Owner
Staff member
Administrative Team
1000 Posts Club
May 4, 2015
USD
$109.8000USD
Biznotes
During the month of November to the start of January, mail sorting offices, amazon warehouses, retail environments, and many more sectors are booming with business due to an increase in demand with people buying their Christmas Presents. With an increase in demand, businesses need more staff temporarily, often hiring workers on zero-hour contracts temporarily while the demand remains high. I've worked at the Royal Mail, sorting mail in the sorting offices for two Christmas seasons. It's a great way to make extra money to help with the increased expenditure because of the need to buy Xmas Gifts!

What about you? Has anyone here been employed on a temporary contract for a seasonal job? Did you make any long-lasting friends? What were the primary duties, and what did you enjoy most about them? Was there anything you didn't like?

During the month of November to the start of January, mail sorting offices, amazon warehouses, retail environments, and many more sectors are booming with business due to an increase in demand with people buying their Christmas Presents. With an increase in demand, businesses need more staff temporarily, often hiring workers on zero-hour contracts temporarily while the demand remains high. I've worked at the Royal Mail, sorting mail in the sorting offices for two Christmas seasons. It's a great way to make extra money to help with the increased expenditure because of the need to buy Xmas Gifts!

What about you? Has anyone here been employed on a temporary contract for a seasonal job? Did you make any long-lasting friends? What were the primary duties, and what did you enjoy most about them? Was there anything you didn't like?

I am a Muslim and I live in a Muslim country. There are many seasonal jobs available in here during Muslim festivals and holidays such as Eid ul Adha and Eid ul Fitr. Muslims distribute meat during Eid ul Adha and this is when workload increases on butchers. They tend to hire people during those times in case they need more people to work for them.

Here, people often do temporary job of acting as father Christmas.

They get to wear Santa Claus customes to entertain children in schools and event centers around.

Well I'd have utilized this opportunity as well but for the fact that my current job doesn't give me that luxury. I'd have taken it up like you said because I also have a lot of family I like to gift things too.

They get to wear Santa Claus customes to entertain children in schools and event centers around.
You are right , but people wearing Santa Claus custome are few because its limited to schools , churches and the key places , so everybody cannot be Santa Claus , but there are business like selling Christmas gift , foodstuffs , groceries which are very lucrative during Christmas .

Well I'd have utilized this opportunity as well but for the fact that my current job doesn't give me that luxury. I'd have taken it up like you said because I also have a lot of family I like to gift things too.

Some companies' workload increases during the end of the year and this is why they might require more people. This might also be one of the reasons why people get hired during the end of the year.

I do not see anything wrong in is taking a temporary job during the Christmas season especially if it is going to pay you well. A lot of people are in holidays and jobs are definitely going to be opening up.

This can be helpful for students that are in Christmas holidays to make some money before finally resuming back to school. There are alot of jobs you could find during that season.

I once worked a temporary job for a catering company, as they had loads of orders during the festive period, and the job was over as the festivities where over as well but I enjoyed myself on the job

I was once employed to take up a temporary job this Christmas in a store that was located near me because everybody has gone for holiday and they needed people to send christmas gifts across the country. The pay was very good.

The situation is so competitive here that even the temporary jobs are kind of saturated and it is difficult for us to be able to figure out what is in it for us .

There are many things to consider.

The situation is so competitive here that even the temporary jobs are kind of saturated and it is difficult for us to be able to figure out what is in it for us .

There are many things to consider.

This is due to the fact that there are so many people who tend to seek jobs. The market supply of many jobs is really scarce (including temporary jobs) as well.

yes, I have been employed to work as a contract staff in a food company before because it was a festive season and there were lots of orders to be completed to customers, it was really fun for me during that period, but sad thing is that, as soon as the tenure ends, we were all fired.

I myself have never been employed with a temporary Christmas job at all but I do know people that have and it would seem that from what I have heard, it is very rare if you are someone they keep on after Christmas even though that is a possibility and many companies do a last in first out policy as well after the festive season when they feel you will no longer be needed.

As much as it seems to be an unfair way of doing things it really does help many in a way if they are given the chance as a temporary worker love that period of time as even though it may only be a small amount of time, it's experience and that is something every company will be looking for when it comes to hiring.

That's a good idea, if it can fetch you a considerable amount of money I think it will be a good idea to give it a trial, I have never tried this though, but I believe is good.

I can remember I took that job about 2 years ago. The good thing about it is that you really do not have to do much apart from playing with children and distributing gifts. I performed well and I also got to work in another place. I made about $300 in all that time.

I have not worked any temporary jobs, but I know of people who do. One thing I do admire about such jobs is that they are usually less stressful and more fun than the typical 9-5 jobs.

I have not worked any temporary jobs, but I know of people who do. One thing I do admire about such jobs is that they are usually less stressful and more fun than the typical 9-5 jobs.

Majority of the temporary jobs are actually part-time jobs. These kinds of jobs are best for people who might be unemployed and who might not be getting the right kind of opportunity to work.

No, I've never had the opportunity of being employed on a temporary contract for a seasonal job. I normally just try to work harder on my online jobs during festive periods.

No, I've never had the opportunity of being employed on a temporary contract for a seasonal job. I normally just try to work harder on my online jobs during festive periods.

I have also noticed that majority of such kind of jobs do not have a written contract either. They might have had a verbal agreement with their employees or job applicants.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back