What's new

Government involvement in providing affordable house for works - Has it worked in your country???

We have such program set up by government to oversee such infrastructure into fruition but it always end up not being productive and serving it's purpose

This is a very wonderful and great infrastructure or way to reach the people and make shelter affordable, but in my country it's very difficult for the government to do that instead the it's will even be on the high side

In my country Nigeria, even though they have housing plan in their fiscal budget but it will never get to the grassroots. It will be allocated to the government officials if they eventually build it. Housing is one of the major problem we faced here because of high rate of poverty. If housing can be solved, the economy will recover 40%.
Corruption is our major problem in Nigeria. An average government official is only thinking about himself and his or her family and friends. That why even the available built housing unit never gets to the grass roots. As it now an average Nigerian can't even afford to build his or her house and rent is on the high side in most part of the country.

Yes, we have it here as well. Nigerian government has been creating housing estate all over the city of Abuja where I live and it's best suitable for workers and other government related workers.

The idea of government developing low cost housing for civil servant is because it will be an easy means for the workers to pay back through the monthly deduction from their salaries, but the government of my country have not been forthcoming with it.

Housing scheme run by the government is never successful in my country due to lack of planning and foresight. It is the private entity that runs housing scheme in My City and give out property at exorbitant price because they are after profit making.

It is the primary responsibility of the government to provide cheap and affordable houses for the lower cadre. The government would ensure an instalmental payments to make it easier for the poor.

I am a citizen of a country where my leaders will always make this as a top agenda in their manifestos before being in power but will never execute it. Bringing down the housing cost for low income earners has never happened that's why some people end up sleeping under bridges.

In the aspect of providing housing to citizens, I can comment on the effort of government by providing housing to most especially internally displaced persons and this has helped alot in given them sense of belonging to a nation or a country of their origin.

In my country, different administrations have always promised to develop estates comprising of units of affordable houses for low income workers, but it has never happen we are yet to see such estates.

But I believe that if the government provides the funds but engages private companies to develop the estate and manage the projects, they will achieve their plan of providing affordable housing.

Whats your thougt?
Government have tried in the area of providing affordable housing.
There are many estates in my state that were established by the state government. The cost of the houses are such that citizens can afford.

In my country, different administrations have always promised to develop estates comprising of units of affordable houses for low income workers, but it has never happen we are yet to see such estates.

But I believe that if the government provides the funds but engages private companies to develop the estate and manage the projects, they will achieve their plan of providing affordable housing.

Whats your thougt?
I think there is something like this in port hacourt commonly know as PH. It's a state in Nigeria. The Government owns the estate, it's more like a mini community but trust me the cost is no where affordable for the common man. Most times the government just makes empty promises.

Whats your thougt?
I have seen estates established by the government here in my country.
the problem is that after these houses have been given out to tenants, they are no longer looked after by the government. I have even seen some estates with unoccupied houses which have lost their value.

The government of my country has tried to some extent, in developing a strategy called the rural housing development settlement which has assisted alot of people who are in lack or needs of accommodation for lively survival.

Here in Nigeria, most of such projects are usually done with election campaign at heart , as they mostly remain uncompleted after the new government comes on board.

Here in Nigeria, most of such projects are usually done with election campaign at heart , as they mostly remain uncompleted after the new government comes on board.
The country is just somehow they don't really care for the people .what they are just interested is how they can fill in their pocket. everything the government are doing here are for their own selfish interest that's just all, even In a small thing like this.

The government in my country haven't done much and I'm sure you know that, they claim to build thousands of houses on the TV but in reality the average citizen can't even afford it.

It has not worked in my country as my government is somewhat dubious in her activities. They are incapable of providing affordable housing to the citizens. They embezzle money that was meant for housing.

It has not worked in my country as my government is somewhat dubious in her activities. They are incapable of providing affordable housing to the citizens. They embezzle money that was meant for housing.
They really try doing it but the corruption in the country makes it to be almost impossible, the problem is that if we are ready to perform a particular activities we will always do it but some people are doing everything out of selfish interest.

Well, the government of my country, in some specific areas and location, the have made a recommendable effort in providing house for low income earners even though the policy is been compromised by some of the upper class politicians.
The government of my country, has made several efforts in other to meet up to need of people in terms of housing but the effort has been limited due to inactive ness of it government agent.

Last edited:
Lolz, corruption won't even let it work over here and even if they are doing it is when corruption has taken over and they're just using the little they are done to showcase that there are actually doing something whereas they have not done anything.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back