What's new

Government involvement in providing affordable house for works - Has it worked in your country???

In my country, different administrations have always promised to develop estates comprising of units of affordable houses for low income workers, but it has never happen we are yet to see such estates.

But I believe that if the government provides the funds but engages private companies to develop the estate and manage the projects, they will achieve their plan of providing affordable housing.

Whats your thougt?
Yes in my country Pakistan this facility is going to held from many of days but It has not worked in my country as my government is somewhat dubious in her activities. They are incapable of providing affordable housing to the citizens. They embezzle money that was meant for housing. Government should be active in this matter because there is a lot of one's hopes

It is unfortunate that the government is not paying attention to housing scheme. The people have really suffered waiting on the government to provide situable housing especially for those who are gainfully employed.
It is very clear that the government has not done anything like that.

In my country, different administrations have always promised to develop estates comprising of units of affordable houses for low income workers, but it has never happen we are yet to see such estates.

But I believe that if the government provides the funds but engages private companies to develop the estate and manage the projects, they will achieve their plan of providing affordable housing.

Housing is one of the major challenges we are facing in my country in Nigeria. One government will come and promise and will go, another one will still come and promise. None of them have achieved this for so many years now.
I think the government alone cannot do this, they should collaborate with the private sector.

You are very right, an average worker spend more than 60% of his/her wages on rent then most of the rest on other basic items, saving will be difficult and property will persist.
This shows how bad our government in Nigeria is. When a worker spends like 80% of his monthly salary on rent and transportation, what is left behind to live on for that month. I believe if housing policy is restructured to favor low income workers, it would be good.

I think it is just a way that the government in power in my state use to give out houses to their friends and family members. I have seen situations where they award contracts for such estates to be built, but at the end of the day, those who are allowed to live in those places are the people connected to the government.

In my country, the promise of affordable housing has been an every year thing, but the government have never kept to their promise and from the look of things, I don't think that we will be seeing the fulfillment of that promise anytime soon.

No, i do not think it has worked out well. I live in one of the third nations countries where corruption is prevelence. The government might claim to be involved in providing affordable housing but at the end, the money allocated for this is diverted into something else.
Post automatically merged:

No, i do not think it has worked out well. I live in one of the third nations countries where corruption is prevelence. The government might claim to be involved in providing affordable housing but at the end, the money allocated for this is diverted into something else.

Affordable housing estates are mostly provided by the government. Most government promises to build affordable houses but at the end they end up doing nothing at times there is no continuity from the previous one if the later started the project and didn't finish it prior to the end of his tenure

Such thing do not happen in my country . Infact the government quarters in my country are costly . They are specially for the government officials . I think they should put the money in creating jobs instead.
In my country, the ministry of works and housing is chilling, we don't even see him except once in a while and he works outside his minstry. I believe the government disburses some amount of money for works and housing but houses don't see it.

Whats your thougt?
In Nigeria government can't even give us covid-19 palliatives that were being sponsored by individuals and other countries. Let alone funding national Housing schemes. It is a very sorry situation in Nigeria that the government doesn't think about the people that voted them into power.

In my country, people have lost interest and hope and trust in the government and their policies, so many citizens don't expect anything tangible from them. Despite having the housing provisions in their fiscal budget, they don't seem to do it. Yes, you are right. Letting private sectors handle it might be the way out.

yes of course Government of Pakistan announced "NAYA PAKISTAN HOUSING SCHEME". In this scheme mediocre person which work on daily wages can purchase easily house or land.

Government involvement in providing affordable houses? It hasn't work anything at all. Am not saying during jakande Era. But this present government are not doing anything at all for such to work. Worker are paying huge amounts on housing in this country,most especially Lagos. The house which they provide are for their caucus and not for the poor.

Whats your thougt?
I guess my state government is trying over here,because he launch some housing project online of resent,and I think snow people are enjoying from the housing project. The project is about selling each flat per person and they pay monthly or yearly till they finish paying the money. I think it's a good one tho and we need more of that in all states.

The issue in our nation is that the destitute are becoming quicker than the public authority can fabricate social lodging for them. From an unpleasant gauge there are 100,000 families in Metro Manila alone who are remaining in the roads. I don't figure this issue can be addressed if the public authority would not take an extreme action like making a law on vagrancy that makes remaining (dozing) in the roads illicit. Individuals are encouraged to remain in the city without a home since they are hanging tight with the expectation of complimentary lodging from the public authority.

I guess my state government is trying over here,because he launch some housing project online of resent,and I think snow people are enjoying from the housing project. The project is about selling each flat per person and they pay monthly or yearly till they finish paying the money. I think it's a good one tho and we need more of that in all states.
in my country government also doing this awesome work and providing people low budget homes for their needs. continue housing project launching in scheme and government announcing it time to time

The government has been somewhat not involved in anything we do. Burning an entrepreneur is one of the most difficult things to do, managing people and also sourcing for funds when the needs arises and also bearing the loose when it happens. As an entrepreneur it is not necessary to have an investors but depending on how much funds you have and the size you are looking out for it is always nice to have one

There was a time the government of Nigeria promise to build house for government workers is been a long time now I don't see what they promise, well I'm still waiting hoping that one day it will start working toward it because the condition of government workers in this country is very bad, I'm also waiting to be a beneficiary.
A housing scheme has also started in our country, New pakistan housing scheme.Government Policy on Housing.The housing sector has largely been Neglected by various governments in pakistan.Pakistan government has launched a program to give home to the homeless people.Under this program, poor people will get homes.This type of scheme should also be introduced in Future So that the poor can also get this facility.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back