What's new

Would you still work online if cell phones had no Internet access?

Melanie M

Paragon Member
1000 Posts Club
Jun 23, 2021
USD
$0.9200USD
Biznotes
Would you purchase a PC, tablet, or laptop so you could continue working online?
Would you say you use your cell phone more than any other device to do your online jobs?

📱 💬 💻

I use my cell phone more than my other devices to work online. It helps to work where ever I am or go to, I will definitely still work online even if cell phones don't have internet access.

I use my cell phone more than my other devices to work online. It helps to work where ever I am or go to, I will definitely still work online even if cell phones don't have internet access.
Same here. I use my cell more than any other device to work online, except for the big transcription jobs. The short clips can be done using my cell phone, but I still prefer PC for any audio/typing work.

I think it's good to not have your phone on at work anyway. Most jobs I'm aware of, don't allow you to use your phones while working. I think you can do so while on break, but during work hours maybe not. I know you could have bottled water by your desk when I worked at a call center. But, we also weren't allowed to have our phones on.

I think it's good to not have your phone on at work anyway. Most jobs I'm aware of, don't allow you to use your phones while working. I think you can do so while on break, but during work hours maybe not. I know you could have bottled water by your desk when I worked at a call center. But, we also weren't allowed to have our phones on.
@Grant But what if your work was exclusively online, and cell phones had no Internet.. and you always used your cell to do the online job(s) ..
Would you just give up or would you purchase a laptop or PC to continue your online employment

I still often work usng PC or laptop to trading in forex market using FXOpen broker, despite I have smartphone, however still prefer use laptop to work, more comfortable

I still often work usng PC or laptop to trading in forex market using FXOpen broker, despite I have smartphone, however still prefer use laptop to work, more comfortable

I may not be able to work at all if internet service stops working. This is because I work as a freelancer. Being a freelancer, it is very important for me to have access to the internet under all circumstances. No internet, no earnings!

I may not be able to work at all if internet service stops working. This is because I work as a freelancer. Being a freelancer, it is very important for me to have access to the internet under all circumstances. No internet, no earnings!
I hear ya! Would you say you use your cell phone to do most of your freelancing, or do you work more on a laptop or tablet?
I use my cell phone for all online jobs except the lengthy transcription files.
But WFH job searches, posting jobs, advertising, etc. can all be done (easily) from my cell.
🙂

Would you purchase a PC, tablet, or laptop so you could continue working online?
Would you say you use your cell phone more than any other device to do your online jobs?

📱 💬 💻

Personally I don't have any problem with working with my laptop or PC because it is something that I have been used to doing for so many years. It's just that making use of smartphone has become a portable way of working online.

I work on a laptop, if my cellphone is not connected to internet, I have no problem working online, all I need is internet-connected laptop. I use cell phones to access communication apps like telegram, Slack, Gmail etc. But even if I did not have internet on my phone, I would be still using these apps on my laptop. Working online through a phone is not my thing, I need a computer.

Personally I don't have any problem with working with my laptop or PC because it is something that I have been used to doing for so many years. It's just that making use of smartphone has become a portable way of working online.
That's a good way to put it - a portable way of working online.
I remember back in the mid to late 2000's, when lots of people still had the big PC's with monitors and all the extra attachments. The only portable way to work online would be to use a college or library's computers.

🏫 📚 🖥️

As much as I do use my mobile for some work that I do online, the majority of work that I do online is usually done through my PC or my laptop when that was working.

If internet access was lost on mobile phones I would still be able to work online using say my PC so it would not be such an issue for me.

As much as I do use my mobile for some work that I do online, the majority of work that I do online is usually done through my PC or my laptop when that was working.

If internet access was lost on mobile phones I would still be able to work online using say my PC so it would not be such an issue for me.
That's right.
And remember back in the old days when cell phones were just cell phones (no Internet yet) - working online and working from home were synonymous.
Unless you chose to do the work from another location, using their computers. Many libraries had this option. But there was always a time limit! Haha 🙄😄
Thanks @Shortie

I remember back in the mid to late 2000's, when lots of people still had the big PC's with monitors and all the extra attachments. The only portable way to work online would be to use a college or library's computers.

🏫 📚 🖥️

You are very correct with that assessment and I actually did a lot of that as well with my friends whom we all go to the library. Also, I made use of cybercafé as well. It's one my favourite places to work online and surf the internet...in the days of yahoo messenger.

🏫 📚 🖥️

During the early 2000s, in many countries, very few people had computers. Some people like me had computers. We even had a dial-up internet connection at that time! We used to purchase cards in order to use internet because those cards had username and passwords that enabled people to access internet using a dial-up connection. I loved those days! I had a Pentium II PC at my home at that time

During the early 2000s, in many countries, very few people had computers. Some people like me had computers. We even had a dial-up internet connection at that time! We used to purchase cards in order to use internet because those cards had username and passwords that enabled people to access internet using a dial-up connection. I loved those days! I had a Pentium II PC at my home at that time
Remember good old AOL email where everything would go on pause if a landline phone call was coming in.
😂
You've got mail. 💌
Wait, not yet. 📞 is ringing.

Remember good old AOL email where everything would go on pause if a landline phone call was coming in.
😂
You've got mail. 💌
Wait, not yet. 📞 is ringing.

Yes, i remember that AOL Mail. However, I have never used it. The computers in those times were quite different. I used Windows 98 in my PC. it was a really different experience. The graphics were also quite diffeent and the interface of those computers were really different.

Yes absolutely, working online needs internet connection for sure. Sometimes become a problem when internet speed down for forex trading this is very annoying, when the connection is down, I prefer to closed the FXOpen chart and do something else

Well, look, 2 weeks ago I had a problem on my main computer and it stopped working, I took it immediately to repair since I needed it to work online, and on the mobile I am not able to do almost anything and it is very frustrating, while the repair was carried out, just in case I was looking for other PCs to buy in case I had to replace it, fortunately they fixed my PC, for a very decent cost, it was 30€ ($33 more or less)

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back