What's new

Being an expert in the field, as manager?

Joshua Farrell

Stargate SG1 Fan
Staff member
Administrative Team
Valued Contributor
VIP Member
5000+ Posts Club
Jul 20, 2016
USD
$2.4675USD
Biznotes
Do you think that you should be an expert in the field that you work in, in order to be a manager? If not, do you believe that you should atleast have some working knowledge to be able to manage people in that area of work?

Have you ever considered advertising here in my signature? This Text Ad Location and the above Graphic Ad Location is available to advertise in.
It does not necessarily mean that you should be an expert but if you have the knowledge that is needed in that area , then it will be an added advantage for you to be able to manage the business properly.

In order for you to hold a managerial post in an organisation, you must actually have one or two experience and some knowledge concerning the area you are to be heading so that your work will be succesful.

I don't know , but I believe there are some people that may start up a business without really understanding much about the business , but they just have a normal idea of the business . They can employ professionals into the business . Personally I do not see it is the best , you must have a certain understanding on what you are dealing on.

Well, yes but it also depends.

Being a manager is mainly about managing a team. Even if you are not an expert on the company, brand, or product... you being able to manage a team is more important. At least to me.

I think in order to reduce conflict on the working place, the manager should an expert in the field in order to even understand things better, so he can even train others to become like him or even more than him.

Been a experts in any field you find yourself is very good because it will really help the person to manage the business very well, and it can also help the business to be growing very faster.

No. You don't need to be an expert in your field before you become a manager. A manager job is to overseer the company and ensure that everything is going well in the company. What is needed from the manager is he management skills.

Last edited:
To become an expert in any business is one of the most important factor which anyone need to think of because if you are an expert then I beleive you can discharge your work with ease and handle the audience that is been involve

Yeah, you don't need to be and experts before you can succeed, but you should have at least the knowledge, this will seriously help but I don't think you need to be expert.

It does not necessarily mean that you should be an expert but if you have the knowledge that is needed in that area , then it will be an added advantage for you to be able to manage the business properly.
There is one notion that most persons usually get when it comes to the isssue of performance especially on a task,the person that has gained competence and is proficient at what he does is a functon of dedication and commitment,you learn as you do the job.

Yeah, you don't need to be and experts before you can succeed, but you should have at least the knowledge, this will seriously help but I don't think you need to be expert.
I don't really agree with what you're saying. The level of skill and expertise that you have will determine the level of your success in any business.

To become an expert in any business is one of the most important factor which anyone need to think of because if you are an expert then I beleive you can discharge your work with ease and handle the audience that is been involve
It is good to always understand whatever you're doing very well and if you do , you will be regarded as being an expert . If you are an expert, task will not be challenging at all.

Some level of expertise might be needed for you to have a very good success, because anything you are engaged in and you're not expert in it , you will always fail at some point.

Some level of expertise might be needed for you to have a very good success, because anything you are engaged in and you're not expert in it , you will always fail at some point.
That's it, nobody in this life is perfect, we all have our weakness, as a matter of fact you don't need to be perfect in other to succeed, all you need is a good skills that will earn you income.

That's it, nobody in this life is perfect, we all have our weakness, as a matter of fact you don't need to be perfect in other to succeed, all you need is a good skills that will earn you income.
There is difference between perfection and getting the needed knowledge around what you doing. if you are not competent, it means you do not have enough knowledge in whatever you find yourself doing. To some extent, you need some level of expertise to succeed.

Well no one is 100% an expert in any field we only try our best in performing our duty but we can't be perfect. it's not necessary to be an expert but try to have some knowledge about it.

Well no one is 100% an expert in any field we only try our best in performing our duty but we can't be perfect. it's not necessary to be an expert but try to have some knowledge about it.
Yes, none is actually expert in any field. Some are better than others, but no one is an expert. Like you said, we're only trying out best. However, in anything we're doing, it's important to do quality job.

You are going to be taking critical decisions as regard to the business and as such you are not going to be succeeding if you do not know some critical things about the business up to an expert level.

There is difference between perfection and getting the needed knowledge around what you doing. if you are not competent, it means you do not have enough knowledge in whatever you find yourself doing. To some extent, you need some level of expertise to succeed.
That's very true, but in business there's nothing like perfection, when you made a mistake you improve, you have to be perfect before you can succeed. People that claims to be perfect don't even succeed.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back