Wait!!, It's about to go wow 😱😱😲
Staff member
Writer's Staff Team
1000 Posts Club
Oct 10, 2021
USD
$23.4600USD
Biznotes
Making updates to to software like blog and forum softwares have diverse benefit to both the users and site owners/managers.
New release softwares like wordpress come with various benefits ranging from benefits like security issues, error and bugs fixing, some release gives a new user experience, compatibility, news feed in relative to the latest trends.

While it stands positive on the need to make updates, however there are some drawbacks which it carries such as server space consumption, incompatibility with certain plugins/add-on, especially if the plugins/add-on are not regularly maintained or if the update introduces significant changes.

With this well known by you, do you frequently update you site software immediately when there is a new release?

In my aspect I do wait for a week or two before updating to the new release of the software, mostly when there is a new security issue resolved or fixed in that very release.

I am very cautious regarding updating my forum software. I use open source software, and it will be difficult to find support when I encounter issues. I once encountered problem while updating software. However, whenever updates are available for the software I use for blog and ecommerce site, I update them accordingly

I religiously update my software, lol. I use either Wordpress or Invision Power Services for all my sites, and I for most of them I will update right away.

I do have one site with a lot of 3rd party plugins so I will usually hang back until those are updated first.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back