What's new

Does your work allow a radio or tv to be on? Or no distractions?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
I know some businesses will have a radio playing or a tv going, usually it's meant to be background noise for the staff, but sometimes I'd say it can be a distraction. Do you allow any radio or tv to play while your staff is on the job? I know it can help some people focus on the work, but is there a time where you don't want the radio or tv on?

I do not like any kind of distractions while working. MY work demands deep concentration. I need a quite place to concentrate on my content or website building, and even marketing and SEO. Therefore, I do not keep radio, TV or even music on while working.

As long as the volume of the television or radio is not too loud in a way that it is going to be distracting those who are working, I don't have any problem with it because it can actually serve as some sort of entertainment for those who are working especially when they are taking their break.

I know some businesses will have a radio playing or a tv going, usually it's meant to be background noise for the staff, but sometimes I'd say it can be a distraction. Do you allow any radio or tv to play while your staff is on the job? I know it can help some people focus on the work, but is there a time where you don't want the radio or tv on?

This depends a lot on the kind of job. There are many places where the employees have access to television. A few companies even allow their employees to spend some time during the break time. However, this all depends on the nature of job.

I don't like any kind of noise around me, especially when I'm working and trying to focus. Any kind of noise, whether it's TV, radio, or anything else, is a distraction for me. I like to work in complete silence.

I don't like any kind of noise around me, especially when I'm working and trying to focus. Any kind of noise, whether it's TV, radio, or anything else, is a distraction for me. I like to work in complete silence.

There are some people who can't work with any kind of noise unless it's their own noise. For me, as long as the noise is not too much, it's not going to bother me too much. I have worked in a very noisy environment some years ago which made my adjust to working in such situations.

I do not like any kind of distractions while working. MY work demands deep concentration. I need a quite place to concentrate on my content or website building, and even marketing and SEO. Therefore, I do not keep radio, TV or even music on while working.

There is TV at the workplace where I am working, but it is only switched on when there is no activity happening at the place, that is there are less customers that are there at the workplace. So, while I support having a tv or a radio at the workplace, there should be time when it should be on.

The only thing that can play when I'm working would be music and nothing else. And infact, the business has to be selected because I work better while listening to cool and slow music.

Well, as long as the music being played isn't going to distract any other person that's working with you, then there's nothing to worry about it. Having distraction at work will always affect someone's work and that's why most companies try to cut that off.

Well, as long as the music being played isn't going to distract any other person that's working with you, then there's nothing to worry about it. Having distraction at work will always affect someone's work and that's why most companies try to cut that off.

I would like to share my personal experience which is quite related to this. I used to play YouTube videos in the background while working online. However, I used to get distracted a lot. This is because my attention used to get diverted. This means when you are focusing on something else, then you may not be able to focus completely on work. This is why I do not think that playing radio would be a great idea.

I would like to share my personal experience which is quite related to this. I used to play YouTube videos in the background while working online. However, I used to get distracted a lot. This is because my attention used to get diverted. This means when you are focusing on something else, then you may not be able to focus completely on work. This is why I do not think that playing radio would be a great idea.

This is actually part of the reason why some businesses don't consider having a TV installed within their business operations space. This is because they know that there is always a high possibility that their workers will always going to be distracted by whatever program that is going on on the television and it is going to affect their work.

This is actually part of the reason why some businesses don't consider having a TV installed within their business operations space. This is because they know that there is always a high possibility that their workers will always going to be distracted by whatever program that is going on on the television and it is going to affect their work.

In fact, there are many businesses where a television may not be installed due to many other reasons as well. Televisions might be irrelevant. There is no use of using devices like television because it is seen as a luxury. Even if employees are not distracted by television, then still having a television may be irrelevant.

There's no TV or radio allowed in my workplace. The company's policy doesn't support it, they see it as being an unnecessary expenses which can only cause distractions to workers. I would love to have a TV in my office but it's one possible.

I think this depends on the kind of job at hand. If it is a restaurant, bar or the sorts, music in the background is a huge boost of morale. It makes the work go faster and whole the atmosphere becomes entertaining. The same does not apply in places like banks.

I think this depends on the kind of job at hand. If it is a restaurant, bar or the sorts, music in the background is a huge boost of morale. It makes the work go faster and whole the atmosphere becomes entertaining. The same does not apply in places like banks.

You're very correct with that assessment and I personally wouldn't feel comfortable being in a restaurant, bar or club where they don't play music or even have TV for me to watch while I pass my time. It doesn't make sense to me and the business owner doesn't know to offer good service to their customers.

No, I typically work best without distractions, so I don't have a radio or TV on during my tasks. However, if we're in a fun and relaxed setting, like enjoying some leisure time, then it's okay to have some background entertainment for a more enjoyable experience.

No, I typically work best without distractions, so I don't have a radio or TV on during my tasks. However, if we're in a fun and relaxed setting, like enjoying some leisure time, then it's okay to have some background entertainment for a more enjoyable experience.

For me, should the music be low, I wouldn't worry too much about it as I can work under such kind of low noise. I do use my airpods to play music at work whenever I don't have anything serious left to do or during my break time.

I have this weird feeling about how to use a TV at work. I like it being on and playing without any audio. The audio might distract me but only the visual can't. I like looking up at the TV just to see something playing and I will look away.

Does anyone like using their TV at work this way?

There's no TV or radio allowed in my workplace. The company's policy doesn't support it, they see it as being an unnecessary expenses which can only cause distractions to workers. I would love to have a TV in my office but it's one possible.

Unfortunately, the policy of your company is against having television at work which is why it is going to be very difficult for you to get exactly what you are looking for in this kind of situation. Unless you are in a very good relationship with your boss for him to be able to adjust that policy, then you can be able to get what you want.

Unfortunately, the policy of your company is against having television at work which is why it is going to be very difficult for you to get exactly what you are looking for in this kind of situation. Unless you are in a very good relationship with your boss for him to be able to adjust that policy, then you can be able to get what you want.

Well, there might be certain workplaces where they may allow you to use radio when it comes to break time, so the policy may differ under many different kinds of circumstances and workplace settings. It also depends a lot on the kind of employee you are and nature of the job.

Newest Directory Listings

Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back