What's new

Being an expert in the field, as manager?

Actually been an expert in your field is an additional advantage to your work but I believe it's not mandatory because alot of people or business entrepreneur who are successful today are not expert befor they start but as they do they become one.
Yes, it is important and necessary for you to be an expert in the area you work on before you become a manager. The reason is because it is important for a business manager to lead by example. If you don't have enough knowledge of what you're doing there is no way you can be to set examples for the workers to follow.
Actually it's good and necessary to some extent but it's not mandatory to be because I know no one is 100% perfect and there are certain things that we learn everyday so just try your best and you will learn with time.

Yes, it is important and necessary for you to be an expert in the area you work on before you become a manager. The reason is because it is important for a business manager to lead by example. If you don't have enough knowledge of what you're doing there is no way you can be to set examples for the workers to follow.

i think that when it comes to being a manager, experience matters a lot. Being a manager is not that easy at all. There are different kinds of managers with different personalities and managerial skills.

i think that when it comes to being a manager, experience matters a lot. Being a manager is not that easy at all. There are different kinds of managers with different personalities and managerial skills.
managing any business venture comes with a lot of challenges and that is why it is important for you to be very much experience. Business people always consider experience before making people managers.

You are going to be taking critical decisions as regard to the business and as such you are not going to be succeeding if you do not know some critical things about the business up to an expert level.
One does not necessarily have to be an expert before getting to assume managerial roles.

They have to also be able to show that they have got some experience and it's worth it.

You are actually going to struggle a lot to make an impact as a manager in a particular field that you do not have more than average knowledge about because you are going to face a lot of competition.

Some experience is needed.

You do not just go ahead to become a manager before being able to handle a business.

You need to be an expert to make things work.

Well before you become manager in a business it's highly expected that you are well ready for the task both physically and mentally fit to do the jobs. in terms of academics and qualifications, you are supposed to be good in the field.

usually most jobs require you to become an expert before making you a leader, most especially a manager, but i do not personally subscribe to that school of thought as i believe people can learn on the job.

Oftentimes they prefer hone their own skills than managing others. Whenever you see traditional titles like professor, chief architect, field marshal or anything else pompous you can expect the person to be an expert. Nowadays, you get the ‘new’ titles such as ninja or guru to denote an expert.

Oftentimes they prefer hone their own skills than managing others. Whenever you see traditional titles like professor, chief architect, field marshal or anything else pompous you can expect the person to be an expert. Nowadays, you get the ‘new’ titles such as ninja or guru to denote an expert.
You are really funny with your expression but you will still need to be skilled in whatever you want to indulge in.
This is paramount for the success of any business owner or manager.

That's very true, but in business there's nothing like perfection, when you made a mistake you improve, you have to be perfect before you can succeed. People that claims to be perfect don't even succeed.
That is the true. No one is perfect. And that's why I maintained that a manager should not have much knowledge about a particular field before becoming manager. The major work of manager is to manage people and company's resources.

One thing i have come to discover in the discharge of our duties is that what will eventually make one to be competent and gain experience is the routine engagement he puts into doing his role and job.

Being a manager can call for a person who is really committed to their profession.
Additionally, one needs to receive training in order to develop the necessary skills and knowledge for managing managerial responsibilities.

Being a manager can call for a person who is really committed to their profession.
Additionally, one needs to receive training in order to develop the necessary skills and knowledge for managing managerial responsibilities.
When you are committed to work and execute task given to you diligently, you will achieve more success and that is a very paramount and the most important thing.

That is the true. No one is perfect. And that's why I maintained that a manager should not have much knowledge about a particular field before becoming manager. The major work of manager is to manage people and company's resources.
That's completely true, if you are manager I believe the best thing you can do is to motivate your workers, that what most worker like, if you are good at doing that you'll definitely have the best results.

As a manager you are supposed to be very analytical in the things in which you are doing so that you are going to ensure that your business is making the right decisions because some decisions can take your progress backward.

One doesn't necessarily need to be an expert before being a manager in a field. Once you have an idea and knowledge in the field , you can start up by employing experts. Just be sure to know how to manage business generally.

Actually I dont really think you have to be an expert before you can start but you can start to be an expert. no body is above mistakes and correction you can be what you want when you engaged yourself.

In my opinion, once one is experienced and very good at his or her field of work, one can qualify to be a manager. One doesn't have to become an expert in other to be a manager.

In my opinion, once one is experienced and very good at his or her field of work, one can qualify to be a manager. One doesn't have to become an expert in other to be a manager.
You can only have experience in your field if you are skilled and that is why it is necessary to acquire the necessary skills.
This will let you perform well in the managerial position.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back