What's new

Are bots a good way to develop traffic for a new blog?

BrolySSJ

The Legendary Super Saiyan
5000+ Posts Club
Dec 23, 2020
USD
$-0.1000USD
Biznotes
There are many different ways that you can try and up the number of people that are visiting your website and this is the natural way and the fake way in my opinion, with natural being real people that are viewing the site and then there are bots that can do so as well. Do you think that it is advisable to use bots to up the traffic, in order to try and show that there are a lot of visitors and hopefully that will create an element of trust with new users that will bring in more people as well? Is this a viable strategy?

Bot traffic is non-human traffic to a website. While some bot traffic is beneficial, it can also be troublesome. The term bot traffic often carries a negative connotation, but in fact, it is neither good nor bad. It all depends on the purpose of the bots.

I find it to be hit or miss. I have used it a few times and sadly, it didn't amount to much of an improvement for me. I guess it depends. If you do it too much though it can negatively affect your site's organic growth.

I find it to be hit or miss. I have used it a few times and sadly, it didn't amount to much of an improvement for me. I guess it depends. If you do it too much though it can negatively affect your site's organic growth.
That is a good point and if people are able to see who is visiting your site then it could call into question about it as well, such as here you can see members and bots that are online.

That is a good point and if people are able to see who is visiting your site then it could call into question about it as well, such as here you can see members and bots that are online.
Yeah on a forum it is WAY more noticeable. A big influx of bots will be a red flag for any new member looking to join. It just doesn't look right. On blogs and other sites, you won't be able to tell as a visitor so easily.

Yeah on a forum it is WAY more noticeable. A big influx of bots will be a red flag for any new member looking to join. It just doesn't look right. On blogs and other sites, you won't be able to tell as a visitor so easily.
There are certain websites that you are not able to actually tell if it is a robot that is generating the traffic or if it is a legitimate person however I think that if you do see robots which is generally a major red flag and therefore a lot of people tend to stay away from those sort of websites.

There are certain websites that you are not able to actually tell if it is a robot that is generating the traffic or if it is a legitimate person however I think that if you do see robots which is generally a major red flag and therefore a lot of people tend to stay away from those sort of websites.
I was on a forum who's owner was doing this. He was allowing bots to sign up as well and just blocking their ability to use the forum so at any given time, it would look like 15+ people were on but 80% of them were bots.

If you are selling your blog for later than bot is good as it shows numbers but if you want to develop for longer term than it is useless traffic as it doesn't gives you any value.

If you are able to actually see that there's so many robots that are active on a specific website at any given point then it shows that the owner is not very comfortable or cable of organically marketing the website however if you look at forums such as this one and perhaps bizdustry this grew in a very natural way and as a result being members are continuously active because they know the reputation.

If you are able to actually see that there's so many robots that are active on a specific website at any given point then it shows that the owner is not very comfortable or cable of organically marketing the website however if you look at forums such as this one and perhaps bizdustry this grew in a very natural way and as a result being members are continuously active because they know the reputation.
Yeah I don't get why people do this. I think it is better to have a handful of people who are actually active vs a list of "hidden bots" on your forum doing nothing. It just seems silly. In most cases as well, you can't exactly hide the fact that they are bots from the general public anyway.

Yeah I don't get why people do this. I think it is better to have a handful of people who are actually active vs a list of "hidden bots" on your forum doing nothing. It just seems silly. In most cases as well, you can't exactly hide the fact that they are bots from the general public anyway.
That is my opinion as well however if you are using a bot in the beginning then those that are new to the site might think that it has a lot of active people and this will help with the impression of the site.

That is my opinion as well however if you are using a bot in the beginning then those that are new to the site might think that it has a lot of active people and this will help with the impression of the site.
Well yeah, that is why they do it. I get why someone would but you will quickly notice that no one is being active and the "members" have no activity.

Well yeah, that is why they do it. I get why someone would but you will quickly notice that no one is being active and the "members" have no activity.
I do agree with you. Hopefully it can be beneficial in the long run. The one thing that i like more than bots is the posting packages that are offered because they will be able to drive organic traffic.

Bots can never be used for generating revenue. I think that many people think that they could increase the ranking of the website on search engines by using bots. However, this matter is also quite controversial.

Bots can never be used for generating revenue. I think that many people think that they could increase the ranking of the website on search engines by using bots. However, this matter is also quite controversial.
Anyone who is using bot on his website is risking a lot of things because he can get banned by Google that means there is no way you can be able to monetize the website through Google adsense. It is better to build your traffic with humans and you will reap the benefits on the long run.

i would not recommend you use bot traffic at all, except you don't intend to apply for the google adsense program and you are have other reasons of doing that.
on the long run, bot traffic is not helpful at all because it does not help in bringing the needed conversion for your site.

Bot is a good way to generate traffic. It may have repercussions on the site in the future especially when applying for Google adsense and others. Natural traffic is the best. Increase your website value and with time, people will be coming to it.

Anyone who is using bot on his website is risking a lot of things because he can get banned by Google that means there is no way you can be able to monetize the website through Google adsense. It is better to build your traffic with humans and you will reap the benefits on the long run.

There is not even a single ad network that tends to accept bot traffic. However, there might be a few ad networks and URL shorteners that might accept traffic from PTC sites. However, in such a case, you must first contact the admin of the URL shortener and ask him if they accept such kind of traffic or not.

There is not even a single ad network that tends to accept bot traffic. However, there might be a few ad networks and URL shorteners that might accept traffic from PTC sites. However, in such a case, you must first contact the admin of the URL shortener and ask him if they accept such kind of traffic or not.
Yes, it is important and necessary that you contact the admin so that you will not have problem at the end of everything. There are people who use traffic exchange platforms but at the end of the day their account will get banned.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back