What's new

Dealing with depression from unachieved business goals.

In summary, you should just be realistic while running your own race. Unrealistic standards are what make people quickly fall into depression. If you are true to yourself, you will always have that reminder that yours doesn't have to be like everyone else’s.

In summary, you should just be realistic while running your own race. Unrealistic standards are what make people quickly fall into depression. If you are true to yourself, you will always have that reminder that yours doesn't have to be like everyone else’s.
Majority of our young ones are victim to these, they see various post on social media of people living fake lives and they fall into depression, what advice would you give to them?

Depression is not an easy thing to deal with and one can't deal with it alone,one needs to go into counseling and also share his or her problems with family member a problem shared is a problem half solved

You're right about that mate. You shouldn't compare yourself with anyone because everyone's destiny ain't the same. You shouldn't fall into depression because of that, as long as you're making your possible effort towards achieving your goals

You're right about that mate. You shouldn't compare yourself with anyone because everyone's destiny ain't the same. You shouldn't fall into depression because of that, as long as you're making your possible effort towards achieving your goals
Nice one, this is just the best advice for him and if you may want to consider it in that way you might even be harming yourself, he needs to also understand that no matter his position in life there are thousands of people he is better than who still do not have the opportunity he is having.

Majority of our young ones are victim to these, they see various post on social media of people living fake lives and they fall into depression, what advice would you give to them?
I would say to them that it is just a facade and not real. I would tell them that the media and public space are like a place for the show. Hence no one dries their dirty laundry there. They will not show you the struggle backstage. They only go there to celebrate.

It is like a couple showing off their cute baby but they don't show you the sleepless nights, the trips to the hospital, the frustration, of how much they tried before they conceived.

So instead of obsessing with another’s life, focus on yours and make it worth living.

Depression is a feeling of pessimism, inadequacy and despondency leading to inactivity. The can be cause by many factors including the feeling that one has failed to achieve his/her set business goals.

How can this be prevented or dealt with?

1. Set reasonable goals for yourself: Set long and short term goals to a very sensible extent don't be too optimistic, then you will appreciate what you have achieved.

2. Don't compare yourself with everyone else: Don't start comparing yourself with Elon Musk, relax and take it step by step, you will get there in time.

3. Relax: Take time out to relax and engage in leisure activities, it will reduce stress and take your off the challenges.

4. Network with friends: when you networks with others, your learn and see that you are doing well, you will feel better about how far you've gone.

5. Be grateful for what you have achieved: When you magnify what you have, you will not feel bad about yourself, be happy with where you are, knowing that tomorrow is another day to achieve great things.

Any other suggestions is welcomed.

I went through a serious depression in the past but I recovered on my own, without any consultation, etc. by the simple fact that I started to take more care of myself, to have more time for myself. and now I'm fine thanks, I had a good time!

Unacheived goal has lead to depression which many business man and woman are battling with from onset and it has lead many people to jail since they cannot pay up the money they are owing and lead some to untimely death.

I would say to them that it is just a facade and not real. I would tell them that the media and public space are like a place for the show. Hence no one dries their dirty laundry there. They will not show you the struggle backstage. They only go there to celebrate.

It is like a couple showing off their cute baby but they don't show you the sleepless nights, the trips to the hospital, the frustration, of how much they tried before they conceived.

So instead of obsessing with another’s life, focus on yours and make it worth living.
Well said, I have a friend who is currently searching for a job but he sees others younger than him making it big, posting various things on social media, he almost committed suicide, he felt he was useless. We had to talk sense into him, it was later we realized that does so called friends he looked up to on social media where actually into fraudulent activities.

The tips in the original post are pretty good, but I would add - if you are indeed going through depression after a failure - it is important to also seek professional help because it can be a difficult ditch to climb out of. And after that, it is worth reevaluating your goals and think about what you can learn from your mistakes.

Ignore the negative voices inside your head and always believe in your ability that you can get whatever you want to, with hard work and faith

Dealing with the failures occured in any business can be practiced when you accept failure as an opportunity to succeed in a great way in future. It's also necessary not to compare others with our potential because everyone has got their unique talents and skills required to become a successful businessman.

I have failed in business multiple times. I incurred a huge loss from business failures, I even had to sell my property to pay the debt, however, I never went into depression because of business failure.

I always remember Allah and pray all the time and this is the best way to deal with depression. I place hope in him and he already provided me with a lots of things in life. So this is the best way to deal with depression that are caused by financial problems.

Well said, I have a friend who is currently searching for a job but he sees others younger than him making it big, posting various things on social media, he almost committed suicide, he felt he was useless. We had to talk sense into him, it was later we realized that does so called friends he looked up to on social media where actually into fraudulent activities.
That’s a typical example of the pressure out there these days. Many young people committing suicide it breaks you. You start thinking how they could have been saved but it’s too late. I’m glad you were able to save your friend. And he will forever be grateful.

That’s a typical example of the pressure out there these days. Many young people committing suicide it breaks you. You start thinking how they could have been saved but it’s too late. I’m glad you were able to save your friend. And he will forever be grateful.
That's just it, most of the things people see online and die for, they are just fake life, they do these things simply to gain the attention of others. Have you ever come across people who borrow just to post on social media?

Well, depression is really an inevitable phenomenon in every entrepreneur dealing with business on a daily basis most especially when facing challenges. the only way to deal with this situation is to need an assistant someone who will work on your behalf and always seeks for professional advice on how to tackle issues concerning your business.

That's just it, most of the things people see online and die for, they are just fake life, they do these things simply to gain the attention of others. Have you ever come across people who borrow just to post on social media?
Oh yes, I have. I have even seen a number of them who get embarrassed and exposed in the process. You tend to wonder what extent people can go to just for appearances.

In Nigeria most depressing is coming from unfinished expectations coming from Nigeria empty promise and some decisions coming from high expectations I believe we need to start depending on the Lord as the hope of a common man

Oh yes, I have. I have even seen a number of them who get embarrassed and exposed in the process. You tend to wonder what extent people can go to just for appearances.
Lol, like there was a popular case some years back about a Nigerian actress who posted a picture of a dog claiming the dog to be hers, that was until people investigated and found out she stole the pictures from someone else. I don't know if you heard about that story, it's funny how people pretend even to the point of petty things like pets.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back