What's new

Will internet be free someday?

I cannot imagine how the internet will ever be free someday. There are people who are controlling that and I don't think that they will want to let it go. For example, the mobile operators in most countries have made good business out of providing data bundles to access the internet.

Concerning your question on if i think the internet will ever be free for users to access, I think not, I think it can never be free because internet service providers earn a living from this medium and it is owned by private companies and not government

The possibility is very high but even at that not everyone still gets the fundamentals human right, some people still buy their right so it is possible that even we it's considered as right it still going to be sought for.

it can never be free becaus it establishment is for the purpose of gaining income so if it diverts from it purpose then it may fall.

Too much revenue is generated from the internet. The government cannot afford to lose such amount of revenue hence it will be almost impossible for government to make internet free.

Internet may really end up been free one day. From the development which we have seen overtime especially through the 20th and 21th century, it is very possible that it will happen one day. Free internet will be fun.

It is very possible that some day internet might be free this is because back in those days we always watch TV and some people believe that TV will never be free but right now everyone look forward to the internet.

I doubt if it will be free ,because those who makes the internet available needs money to continue providing the service they are providing ,so am not sure if it will be free or not

The internet cannot be free presently and also in the future. You see the bandwidth we have been using for internet services they don't come cheap at all. They cost a lot of money

Well, not to be pessimistic, but from my point of view, it will never be entirely free.
Think about when the most important things of primary necessity such as: food, medicines, home, etc., now we always have to pay!
Shouldn't those at least be free if we lived in a different society?
Therefore ...

The internet is quite becoming my third home this days. After my offline home, my offline gig, the next home for me is online. If it becomes free to access internet it will be very useful for all.

I hope so, I even saw a documentary once saying internet might be free someday, but for now there's sti a wide gap between what third world countries pay and what developed countries pay for internet connection.

Nothing is impossible. The initiative governments would use to bring this to pass would be via taxing citizens so that they should be enjoying free access to the internet.

Our government has a project of free wifi all over our country. The official who is handling the project said that they have rolled out 10% of the wifi hot spots. That is free internet although it is only a government wifi that I don't think would be fast enough to handle a conference. But the public can avail of that wifi for basic internet use.

Can The Internet Have No Cost? As long as there is a cost to running hardware, the Internet will not be free of charge. ... At this moment in history, there is no conceivable way for free Internet to exist universally, but there are many places where that is a reality and people are going online.

As technology keeps evolving we can't rule out the possibility of free internet in the future. Internet has now become part of our lives that we cannot do without on a daily basis. Who would have thought that there would be mobile phones in 1960s now, here we are. Free internet is possible in the future.

I think that governments do their bests to control us using internet , I don't trust about what's shared in mass media I think goverments allowed only what's on their favors .

From my own understanding, the internet can never be free unless you are talking about the government or an organization paying for a wifi service for a whole country or something like that

It is very impossible for internet to be free because it is widely used and engaged by many people and at a different time and different geographical location, majority of the social activities and also academic activities are being carried out using internet to ease the working load daily,so I don't think it will be free someday.

Airing out from my point of view, i personally feel it will be free some day,telecommunications institutions will still be getting profits from airtime credits.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back