What's new

Ever lose users when your site/forum goes down?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
When you have a site outage and can't get it back up in due time, do you ever lose users? Do some of them end up leaving and never coming back? Or are they patient and wait for the downtime to go through?

I don't think I've lost many users from downtime, but I'm sure some users have left just because.

A person will first think that this site will not be back to life and even send a newsletter not all people read the newsletter, which means it is probable to lose many users if inactivity stays for a long time.

I have a small group of users and these users come to my site through paid programs like posting packages, therefore, even when my site is down, they will come back when the site is up. I do lose traffic when the site is down but I don't lose users.

In most cases & times, it seems to site and forum owners that they are not losing some users as they think the said user is on break or something similar. However some user don't exercise patience to check back if the site is up and running. This mostly occur in first time users.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back