What's new

Challenging yourself vs pressurizing yourself

I like to challenge myself rather than putting pressure on myself. I challenge myself to do something and i focus and work towards it. There is nothing good in putting pressure on yourself stay calm and acheive your goals.

Our mind was designed to be challenged, not pressurized and that’s why you often suffer stress because of the intense pressure you’ve placed on your mind and body. Pressurizing yourself causes a big strain for you.
As for me I hate to put my mind on pressure and I don't think I could work in a place where the pressure will be too much for me, because I won't concentrate and I may lose control as well. So I thank God for the kind of job all doing currently now,it is less pressure although there are sometimes I got pressurized but I still try my best to keep calm.

Challenging yourself is good because it gives you room to learn with a zeal, seeing somebody doing better than you are and you want to do all it takes to do the best and be the best in a smart way.... While pressurizing yourself will damage you and drain you of your energy.... Be challenged but don't be pressurized

Personally, I have learned to work under pressure motivated by the position I hold and the functions that it entails. But even so I prefer challenges since I like them and do not affect me, I just plan my days to reach the goal. On the contrary, the pressure, although I control it, at the end of the day affects me mentally.

I think an individual should only set goals he knows he can accomplish with some extra push. If you set unrealistic goals, you will be pressuring yourself to achieve those goals even to the point of risking your physical and mental health.

This two are sometimes misunderstood, challenging yourself and pressurizing your self, don't mount unnecessary pressure on your self, challenging yourself means you want to grow at the meaningful pace not beyond your capacity

Our mind was designed to be challenged, not pressurized and that’s why you often suffer stress because of the intense pressure you’ve placed on your mind and body. Pressurizing yourself causes a big strain for you.
Well said!... You can not give what you do not have!.. People who confused challenging oneself to do better with stressing oneself are the ones who end with one live threatening disease or the other. This often happens due to misplacement of priorities and setting of unattainable goals and visions. Goals and visions are meant to act as a roadmap and destroy ones live!
Post automatically merged:

Well said!... You can not give what you do not have!.. People who confuse challenging oneself to do better with stressing oneself are the ones who end up with one live threatening disease or the other. This often happens due to misplacement of priorities and setting of unattainable goals and visions. Goals and visions are meant to act as a roadmap and not destroy ones live!

Because of the pressure of life we should not be pressurized. These are mere pressure to push us for success.
Quote of knowledge!
Ensure you don't have one stream of income! Ensure you make friends that are better than you mentally

You're totally right. Challenging yourself makes you better and increases your overall self esteem. It makes you grow but pressurizing yourself because of pressure from the media can make you shift focus and can harm you emotionally.

By taking challenging action, you're proving to yourself that you have the capacity, effort and discipline to overcome hurdles that others may deem insurmountable. You're teaching yourself through a feedback loop of achievement that you have the ability to accomplish your chief desires in life.

I think challenging yourself is more better than, pressuring your self, they are some how related, I tell you, but challenging oneself is something that a person should consider very well it helps in terms of investment and business, it's very important.

Challenging yourself too much can also mean pressurizing yourself. Challenging ourselves in business helps us to know our weaknesses and strength so also our limits. If we must challenge ourselves, we must know our limits so as not to turn to pressurizing as pressure is not good for our health and the business. Too much pressure brings about bad or poor business decisions.

Challange is a healthy form of giving a serious person a good target to acheive a set goal.Challange can be in the form of task that need to be accomplish and it will always keep one on his or her toes to accomplish what is the overall objective.But presure can cause some side health effect.

In reply to your question in the above post concerning either challenging yourself as an individual or pressuring yourself well, I would like to think that pressuring yourself just leads to strain and no gain while challenging is good for you

Remaining calm is something that you should learn to development at all times. Pressurizing yourself in work is not the best thing to do instead you should motivate yourseld.

By taking challenging action, you're proving to yourself that you have the capacity, effort and discipline to overcome hurdles that others may deem insurmountable. You're teaching yourself through a feedback loop of achievement that you have the ability to accomplish your chief desires in life.
It is my habit to challenge myself every time I have a project in my job. When I could do the creation of a computer program in 6 days then the next program should be faster. That is why my boss would give a timetable of 5 days and I would finish the job in 3 or 4 days at the most.

There is a very thin line between challenging yourself and just putting yourself under unnecessary pressure. Many people today fail to realize this, that they end up doing things under pressure hence getting the negative result than what they had expected.

Couldn't agree less, pressure has both physical and emotional imprint which is why it is important for individuals to be careful not to make a challenge pressure you and lead to health hazard.

It's almost impossible to feel not to be pressured, I guess it's in our nature. For some people they might feel challenged and like it but personally I'm pressured. I know it's not good but it's how I feel.

It better for one to challenge himself into doing or achieving something than to pressurize yourself into doing something. The aftermath effect of both actions are far different and apart

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back