What's new

Government involvement in providing affordable house for works - Has it worked in your country???

Kayzzy3

Seasoned Veteran
1000 Posts Club
Dec 17, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
In my country, different administrations have always promised to develop estates comprising of units of affordable houses for low income workers, but it has never happen we are yet to see such estates.

But I believe that if the government provides the funds but engages private companies to develop the estate and manage the projects, they will achieve their plan of providing affordable housing.

Whats your thougt?

In my country Nigeria, even though they have housing plan in their fiscal budget but it will never get to the grassroots. It will be allocated to the government officials if they eventually build it. Housing is one of the major problem we faced here because of high rate of poverty. If housing can be solved, the economy will recover 40%.

In my country Nigeria, even though they have housing plan in their fiscal budget but it will never get to the grassroots. It will be allocated to the government officials if they eventually build it. Housing is one of the major problem we faced here because of high rate of poverty. If housing can be solved, the economy will recover 40%.
You are very right, an average worker spend more than 60% of his/her wages on rent then most of the rest on other basic items, saving will be difficult and property will persist.

It's not always a solutions since Government may over spend, but it would be nice to at least help out and pay a part possibly

It has not worked in my country as my government is somewhat dubious in her activities. They are incapable of providing affordable housing to the citizens. They embezzle money that was meant for housing.

In my country, different administrations have always promised to develop estates comprising of units of affordable houses for low income workers, but it has never happen we are yet to see such estates.

But I believe that if the government provides the funds but engages private companies to develop the estate and manage the projects, they will achieve their plan of providing affordable housing.

Whats your thougt?
Yes in my country Pakistan the government is providing such type of facility. And surely the government is doing this with the help of private companies and the work on it is going to complete soon and the low income workers can get on easy installment.

The government cannot solve this problem of housing, there should be proper collaboration between the private sector and the govt. The govt provide the blueprint of the housing design and land while the private company build on it. The problem is sometimes the house don't get to these low income earners, they are bought off even before the facilities are completed.

Last edited:
Yes in my country Pakistan the government is providing such type of facility. And surely the government is doing this with the help of private companies and the work on it is going to complete soon and the low income workers can get on easy installment.
That's the way to go, if government officials or ministries are directly used for this kind of projects, there is like to be corruption and the house may not be provided in the end.

My brother I don't really know the part of the country your texting from, all I know is that human government has falled, they have not brought peace, neither do they solve problems, they keep making empty promises.

I agree with you very much and I think that if the governments applied that suggestion of hiring private companies, it would be quite the housing solution for low-income people. In my country for some time, they manufactured large multi-family buildings to minimize the housing problem. That is already behind and the population is increasing with serious economic problems and therefore housing.

The problem in our country is that the homeless are growing faster than the government can build social housing for them. From a rough estimate there are 100,000 families in Metro Manila alone who are staying in the streets. I don't think this problem can be solved if the government would not make a radical move like making a law on vagrancy that makes staying (sleeping) in the streets illegal. People are emboldened to stay in the city without a home because they are waiting for free housing from the government.

Whats your thougt?
Exactly, over here in my country Nigeria since they began this project, we are yet to see one single person that can testify that he or she has benefitted from this. The government over here are just using this to embezzle money.

In my country Nigeria, government efforts to try and provide affordable housing for workers hasn't always worked well as either the houses are not enough or the rich politician hijack the houses for themselves and their families. So therefore it has never worked in my country due to corruption.

I m

Whats your thougt
In my country pakistan, Government has some projects for low paid jobs employeees. But i am not sure they are actually given or not. But i our army sector evrery employee get a home from government.

I hear that news and plan every day, but I am yet to see the manifestation in my residence. The housing rate for some government workers are even high. This is affecting all government workers. I can see the government endless effort to make housing rate cheap and affordable and I believe very soon it will be a reality.

Whats your thougt?
Such thing do not happen in my country . Infact the government quarters in my country are costly . They are specially for the government officials . I think they should put the money in creating jobs instead.

The only time this was carried out successfully and effectively was during the military era. Nowadays politicians will just make promises to win the election. After then, they renege all their promises. The ones they even built then are not affordable by the common man

Our national government somehow is more busy with other issues than this. But I appreciate the private sector and some local governments for pushing mass housing. The best country so far when it comes to a government taking such initiative is Singapore. We all should learn from their past housing program.

There was a time the government of Nigeria promise to build house for government workers is been a long time now I don't see what they promise, well I'm still waiting hoping that one day it will start working toward it because the condition of government workers in this country is very bad, I'm also waiting to be a beneficiary.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back