What's new

Why is unemployment rate so high?

Unemployment rates will continue to be so very high becausost of government do not have plans for the future of the up and coming generations of teens and adults. The situation is even getting worse for third world countries

Exactly, in most cases, the school does not really give you the required knowledge and skill to be successful in the labour market, so you can't rely on just what you get from school
I'm glad we can both agree that the things graduate learn in school is not what is necessarily needed in the labor market that is why anyone who wishes to be successful in the labor market should be ready to learn more.

The reason why the rate of employment is very high is because of entitlement mentality that a lot of graduate have that the government owe them work.

I'm glad we can both agree that the things graduate learn in school is not what is necessarily needed in the labor market that is why anyone who wishes to be successful in the labor market should be ready to learn more.
True words, like what a speaker said during one seminar I went too, he said there is never an end to learning. Where ever you stop, there is always someone who has passed that level, so always strive to learn more.

The reason why the rate of employment is very high is because of entitlement mentality that a lot of graduate have that the government owe them work.
Indeed this is true ,however to an extent government should endeavor to work towards providing favourable labour market for it's citizens and for start ups .

Hmm, deep words you have just spoken there and I hope that this information be driven to people that really need it, although the government isn't really helping but graduates feel like the government owes it to them when they can do better.

When it comes to the situation of things in my country there is always a very high rate of unemployment because our government is never looking at creating more employment opportunities for citizens.

Why is unemployment rate so high?

In recent years, economics of work have changed. The New Economy is an economy based on abundance, not scarcity. Millions of jobs are up for grab on daily basis. Everything is now online. Everything has changed; many own an online business with no physical office, some work for multinational companies at the comfort of their homes as a content creator, copywriter, deal expert and many more. Pick your battle wisely.

It is important to Invest in your knowledge, and most importantly, You shouldn’t be at home unemployed.

What’s your view on unemployment rate and the way forward?
Over here there are job openings everywhere but our pres is still giving out unemployment checks indefinitely ? and stimmy checks so why would people work besides around $ 350 for each child. So it isn't really unemployment it's more like unmotivation.

Unemployment is so high because thee are so many people chasing after fewer job opportunity. Also there are so many unemployable job seekers out there because they don't have the requisite skills to fit in.

The unemployment rate is so high because the government fails to empower or support the youths and people are still willing and able to work in establishing their businesses.

The unemployment rate is so high because the government fails to empower or support the youths and people are still willing and able to work in establishing their businesses.
It is possible that the unemployment rate in Nigeria will continue to be high because the government is not doing anything to support the citizen of her country,they don't even care for the graduate.

It is possible that the unemployment rate in Nigeria will continue to be high because the government is not doing anything to support the citizen of her country,they don't even care for the graduate.
I have given up in the Nigerian government long ago. Even if they finally create new jobs, the corruption is so high to the point that they already have their persons who they plan on giving the jobs to. People that are not even qualified for that position.

I have given up in the Nigerian government long ago. Even if they finally create new jobs, the corruption is so high to the point that they already have their persons who they plan on giving the jobs to. People that are not even qualified for that position.
Yes godfatherism is taking over the Nigerian system and if you do not have someone in a better place in the governor, you are not likely to benefit from anything from the government.

Yes godfatherism is taking over the Nigerian system and if you do not have someone in a better place in the governor, you are not likely to benefit from anything from the government.
It's best one should just go and learn some hand skills and stop relying on the government because honestly they don't have our interest at heart.

One thing governments can do to help people in being employed is to make the environment conducive enough. I should be able to learn a skill and make a living with it but what happens when I am hindered by erratic power supply, very high rent and bad roads?

That is the reason why I always advice those who are still in school to learn something before they graduate or immediately after graduating from school, so as to be able to takes care of their financial needs.

It's best one should just go and learn some hand skills and stop relying on the government because honestly they don't have our interest at heart.
Yes it is better for you to learn The type of skill that are on high demand in your location, even with this you can still get a degree because it is very important as they can help you work if there is any available work.

Exactly my point too, we are having more graduates almost every day in life and government does not care to create job opportunities and the little job out there has been taken,
Unemployment rates will continue to be so very high becausost of government do not have plans for the future of the up and coming generations of teens and adults. The situation is even getting worse for third world countries

Yes it is better for you to learn The type of skill that are on high demand in your location, even with this you can still get a degree because it is very important as they can help you work if there is any available work.
Exactly, just take some time out and make a research of the services that are on demand in your location then gain some knowledge on them, you are good to go

Exactly, just take some time out and make a research of the services that are on demand in your location then gain some knowledge on them, you are good to go
That is what a lot of people are doing to earn a living ,most people go into freelancing and maybe cryptocurrency trading so that they can have an opportunity to make money in dollars since the Nigerian money is depreciating

Newest Directory Listings

smmgoal
Forums
Clicks
Views
Esimbuy.org is an innovative online platform that specializes in e-SIM products and services. As e-SIM technology continues to gain popularity for its flexibility and convenience, Esimbuy.org provides users with easy access to this modern solution
Nebulous
Forums
Clicks
Views
Off Topix is the best general discussion community around!
Back