What's new

For a new business, is it adviseeable to employ family and friends?

For a start up, would you advise he/she accommodates family and friends to cut cost?
To cut cost I will employ both family and friends to the business. They might even volunteer and request that they will not be given salary so that the business can survive but when there is profit then they will be given their share.

For a start up, would you advise he/she accommodates family and friends to cut cost?
For a new business I think it is quite good for that business to actually employed family and friends as this are people who would give it their all to make sure that that business succeed because they have a family type of connection to the business.

There is nothing bad in it if you employ a family friend in your business but you have to be very sure that the person is a trusted and tested family friend.

Family and friends are those who are supposed to have your best interest at heart due to the relationship you have with them,but when it comes to money there should be no favouritism because you cannot help anybody when you become poor,in business you have to distance serious work from pleasure

I don't recommend that at all. I have been through some unpleasant situations with family and friends. Some family members tend to cripple your business due to the feeling of familiarity and if they happen not to work as expected, you on your part may find it difficult to criticize them for fear of what they will think.

No. Too many cases out their of family members ruining start up because they are employed not based on experience but because they are a relative. If one is beginning a business, one is expected to employ people whose experience will be relevant in taking the business to the next level.
Post automatically merged:

No. Too many cases out their of family members ruining start up because they are employed not based on experience but because they are a relative. If one is beginning a business, one is expected to employ people whose experience will be relevant in taking the business to the next level.

It largely depends on the kind of family members. The business can be ruined if the siblings are irresponsible and has no passion for the business. But not all siblings are like that.

yes I can say it is adviserble to invite family and friends into your own business it would help them in terms of meeting up with there need but only if the are willing to do it and not to squander your products thinking that you are there friend or family member

One of those things that ruins a business faster is making your business more of family and friends based. Definitely, there's nothing like family or friends in business. You need to note that, because, this will cloud your judgment

People thinks that employing family can cause familiarity or the closeness might temper with work,to me business is business, professionalism should come to play and no relationship

I think it is good to employ friends and family. One, you can trust your friends and family because you have know these people since a long time, two, they can work for free, thus helping you to succeed.

I agree with you. I have known of a construction business where the boss employs his or here relatives. It's not based on qualifications but relationship.

To employ family members has its own advantages and disadvantages in business.because in most cases they do not take the business serious and sometimes they do take it serious.

To employ family members has its own advantages and disadvantages in business.because in most cases they do not take the business serious and sometimes they do take it serious.
Sometimes it may not really be necessary for you to employ family members in your business, most of them you can actually use the opportunities and their position as a family members against you.

There is nothing like family relationship in business if I am employing my family member i will state clearly what the company wants and what they don't.

There is nothing like family relationship in business if I am employing my family member i will state clearly what the company wants and what they don't

One of those things that ruins a business faster is making your business more of family and friends based. Definitely, there's nothing like family or friends in business. You need to note that, because, this will cloud your judgment
I agree with you, but I also believe it is not in all cases, there is an online academy I am into currently, our top boss has a sister who she introduced into the business, these two sisters are one the power house of the academy, working together and doing great. So it depends. In most cases putting your family might end up destroying your business because they may not take things serious.

You can always employ a family member or a friend you trust. For example I can trust my brother, if I need help in running my business my first consideration will always be my brother.

I wouldn't advice That, I'd tell you to employ someone you can trust, ur blood brother or wife/husband maybe worse than a stranger

I don't see anything wrong with employing your family member into your business but sometimes when you are employing your family member honesty should be one of the most important factors to consider when employing any of them.

I would only employees them if they have the required skill for my business. Of I am just after cutting cost my business may suffer due to lack of skill or capability.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back