What's new

For a new business, is it adviseeable to employ family and friends?

If I have the needed capital and resources available, I will not allow family and friends to step an inch in partnership. I prefer to do it alone with external people so my decisions won't be compromised due to fear or favour.

It is not advisable for a new business owner to employ family member as an employee, if such an employee fail in duty assigned to him or her, it will be very hard for employers to dismiss him

If the business is relatively new and I don't think I will employ a family member. But I gladly accept their support financial or other ways to grow my business.

I will considered employing family member when the business is relatively stable and have a structure. The only critical is if he or she is qualified, with the right skills to do the job. Boundaries and standing instructions must be upheld to reduce negative attitude or behavior to work.

New start up can actually choose to employ family and friends probably to cut cost but then they must be trusted and competent the business operations in order to produce good results. Nothing bad with that...

Business is not an adventure for trials out of love rather than qualification, I wouldn't advise employing a family or friend for a new one because there could be accountability issues due to familiarity

It is advisable but only if he or she is trustworthy.but if there is no trust I don't see the reason for accommodating that person. It's just the matter of trust.

Their is no big deal in employ family and friends to a newly business.new business needs to be handle with strong hands to make good profits

Yes it is advisable in order to reduce running costs. However, they must be subjected to normal business rules and practices and they must be supervised just like any other staff. This will help promote transparency and accountability in your business.

For a start up, would you advise he/she accommodates family and friends to cut cost?
Well, if your reason for employing family and friends is to cut cost, it's okay.
You have to ensure still that those you're employing have basic knowledge of the business and are capable of handling the business.

Yes it is advisable in order to reduce running costs. However, they must be subjected to normal business rules and practices and they must be supervised just like any other staff. This will help promote transparency and accountability in your business.
I will never employ a family member in any business that I start new because the fund is not yet grow,if at all I want to consider that then it should be when the business has grow to some certain stage

If they don't have any experience inline with your business then there is a probability that the business won't even grow, let alone collapsing in the long run. Employ family members who are experienced and know the sector to place them.

For a start up, would you advise he/she accommodates family and friends to cut cost?
To cut cost? well, i do not think it is a bad idea.
But i would advice that the experience or qualification or skill of the family member or friends you are employing is put to check. Your business may fail if you employ uncapable hands.

To me,it is not advisable to employ either your friend or family member to your new business, because they may take advantage of you and do anything they wish.

Well I can only advice one to employ family and friends if the business is actually old and not that it is a new business because you wouldn't want to jeopardize that

The truth is that there is nothing wrong with employing family members and friends in your business as long as they are aware of the job description and agree to follow the company's rules, terms, and conditions. There is no need to be concerned if they can agree that they can complete the work without introducing familiarity into the company.

Employing family members in a business is not the best sometimes because the could interfere with one's business but if they are qualified, there's nothing wrong in employing them.

I think, some times the support of family members into a particular business organisation, is the reason behind the success of the organisation. It's proper for a family member into a startup business if he can helped.
Post automatically merged:

Well, the employment of a family member into a startup business, is not the problem. His capabilities to move the business to a greater level through his commitment is the case to be considered.

Last edited:
Yes I'll employ them to help in effective running of the business if only they're competent enough; I wouldn't employ someone that's not capable in the aim of trying to cut costs.

It is not advisable to employ family and friends into a new business because over-familiarity and reduce productivity and they won't be able to be corrected. Employee family and friends will limit you from having the full sail over your business and your business will grow as you want me to go because they may not see the vision you have for the business.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back