What's new

Why is Failure The Best Teacher? Not Experience!

Failure is also an experience in itself, whether it's success or failure both are experiences, we learn more when we fail no doubt doesn't mean we also sont learn when we succeed, failure is like learning the hard way, you do not forget easily

I was talking with my sisters about this and we all reached a conclusion that failure is part and parce of experiences we face in life. So the people/person who came up with the saying that "experience is the best teacher" was very right. It is only when you single out failure as an experience is when you learn the teachings that come with it.

To some persons,what will motivates them to do something in a more discrete and carefull manner is the experience they have face in failure.But for me i would like to say that experience rather than failure is what will make one to susceed more.As it is better to learn from others experience and what they did'nt do well.

Failure teaches you many ways to towards succeeding. Sometimes failure means changing direction. I heard that Mr Colgate failed 99 times to get to make a proper toothpaste. From failure you climb a step ladder to success.
Very impressive point there. Failure sometimes tells us it is time we changed direction on what we are pursuing that is not bringing or getting us the required results we wanted

To some persons,what will motivates them to do something in a more discrete and carefull manner is the experience they have face in failure.But for me i would like to say that experience rather than failure is what will make one to susceed more.As it is better to learn from others experience and what they did'nt do well.
You are right that experience and not only failure can be of help to be successful. There are many business owners who never tasted failure and yet they succeeded. Now if you will learn from that business owner you will not learn from his failure because he did not fail. As simple as that, no sweat.

With one has experienced in the past, you tend to know better how things work and what doesn't work and become better with time. But with failure, you get to learn from your mistakes too and try not to repeat it again

I think both are good learning experiences. I wouldn't say either or is better than each other. In fact, failing is part of the experience. It's how you learn and grow. Mistakes happen, it's just how we learn from the mistake and do better from there.

You are generalizing. You can learn from your failure as well as experience. When you fail, you learn something new and when you are doing the same thing, you won't fail, experience will teach you the same thing.

Well I agree with you to an extent. Failure can not be the best teacher but it can only stand as an experience. When you say teacher. Teacher is the act of teaching people how to do something. From teaching your failure can help a serious student to learn from his error and look for solution. Failure is an experience that helps an individual to have an idea on how to handle a situation.

Both of them are indirectly the same because the failure you are talking about is an experience itself so I think both of them are the same,if you fail you will know the real reason you are failing and when you are going back to any business you will learn from the past experience of your failure.

Yeah , without a failure , it is impossible to achieve a great success. All those rich and successful billionaires had failure in their childhood days , they learnt from those failures and achieved success. Failure is the stepping stone to success.

Failure is the best teacher. It’s an act of learning the hard way. Lessons are easily learnt and hard to forget. Failures and success makes up experience and with experience you can top any business. Most times I don’t even regard it as failure I regard it as a lesson
I don't agree with you that failure is the best teacher because when one fails in a business venture he will lose a lot of resources which could have been better utilise somewhere else and then they will still start all over again but the best where is to get knowledge on such a business so as to avoid failure.

No matter how long you stay in a place in order to get experience, there are some things that you might not see but if you fail in something it sticks with you for a long time.

The believe that failure is always the best teacher is not always true, must we experience failure before we are able to learn a lesson ? don't you think that we can also learn a lesson from experience ? Failure is never a good option.

While growing up what I have always heard is that experience is the best teacher. Failure teaches us too. We gain experience from our failures. If we do something and we don't get the desired result, we have learnt something through the process and next time we'll go another way
You said it right, failure is part of our experience, so it makes no sense in separating them. when you pass through failure, you learn from it, so next time when you come across such problem, you have gotten the experience to overcome it or to totally avoid it

Experience teaches one way to achieve success in Business. But failure teaches many ways to achieve success in business and in the end you get to know what works or not.

Thomas Edison said "I haven't failed -- I've found 10,000 that won't work"

Experience truly count. But Failure is the best Teacher. What's your take?
Absolutely failure us the best teacher in business life I guess, because if you haven't failed in a business you can't have any experience about it, so no matter how you try to learn from other you will still end up the other way round I guess.

I think you can have all the experience in the world and still not know how something feels first hand unless you one day experience it and that is why.

I do not believe the one has to fail first before becoming successful. That makes failure to me not the best teacher but experience is. Because with experience, you can avoid failure in your businesses

The knowledge that we always gain from failure usually or always last longer longer than even experience gained from both success and it’s always ok to fail because it will make you dig deeper

Failure is the best teacher. When people fails in business they tends to be more extra careful and smart in making business decisions in order to avoid the situation that leads to the previous failure.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back