What's new

Government involvement in providing affordable house for works - Has it worked in your country???

My government had built many buildings for residence but it is only for government employees. The government of my country is extremely corrupt and they do not care about their own people at all.

For where l, government haven't provide house for there worker because the condition of the government in the country is very bad, after that they will make promise that when they won the election they will build affordable house for there worker, when they are in the government housing the will not fulfill there promise,and the went on and there didn't fulfill there promise.

In Nigeria as a case study, different government have made alot of promises to provide housing for workers. A promise where none of them has ever achieved. When government pay housing as part of allowances they spend more for the person that will work for 35 years. when government builds a house the worker is made to pay to take ownership of the house.

In my country Nigeria, even though they have housing plan in their fiscal budget but it will never get to the grassroots. It will be allocated to the government officials if they eventually build it. Housing is one of the major problem we faced here because of high rate of poverty.
It has not worked in my country as my government is somewhat dubious in her activities. They are incapable of providing affordable housing to the citizens. They embezzle money that was meant for housing.

In my country, different administrations have always promised to develop estates comprising of units of affordable houses for low income workers, but it has never happen we are yet to see such estates.

But I believe that if the government provides the funds but engages private companies to develop the estate and manage the projects, they will achieve their plan of providing affordable housing.

Whats your thougt?
I think that the use of private companies could actually be a very good idea, however the concern that I have with this is that the private companies are likely to charge a lot more for the work that is at hand and therefore the overall cost of the houses could increase drastically and this may not be profitable for the government then.

In my country, different administrations have always promised to develop estates comprising of units of affordable houses for low income workers, but it has never happen we are yet to see such estates.

But I believe that if the government provides the funds but engages private companies to develop the estate and manage the projects, they will achieve their plan of providing affordable housing.

Whats your thougt?
Government of my country are by no way responsible for the welfare of her citizens. No housing fund can ever come from government to private companies to develop an estate for their workers.

Over here in my country government do provide house for their workers but not all the house are comfortable for the workers most workers still go ahead renting better apartment for themself.

Yes it works in my country.government involved in housing scheme they build houses and sell this house is at the cheapest rate to the citizen of the country.

In my country, the government involvement in providing affordable housing units for it's workers are always full of a lot shady transactions all the time. Contracts are not usually been completed before handing it over to the workers. So much problems

I think it has worked but not to some extent because if it has really worked, so many employees wouldn't be having accommodation issues.

Whats your thougt?
Thats government for you, they are always promising without fulfilling their promise, I am also yet to see an housing estate by the government been rented out to people in a lesser price,

However, the rapid pace and scale of urbanisation pose challenges, such as meeting increased demand for affordable housing, well-connected transportation systems and other infrastructure, basic services, and employment, particularly for the nearly 1 billion urban poor who live in informal settlements to be close to opportunities.

There was a time the government of Nigeria promise to build house for government workers is been a long time now I don't see what they promise, well I'm still waiting hoping that one day it will start working toward it because the condition of government workers in this country is very bad, I'm also waiting to be a beneficiary.
It has always been like that in Nigeria that the government will promise the people low cost housing for civil servants but they will not provide it till their tenure will finish. Government promises on affordable houses has always been lies upon lies, the citizens depends more on private real estate developers.

It worked in some cases and don't in some cases as well. They build houses most of the times for the government employees and leave out the rest of the public from the schemes. Not a good thing

It has always been like that in Nigeria that the government will promise the people low cost housing for civil servants but they will not provide it till their tenure will finish. Government promises on affordable houses has always been lies upon lies, the citizens depends more on private real estate developers.
The government here is just a joke, they are not interested and they are not even caring for the people they were meant to care for, they are actually making things very difficult for our citizen instead of them to make it easier for them ,this is really sad.

In my country, the government involvement in providing affordable housing units for it's workers are always full of a lot shady transactions all the time. Contracts are not usually been completed before handing it over to the workers. So much problems
There are such cases here that the contractors are amiss with the contract. In one province with a housing project of 10,000 units the contractor was using substandard materials as proven by the inspection. In that kind of work contract there is bribery so the contractor has to save on the cost of the materials.

The government only builds these houses for it's own workers and not for the general public most of the time. It is these staff members that now sells it to private individuals after acquiring it

Sure it does but not by the government but the province and State government. They build houses and give it houses to government workers.

Ok! Now this is a good and insightful need only achieved by leaders who have their citizens by heart. I've not seen such avenue in my country instead, the cost of housing is increasing rapidly.

It hasn't worked yet in my locality, though a lot of promises have been made but I keep seeing a lot of private projects instead. I them begin to wonder if believing the government is actually worth it

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back