What's new

Did you ever lose your free site because you forgot about it?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
When I started online, I remember having a few free sites and forums. I had a few sites I updated frequently, even a forum that I kept up on. But after some time, I sort of forgot about my free sites. Fast forward a few years later and I've since lost access to those sites. Have you ever found an old site of yours and attempted to sign in? I wish I can find my old forum.

The problem @Grant is not the fact of being free or paid because even there are administrators with paid forums who rarely take a look there and forward work to the staff or moderators. So it is practical to find an active admin is a rare fact add to offline commitments and especially if you create more than one free forum or site it will be hard to be active in all of them.

When I was starting out, I created free sites on multiple platforms such as blogger, wordpress, wix, weebly etc.. However, when I decided to abandon these sites, I always made sure that I move my content else where and shut down these sites. I have never created a free site and just forgot about these sites. Having said that I have accounts on multiple sites, forums and article sites, that I have forgotten

When I was starting out, I created free sites on multiple platforms such as blogger, wordpress, wix, weebly etc.. However, when I decided to abandon these sites, I always made sure that I move my content else where and shut down these sites. I have never created a free site and just forgot about these sites. Having said that I have accounts on multiple sites, forums and article sites, that I have forgotten
You could sync your favorite websites in bookmarks like the following example:
Create a folder like My WordPress Sites
Another one: My ForumOtion Sites
Another one: My Proboards Sites
Another one: My Wix Sites
Another one: My Blogger Sites
And then turn on Edge synchronization.

When I started online, I remember having a few free sites and forums. I had a few sites I updated frequently, even a forum that I kept up on. But after some time, I sort of forgot about my free sites. Fast forward a few years later and I've since lost access to those sites. Have you ever found an old site of yours and attempted to sign in? I wish I can find my old forum.
Only if I forget the passwords, and then they make it a real hassle to reset them. Especially when I can't even remember which email address I used when signing up, because that's where they usually want to send the link to reset. So from there, they ask for a phone number (which I never gave) and at that point it's impossible to recover or remember anything, so I just give up. It's nobody's fault, really.
But I don't feel bad, I figure if I stayed away long enough to not remember any of my login info, it's probably no big loss.

Only if I forget the passwords, and then they make it a real hassle to reset them. Especially when I can't even remember which email address I used when signing up, because that's where they usually want to send the link to reset. So from there, they ask for a phone number (which I never gave) and at that point it's impossible to recover or remember anything, so I just give up. It's nobody's fault, really.
But I don't feel bad, I figure if I stayed away long enough to not remember any of my login info, it's probably no big loss.
It is practically impossible to receive SMS from a foreign country because it is mint to send to specific countries and not to others and this is the sad truth then we have to be a little divergent and buy SIM cards for activation in the UK online for example for SMS verification for example.

I had some free sites of which some I still have access to them. While some I don't even remember them due to the fact that I was using these free sites for test and trials purposes only. I never did anything serious with any of the free sites I had except one which I still have access to now.

I had some free sites of which some I still have access to them. While some I don't even remember them due to the fact that I was using these free sites for test and trials purposes only. I never did anything serious with any of the free sites I had except one which I still have access to now.
This could be true if you did not start advertising this project because it happens that you start as a trial purpose then advertise and build a community and people are satisfied with the concept. At this time losing the password will be damageful.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back