What's new

For a new business, is it adviseeable to employ family and friends?

No. Too many cases out their of family members ruining start up because they are employed not based on experience but because they are a relative. If one is beginning a business, one is expected to employ people whose experience will be relevant in taking the business to the next level.

The truth is, there is nothing wrong with employing family members and friends in your business as long as the know the job description of the business and they will abide by the rules, terms and conditions of the business. If they could agree that they can do the work without bringing familiarity into the business, then there is no cause for alarm.

It's not advisable to employ a relative (family and friends) to a new business. If you start a new business, you should employ a who aren't relate to your if you want the business run smoothly because how the stranger will fear you to do your work good, relative one may not do it so, Because ha/she will know it will difficult for you to shacks him/her

Well it depend if the family member is competent and responsible I will gladly employ but if otherwise, I mean if the person is a lazy type I won't dare employing such into my new business. Because am just starting and I won't want anything to destroy my business.

I wouldn't advice that, especially for a new business. Most new business lacks structure and as such there's more room to misuse opportunities. It is always better that one recruits without sentiments at that crucial initial stage.

It is not advisable to employ a family or friend in a newly set up business because there will be limit to which you can discipline such people if they commit offence or when they show some kind of laziness or irregularity

It’s very much advisable to employ anyone even family or friends provided such person meets up with the employment requirements. Also no special treatment should be given to anyone as there are company rules and regulations. Everyone must the company ethics of work

Well it depends the family member, but you have to be careful when employing family member, new business need to be plain very well so that you won't get lost, opening a new business you have to put your eyes down.

It is about the person's capabilities and qualifications first, also if they are ready to abide by your rules and not ignore your orders because you are related. The thing is that I don't think it speaks well for me to employ outsiders when I have capable and qualified people around me.

No matter the situation, family and friends should not be employed for a starter. Because there is no way we won't treat our close relatives and friends with preferential treatment. Any mismanagement by them won't be taken too far because of the closeness.

Well.... I think it worth a trial as long as the person is qualify and is trust worthy... It does not matter if it's a family member... And the business been new it actually need people that will lovely nuture it...

For a start up, would you advise he/she accommodates family and friends to cut cost?
to never employ a friend or relative in a new business then it becomes very difficult to handle if they do any kind of damage they do cheaply or they can make any mistake so whenever we When starting a business, you should never employ any of your friends or relatives.

I don't think there is anything bad in employing family and friends in businesses, but you have to be sure that they will have it at the back of their minds that it is a business, they should take it like a business, so as to avoid misunderstanding

If you have a good family, it would be nice and so good to bring them into your business, they see the business as though it is their own and as such they would put in their very best and all things will run well

It's nothing to do with whether they are friends or family. Ask yourself if they are hardworking, dependable people who know what they are doing - that's what should be prioritised. Them being friends or family is really secondary!
I would do the same if I have to work with family members.

It all depends on the person's dependability, hardworking and honesty.

Such people can even make sacrifices to make the business successful.

For a start up, would you advise he/she accommodates family and friends to cut cost?
Yes it might be possible to employ you family members, but it should be done on some merit bases, if you consider someone in your family or relatives, a very hard working, capable and intelligent person, than you should adopt him/her for your business growth and promotion.

I don't think it's really adviceable to employ family or friends into ones business most especially if the business is still new. Family and friends tends to ruin a business when they know they won't be working with supervision since it's their relatives that owns the business.

I wouldn't advise a new business owner to employ family and friends.... In most cases they don't take the work serious because of overfamiliarity and when you caution them they will say you are too bossy and all other sorts of nonsense..... if possible please keep them away from your business till it grows to a certain level

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back