What's new

Why is unemployment rate so high?

That is what a lot of people are doing to earn a living ,most people go into freelancing and maybe cryptocurrency trading so that they can have an opportunity to make money in dollars since the Nigerian money is depreciating
Even the Nigerian government themselves know they don't really have anything to offer, I saw a news recently, where the Nigerian government adviced it's youth to go into forex trading.

Even the Nigerian government themselves know they don't really have anything to offer, I saw a news recently, where the Nigerian government adviced it's youth to go into forex trading.
Lolz, all these our brainless government official should be punished, instead of them to think of any way of creating employment ,building of industry to improve the value of our currency they are thinking of how youth can go into forex trading.
Post automatically merged:

That is the reason why I always advice those who are still in school to learn something before they graduate or immediately after graduating from school, so as to be able to takes care of their financial needs.
Seriously lot of undergraduate may not even understand until they are done with their nysc , when the government will not even care about them they will understand the full meaning of life and what is all about to be in Nigeria.

Last edited:
Lolz, all these our brainless government official should be punished, instead of them to think of any way of creating employment ,building of industry to improve the value of our currency they are thinking of how youth can go into forex trading.
Post automatically merged:

Seriously lot of undergraduate may not even understand until they are done with their nysc , when the government will not even care about them they will understand the full meaning of life and what is all about to be in Nigeria.
Lolz it's a clear sign that they are not ready to even stress themselves in looking for ways to create employment. So the easy way for them is to tell the masses to go into forex trading.

Lolz it's a clear sign that they are not ready to even stress themselves in looking for ways to create employment. So the easy way for them is to tell the masses to go into forex trading.
Hmmm, is really annoying that this is what they actually told the youth to do, they are just so immune to what they are supposed to do and they only concentrate in stealing money that is meant for the citizen, how do we handle this type of government

Hmmm, is really annoying that this is what they actually told the youth to do, they are just so immune to what they are supposed to do and they only concentrate in stealing money that is meant for the citizen, how do we handle this type of government
Indeed, many Nigerians are even tired of the whole situation. The best we can do is just to pray and hope for the best. Because right now there is no way forward.

In recent years, economics of work have changed. The New Economy is an economy based on abundance, not scarcity. Millions of jobs are up for grab on daily basis. Everything is now online. Everything has changed; many own an online business with no physical office, some work for multinational companies at the comfort of their homes as a content creator, copywriter, deal expert and many more. Pick your battle wisely.

It is important to Invest in your knowledge, and most importantly, You shouldn’t be at home unemployed.

What’s your view on unemployment rate and the way forward?
There is unemployment now because of coronavirus pandemic going on all over the world. People are told to stay at home so that the coronavirus will not spread to other people. Online jobs at home can be done.

One thing governments can do to help people in being employed is to make the environment conducive enough. I should be able to learn a skill and make a living with it but what happens when I am hindered by erratic power supply, very high rent and bad roads?
We have a government agency that provides workshop and short courses for free to those who want to gain skills for a labor job like carpentry or welding skills. But even if there are many graduates and there is no jobs available then the purposed will be defeated.

Unfortunately , jobs offered are less than people want to work so that's why unemployement rate is high , I think it is government responsability to create more jobs .

The problem surrounding the issue of employment is not joke because everyyear there is always fresh graduate and in a country where its presidentcould open his gullet and say youths should forget about getting a job but rather go and start business, that should tell you the kind of government we have exactly.

Unemployment will keep rising because the requirements for recruiting has changed and graduates don't know this because it is not taught in schools, it's more about what you can offer now not what you read

In recent years, economics of work have changed. The New Economy is an economy based on abundance, not scarcity. Millions of jobs are up for grab on daily basis. Everything is now online. Everything has changed; many own an online business with no physical office, some work for multinational companies at the comfort of their homes as a content creator, copywriter, deal expert and many more. Pick your battle wisely.

It is important to Invest in your knowledge, and most importantly, You shouldn’t be at home unemployed.

What’s your view on unemployment rate and the way forward?
I believe now a days we have so many job opportunities online compare to that of offline but some person are ignorant of the right information while some are too lazy to work

Well I believe the cause of high rate of unemployment is because the system of government is not working. No provision of jobs for students graduating very year, federal and state jobs is in possible to get because man know man.
Unemployment rate is so high because there is no investors no new business on ground and everyone just depends on government jobs and federal jobs.

The problem surrounding the issue of employment is not joke because everyyear there is always fresh graduate and in a country where its presidentcould open his gullet and say youths should forget about getting a job but rather go and start business, that should tell you the kind of government we have exactly.
People should understand that the Nigerian government do not have anything to offer and there is no need for them to keep on believing what they are saying, you should look for a way to survive without the government.

One of the causes of unemployment is poor planning. The supply and demand for labor are vastly different. No long-term plan for reducing unemployment had been devised by any Plan.

Low consumer demand creates cyclical unemployment. Companies lose too much profit when demand falls. If they don't expect sales to pick up anytime soon, they must lay off workers. The higher unemployment causes consumer demand to drop even more, which is why it's cyclical.
Unemployment because they are new companies and nobody is creating jobs no foreign investors and also I know internal investors.

Indeed, many Nigerians are even tired of the whole situation. The best we can do is just to pray and hope for the best. Because right now there is no way forward.
Well I just believe that one day a new government will arise and take over the government from all these politicians that are playing with the life of people and the future of all Nigerians.

The problem is simply that, the population of people are much more bigger than the available jobs, that's part of what's causing unemployment.

Well I just believe that one day a new government will arise and take over the government from all these politicians that are playing with the life of people and the future of all Nigerians.
I pray so too, another issue is the fact that in most cases it's the present government that brings in their own persons to take over so in reality it is still the same government ruling because they are making the major decisions back door.

Inability of many to face the reality of what we have today is the major problem. A lot of employed youths and adults are on this platform, some earning as part time while others are here for a fu time but you will be surprised to see a jobless youth introduced to sites like bizdustry and yet they never take the opportunity serious. Same are those complaining of no job out there
You are right to a certain degree, most people that are unemployed are looking for white collar jobs that are not available, while there are so many other things they can do to earn a legitimate income online.

Of course as the population of any country keeps increasing, inis a common place knowledge that unemployment will also be on the increase as well. This is just simple known facts happening everywhere

Newest Directory Listings

smmgoal
Forums
Clicks
Views
Esimbuy.org is an innovative online platform that specializes in e-SIM products and services. As e-SIM technology continues to gain popularity for its flexibility and convenience, Esimbuy.org provides users with easy access to this modern solution
Nebulous
Forums
Clicks
Views
Off Topix is the best general discussion community around!
Back