What's new

Do you think age is a barrier when starting a business?

Personally, I think it's knowledge and resources that are the main barriers to starting a new business or any kind of business for that matter and not age at all.
You're right @Heatman. Knowledge and finance is the major thing around business. If the person going into it, understands it. I don't see any barrier hindering him or her from moving on.

Yes... for sure. There are many things that also kids can do but sadly too many sites require the minimum age of 18 years. Kids can be good at gaming so they could start a gaming youtube channel, but also it's very hard to get monetized, they can build a website, but also the minimum age is required

I would say it depends on the type of business the individual wants to venture into. Its best one starts a business at a young age when the strength and focus is there and the right amount of motivation too.
You are quite right , I don't think age has anything to do with business but bit depend on the type's of business, if you are old and not agile , you can't go into farming business.

My brother was just 16 years old when he took over my father's business and he's still managing the business till date having even expanded it.
Wow, that's great! Having a family business can definitely give young people a big opportunity to learn.

Yes richest doesn't come with age, anyone can enroll into business if the mentally is right for the business. If such person is ready to take the risk involved in business, then the ground is set for him or her to go into business full-time.

Wow, that's great! Having a family business can definitely give young people a big opportunity to learn.
Yes, he's learnt quite well and grown well in the business. He even got to be mature more than his age as a result of the business.

Yes... for sure. There are many things that also kids can do but sadly too many sites require the minimum age of 18 years. Kids can be good at gaming so they could start a gaming youtube channel, but also it's very hard to get monetized, they can build a website, but also the minimum age is required
You're right too. Because some children aren't mentally capable of running business. 18 years is the minimum age requirement set for working in some sites and starting some legal businesses. But doesn't necessarily hinder some kind of small scale business.

Yes richest doesn't come with age, anyone can enroll into business if the mentally is right for the business. If such person is ready to take the risk involved in business, then the ground is set for him or her to go into business full-time.
Exactly, some people have the necessary skills and experience to do very well in any business as long as they are afforded the opportunity to do so.

Starting a business has nothing to do with age. We hear and seen some young successful entrepreneurs while there are many older people out there who couldn't manage a small scale business. Managing a business is all about idea and knowledge.

Starting a business has nothing to do with age. We hear and seen some young successful entrepreneurs while there are many older people out there who couldn't manage a small scale business. Managing a business is all about idea and knowledge.
Some people actually think that it's necessary to be of age before getting involved in any kind of business in order to have some sort of experience.

Exactly, some people have the necessary skills and experience to do very well in any business as long as they are afforded the opportunity to do so.
Yes, their are people who are talented doing business while some aren't no matter how you force them to do it. The mindset of running a business is different from the academic knowledge.

Not everybody has the ability to run a business regardless their age some are even hold yet they can manage business while some are very young and they are doing excellently and business management, so to an extent age is not a barrier.

Not everybody has the ability to run a business regardless their age some are even hold yet they can manage business while some are very young and they are doing excellently and business management, so to an extent age is not a barrier.
Yes, i agree with your contributions. Age isn't a yardstick or barrier when it comes to an individual making a business progress. Their are adults who aren't matured to handle business to move mountains. While some adolescence are just matured to take the reigns the risk to run a business of their choice and achieve success.

I do not see age as a barrier in achieving anything especially in business. The important thing is having the idea, the necessary resource and passion for it.

I don't think age is a barrier to starting a business, i think money or capital as well as the opportunities are the barriers faced in starting a business. If you are very young and want to go into a business, get the right education and financial help you can get and start

To me age is not a barrier and it is also a barrier, though age is just a number but experience matters alot..
Some people have experience than their age which they can use in setting up a business and be successful
It is very true and a fact,because your consistence performance of a task or routine which brings experience anyway is what is needed in the the real world of business and not just age in number.

Lots of businesses successful and still growing especially online are mostly owned by very young people which ordinarily if age were to determine when to do business they won't even be in business by now.

Well people that are saying it's not good for adolescent to start business or trading have their reasons for saying that maybe it is because once money start coming in their hands, there is tendency of them to be distracted. However business has no age.
You may be right. But in actual sense, business is different from investment. While anybody at any age can invest anytime, business can not be done be done like that. A teenager may not know how to handle a business.

Age shouldn't be a barrier in starting a business at all. If one is sixty years old and wishes to start a business of his interest or choice , he should go for it so long as he has the knowledge and idea of the business he is intending to start. Likewise if you are as tender as fourteen years old, same thing apply to you too.

Yes it is one of the most important factors to consider when you are starting up a business about from the financial ability because there are some age i.e below 18 years in which a person may not be able to handle the stress that comes with business and to manage all the business affairs for smooth running of an organisation.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back