What's new

Has your site ever went down due to so much traffic?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Has there ever been a time where you got so much traffic to your site, that it ended up going down for a while? I know a lot of sites can't handle a ton of traffic, and in turn end up slowing down or outright going down.

Have you ever had a burst of traffic out of nowhere that took your site out? How long was it out for?

Yes, a long time ago( like 7 years or so). It's a bad sign. If you are getting too much traffic, you should try to check whether it's relevant traffic or not. If it's irrelevant traffic, try to put the protective measures in place.

Also, if you are using a free hosting account, it's time for an upgrade. My forum was out for about 7 days and I lost most of my active users at that time and we never recovered after that. I should have changed my hosting then but I was just a student and didn't have enough to go for a premium plan and now I regret it.

Anyway, just check if it's a DDOS attack or not and keep all the spam plugins in place.
Hopefully this will get cleared up for you soon. If you need assistance just post here again and we will help you out as much as we can.

Well I haven't gotten that insane amount of traffic and if I do, I'll be extremely glad because it'll show one thing - that my site is really growing which would be every owner's dream.

i really wish for this kind of day in the life of my website, i have noy had so much influx of users on my site on a daily basis that is had to shut down because of too much traffic.

i really wish for this kind of day in the life of my website, i have noy had so much influx of users on my site on a daily basis that is had to shut down because of too much traffic.

Well, I also understand that many people would want to have so much traffic at some point of their life. This is because having more traffic means making more money.

Well, I also understand that many people would want to have so much traffic at some point of their life. This is because having more traffic means making more money.
definitely, more traffic means more money as well but we do not chase more traffic only for the money aspect alone but some other factors like self fulfilment for example.

I haven't experienced that insane volume of traffic, but if I do, I'll be overjoyed because it will demonstrate that my website is indeed expanding, which is every owner's ideal scenario.

I haven't, but if I do, I'll be overjoyed because it will demonstrate that my site is indeed expanding, which is every owner's dream. However, I haven't experienced that insane amount of traffic.

No i currently don't have a website, I'm just thinking of getting one. I've actually son website go down due to much traffic. Many people want much traffic on their site without checking if the site can really tan much traffic

Has there ever been a time where you got so much traffic to your site, that it ended up going down for a while? I know a lot of sites can't handle a ton of traffic, and in turn end up slowing down or outright going down.

Have you ever had a burst of traffic out of nowhere that took your site out? How long was it out for?
Irrelevant traffic is not necessarily malicious in nature, and it often will not directly affect your website negatively. However, higher volumes of irrelevant traffic do pollute your analytics. This is a very real issue that can be just as detrimental to the growth and bottom line of your business as a direct attack on your website.

Yes,my site have been down but luckily not for long period because I saw it. It was the cheapest domain hosting and 1k traffic just downed it. Before years it was hard to reach this traffic,now it is possible for everyone.

Substantial quantities of unnecessary traffic can muddy your metrics. Inconsequential traffic, however, is not always malevolent, and it does not always have a negative impact on your website.

The truth is that I have never owned a sites if my own, but I believe if you have the knowledge on how to manage your own plartform it will be a good idea to try it out.

The truth is that I have never owned a sites if my own, but I believe if you have the knowledge on how to manage your own plartform it will be a good idea to try it out.
This not clear to me, how can a plartform go down because it has a high traffic, it doesn't make any sense to me, I'll much appreciate it if you explain this to me.

This not clear to me, how can a plartform go down because it has a high traffic, it doesn't make any sense to me, I'll much appreciate it if you explain this to me.
Well I don't also understand what he means by that,but I believe that will be a good idea to have a good number of traffic on your platform this will be a good benefit.

Well I don't also understand what he means by that,but I believe that will be a good idea to have a good number of traffic on your platform this will be a good benefit.
That's the, if you own a platform the first thing that will come to your mind is how can I get traffic, this very important,if you have good traffic you are going to achieve a lot of things on your website.

I have not experience it, probably, because my blog is still at early days. It has not been getting much traffic.
And then I have not seen anyone near who experience it with his or her website.

I have not had an experienced of too much traffic shutting off my site because the site is still on the move of hitting 3k members. I am craving to have such an experience.

A site can go down when there is a lot of surge more than the capacity they can be able to carry, it does happen especially when your hosting provider is not too strong, then your site might collapse

Yes,my site have been down but luckily not for long period because I saw it. It was the cheapest domain hosting and 1k traffic just downed it. Before years it was hard to reach this traffic,now it is possible for everyone.
That's why it's advisable to get premium hosting of you want to use a blog to make money. It's really a challenge for newbies though because these plans cost a lot.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back