What's new

Were you ever forced to shut down a website?

I see a lot of jobs where you are asked to report a fraudulent website for promoting fraudulent service or plagiarism throught google report tools where you report this website for the following reason:
- Pretend being a company or organisation however it is not
- Scamming people
- Posting are not ethical
Each employer has his reason to run such microjob for the safety of his services so if a website affect his services or thrustworthy by just plagiarism of his content for fraudulent behavior so he requires help of worker to shut down this website from search engines to prevent that victims have a bad idea from his services.

This has never happened to me because I do not do illegal stuff, I publish my own content or the content that I have rights to republish. I do not publish illegal topics

I have opened several blogs and was forced to close it down not by anybody but by my own decision. I made this decision I started some of these blogs with an enthusiasm and along the line I got discouraged and quitted.

There was a website that I know which closed because it was using so many pictures of actors in the movie industry. When the copyright law was imposed the owner of the site asked our office if the posted pictures without permission is not legal. Our boss advised the website owner to just abandon or to close the site to avoid legal issues.

I have never, but even if I find myself in a situation like this, the said company must compensate me first before I close, since I'm not supposed to waste all my efforts and resources.

Have you ever been forced to shut down a website? Maybe it had copyrighted material, or a domain name that was owned by a company. Have you ever been forced to shut down? And if so, what happened?

No, I have never been forced to shutdown any of my website; however, I did abandon my website because I simply lost interest in my own website. I used to upload very high-quality, informative content on my websites. But what is the use of such content if there is no traffic? So I shutdown my own website and I was never forced to do that.

That's why when we are creating any website, we shouldn't just use copyrighted materials and copy to our websites to have more contents. Those kind of act is fraudulent and can cost us losing our website when those who owns those materials report us.

There was never a time I have told or fired to shot down my website for any reason. And also, there has not been any copyright violation suite brought up against my website too.

I run self hosted website, The beauty of using self hosted website is that no one can force you to close it down. If might have to deal with copyrights if you publish protected materials though

I don't have a website and I have not experience a situation whereby I will be forced to close a website but it my cousin brother that has a website but he was never forced to close it

Unless you are violating copyrights or promoting illegal stuff, no one can force you to shut down your website. Your website is in your full control until you renew domain and hosting

I don't have a website and I have not experience a situation whereby I will be forced to close a website but it my cousin brother that has a website but he was never forced to close it
No one would be able to force you, except you get some threats or an opposition team decide to hack your account and bring it down.

Actually I haven't even own a site before so I don't really know how it really goes I mean the management and the violations I may possible face in the line of having one that would lead to been asked to forfeit it.

Not forced to shut down exactly but I was forced to sell it out when I the website was hacked by some wicked hackers and I lost all the traffic in just a matter of days, in the end the website started depreciating and I had to sell it out before it completely losses it value.

Well I think the only reason website are forced to shut down is because they violate some laws or because of illegal activities. Personally, I have haven't had to shut down a site.

No, I've never been forced to shut down my website. However, I lost interest on my website because I wasn't able to generate high traffic so I abandoned it.

It has happened to me once when I was investing at this company called quitessential company and one company like that we were all told that they want to change there database

Have you ever been forced to shut down a website? Maybe it had copyrighted material, or a domain name that was owned by a company. Have you ever been forced to shut down? And if so, what happened?
No.
Never even opened a website.
Websites could be forced shut if the domain name chosen is already owned by someone else.

not at all I have never been forced to shut down a website , despite the fact that I have never opened a website but it's happens maybe the website is against the community standard

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back