What's new

After pension, should you still work for money?

You can't get tired of making money, I think you can have a passive income stream from an investment, you don't need to stress or go to work often.

You can't get tired of making money, I think you can have a passive income stream from an investment, you don't need to stress or go to work often.
My father retired at age 83. Hist last job was a security guard in the bank in California. He could still work at that age but he had to come home to our country with my sick mother. I saw the strength in my father because of his occupation. Some 70-year old guys here look older than my father because they are idle.

If the individual is still very active,then there is nothing stoping him from still looking for money,He can still engage himself in a venture that is not that rigurous in nature and energy consuming.Staying put at home or doing nothing might put him in a serious health challange if he is not being engaged mentally.

My father retired at age 83. Hist last job was as a security guard the in bank in California. He could still work at that age but he had to come home to our country with my sick mother. I saw the strength in my father because of his occupation. Some 70-year old guys here look older than my father because they are idle.
I understand your point completely, a lot of people don't like to be idle even when they grow old. The good mentality to have, however their capacity to do the job effectively isn't the same anymore.

A man must work till he dies , if you don't work retiring , you will spend all your retirement benefit within a year or two, even you might just invest what you have on shares , stocks and other business because of old age.

During retirement time, when is expected to have maximum relaxation after so many years of dedication to serve his country. But it doesn't mean the retiree won't look for money. At least the investment he or she made earlier and the home business he or she manages will still bring income.

Most of the time as a retired worker who once earned fixed salary. It becomes deficult because you have to focus on managing a pension when that comes. Most times it is important or necessary to create your own business.
Some people actually become miserable because they relied on pension which turns out to be scam or not enough, it's better to have a running business before retirement.

After pension one can still work for money if he or she wants to. Most people still do less stressful job after retirement.

Of course, you can still work for money after retirement only that it's advisable you don't do a job that is tedious. The idea is to work for money while you rest.

Pension isn't what you can use to invest. It's a very small amount of money for feeding and a little of entertainment. It's not an amount huge enough to start business. So , I don't really understand the thread, Or you mean to say gratuity?

Pensioners usually do not get enough money in developing country and this makes a lot of them to go back to farming to sustain themselves.

At least farming is a home based job, you don't need to work to and from like before if you're a retired civil servant. Here in Nigeria, retirees aren't settled well, that's why they ought to engage in other stuffs to earn money.

I concur. I also wanted to make it clear that i did not suggest sitting down at home too infact I think sitting down at home is more risky the taking up a new responsibility I just wanted to point out that after retirement rest is really important as body cells have started depreciating
This depend on the individual or the retiring whether to work for money or not after he or she has retired from work but most people do not want to stress themselves so they just relax and spend their pension money.

At least farming is a home based job, you don't need to work to and from like before if you're a retired civil servant. Here in Nigeria, retirees aren't settled well, that's why they ought to engage in other stuffs to earn money.
I believe it is a really disturbing thing for them as some of them did not prepare very well for their retirement days and are finding it hard to cope.

I don't think you should have to work once you've retired. People generally work themselves too hard anyway and there comes a point where you should stop and look at resting and enjoying what life you have left.

Since we all need money to survive day-to-day in this life and in this country I will say yes you should still work even after pension you should still look for money because it is very vital for us to survive

I think since you are physically fit, going for an investment is much more better than depending only on pension because investing makes you gain more money that if you are depending only on pension that some time you will not see the pension alert.
Post automatically merged:

I think since you are physically fit, going for an investment is much more better than depending only on pension because investing makes you gain more money that if you are depending only on pension that some time you will not see the pension alert.

I believe it is a really disturbing thing for them as some of them did not prepare very well for their retirement days and are finding it hard to cope.
Very demoralizing indeed. Most of them didn't plan it and they saw it in the wrong way. That is lesson for us not yet retired to always look for alternative before waiting for the low pension stipend to make a better living during retirement.

Very demoralizing indeed. Most of them didn't plan it and they saw it in the wrong way. That is lesson for us not yet retired to always look for alternative before waiting for the low pension stipend to make a better living during retirement.
In developed countries, they have a scheme that makes it possible for youths to start investing in their pension at a very young age to solve this challenge.

You are right. We want to make money at all time but at some point we won't have have the strength to make money again. After retirement, you can only work for some years before you finally retired.

Newest Directory Listings

AjayJunkies
Forums
Clicks
Views
Admin-Junkies.com is a free Admin, SEO, & Webmaster Community!
Here are some video (guidelines) on how to make money online without investing a dime
Back