. it is always the best that we create our unique logo.

I've never been sued using a similar logo or brand name with another business, branding should not engage coping one should be very creative when branding his good to avoid issues.

Have you ever been sued by another business for having a similar name or logo? I know this happens all too often, where companies all over the world sue each other because they have similar names, logos or ideas. Have you ever been sued for similar ideas or things? If you did, how did it go?

no, I had no problems. on the offline side certainly not, because I have licenses and everything is authorized. on the online side I still haven't had any problems and I hope I don't.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back