What's new

Wearing shorts in the workplace?

You're right, but am happy my working doesn't implement any dressing code. Sometime, short trouser and singlet is my easy wear. That's is why I said it's depend on the the type of work or profession. If you're working under AC I don't see any reason to wearing pants and shirts.

I have also noticed that there are certain kinds of jobs that require people to work in a hot weather. Window cleaners, for example, are the kind of people who work in hot weather. It also looks like they are also required to wear shorts as well.

Like me, if there are no girls in the team and all the men have talked to each other and agreed that they want to wear shorts because of the hot weather, then it's fine, but when there are girls in the company and a man comes in shorts without warning or discussion, it's not ok because it's hot for everyone and everyone follows the dress code and he doesn't

It depends on the kind of job you have. I work as a teacher in a school and we have a dress code we must abide to everyday. If you put on a short you would even be sent back at the gate. All staff must dress in a corporate manner.

In the workplace, do you think it’s acceptable to wear knee length shorts? Skirts are allowed but most boys I know wouldn’t want to turn up to work wearing one.

If the shorts are smart, is there an issue? I work as a Security Officer for G4S and shorts are prohibited even if they are knee length and smart. With temperatures rising to 20-30 degrees Celsius and no air conditioning, it makes the jobs of security officers very difficult and hot to do.

What’s your view on this?
In my opinion, I don't think shorts look coporate enough. I haven't tried it before and I probably would never do it. But then, there are some offices where it's allowed or necessary, like in sports, wearing shorts in such case is suitable but you likely wouldn't see a lawyer wearing shorts to a courthouse.

As far as I am concerned in my own business, the most important thing for me to ensure when it comes to what they wear is to make sure that they are wearing something decent whenever they are coming to work. This is because I know it is something that is not going to interfere with any other person in any way whenever they are working.

The fact of the matter remains that I would certainly prefer jobs that would allow me to wear whatever I want. Fortunately, I work as a freelancer. This allows me to wear whatever I want. In many cases, I can wear shorts, pajamas, or whatever I want, as there is no specific dress code for freelancers.

In the workplace, do you think it’s acceptable to wear knee length shorts? Skirts are allowed but most boys I know wouldn’t want to turn up to work wearing one.

If the shorts are smart, is there an issue? I work as a Security Officer for G4S and shorts are prohibited even if they are knee length and smart. With temperatures rising to 20-30 degrees Celsius and no air conditioning, it makes the jobs of security officers very difficult and hot to do.

What’s your view on this?
It is not ideal at all. That's the last thing I will do. When I go to work, I like to look responsible. It will earn me more respect both from the customers and from the workers too.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back