What's new

Challenging yourself vs pressurizing yourself

While there is a thin line between challenging yourself and pressuring yourself, you have to learn to distinguish between the two because they're very different. In challenging yourself, you are striving to improve on what you are while in pressuring yourself, you are challenging yourself negatively which can have an adverse effect on your health.

Our mind was designed to be challenged, not pressurized and that’s why you often suffer stress because of the intense pressure you’ve placed on your mind and body. Pressurizing yourself causes a big strain for you.
Every soul needs factors that will trigger it to work judiciously. Pressurizing yourself isn't a motivating factor anyway. They pull you down and may make you suffer from identity loss.

How many times have you learned about a new project starting at work or a new business opportunity forming and no matter how satisfied or not you are in your work, personal life, and/or a combo of those things, think to yourself, “Man! I’d like to be doing that!”

As a society we have have never had as many options as we do — in work and beyond — as we do today. And in turn, choosing how to allocate our time has never been more difficult.

But it doesn't have to be.

People often mistake one for the other, challenging and presurizing oneself is totally different challenging yourself is trying to bring out the better version of yourself, trying to be better than you were at the start. While pressue involves force, pushing yourself to the extreme, setting unrealistic goals. Pressure is bad, it leads to breakdowns.

I would rather challenge myself than putting pressure on my self. When you challenge yourself you give yourself push to do some certain things which will yield results. But pressure can make one make irrational decisions which can be very hateful and have bad results.

Challenges in life can be like maths problem, even when you find it difficult to solve some maths problems or challenges ,when you eventually do you will feel so good about yourself. That's how life is. What does not kill only makes you stronger

Pressuring yourself to meet up with peoples expectations can cause disaster to oneself. Naturally you can be challenged or challenge but that does not mean you should over stress yourself to get what the other person got. Life is step by step and passing boundaries won't change a thing

I think pressurising yourself is not the best option because if you are pressurising yourself you are forcing yourself to do something against your own will but if you're challenging yourself that means you have passion for that thing and you are so short to achieve that thing that is why you challenge yourself to achieve it.

According to my own point of view, I believe challenging yourself is setting a goal for yourself but pleasuring yourself it's like going through stress just because you want to achieve your goal pleasuring yourself is very bad but challenging yourself is normal

Putting too much pressure on yourself only adds stress to your life, which can easily lead to a nervous breakdown if you continue to see yourself in a negative light.. Challenging oneself is beneficial to mental health, it helps to improve in character and abilities

Our mind was designed to be challenged, not pressurized and that’s why you often suffer stress because of the intense pressure you’ve placed on your mind and body. Pressurizing yourself causes a big strain for you.
I agree. We should not pressure ourselves in any aspect of our lives, instead we should challenge ourselves to improve and balance it out with (if sometimes delayed) rewards so we have something new to look forward to.

When challenging yourself you strive to improve and do better in your endeavors using your preferred strategies but pressuring yourself can lead you to take quick decisions that can affect you negatively in the nearest future and that pressure can lead to health problems.

Well I think everybody challenges themselves one way or another, the distinction between pressure and challenging yourself is very different, I think a lot of people mix it up unknowingly. Well I guess everybody is different.

Challenging yourself is the best thing.as it keeps you motivate everytime.. you know how to fullfil your challenges.on the otherhand . pressure is a negative thing ..it will make you unhappy and unhealthy.. you can't meet the demands of your work due to your pressure ..

There is a thin line between pressuring your self and challenging your self. Challenging your self is tell your self I can do this and tell your self there's is nothing I can't do if I put my mind into it. While pressuring your self has to do with jealousy in some cases, you see someone doing something and it's working and you will go to any length to do what she did to pass her or him.
Post automatically merged:

There is a thin line between pressuring your self and challenging your self. Challenging your self is tell your self I can do this and tell your self there's is nothing I can't do if I put my mind into it. While pressuring your self has to do with jealousy in some cases, you see someone doing something and it's working and you will go to any length to do what she did to pass her or him.

As a human being, we are to challenge ourselves to achieving a certain height or level. The human mind receives more reason to perform when being challenged but that same mind could die under pressure and might not find a tangible backing for taking some steps. Challenging would yield better results than pressurising

It's very bad to stress your mind, it will make you weak internally and emotionally
And I think you're very right because most people pressure their mind instead of challenges it
I have learnt a lot from this your message, thank you.

In my own view i think challenging yourself is very different to pressurizing yourself because challenging yourself is like you motivating yourself to do more, if you feel you are not contented with yourself then you can challenge yourself. Moreso pressurizing yourself is more like you putting more pressure on yourself.

I particularly like this topic. In reality, theres a thin line between challenging yourself and pressurising yourself. I think challenging yourself is self motivated and is ti become better in your business, personal life or career wise. However, pressurising comes from comparing yourself to a person or business and trying to compete to meet up to the level of that person or business. Challenging oneself has to do with positive energy while the other tends towards negative energt

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back