What's new

The health effect of eating late at night

Eating at night causes constipation and slow digestion. It's not healthy to be keeping late night eating, there are many other complications to it other than the ones I've mentioned here.
Well sometimes this is what I always try to avoid because I know it is not the best I can even cause indigestion just like you said and can also lead to acid reflux... This is what they are saying, it can't at the same time lead to weight increments, which is good to most people

In my family, my parents used to come back late then so we always had late nights dinner but most times we had constipation and realized it was because our foods were not digesting before we ate so now we plan on how we eat early everyday.

Well, some people do stay it causes protruded stomach which might be right or not but all I know is that it leads to indigestion. Many health practitioners will always advice against that although people around here will always be adamant to this kind of warnings.

As far as I know, eating late at night could make you gain weight because you don't have much time to burn the calories. You're probably getting ready for bed so there's no chance at all to be active and to use up all those extra calories. True enough, I gained weight when I started working online during the night because I had to eat to stay awake and to support my body's extra needs.

The body takes at least four hours to digest food and at least six hours if fest to recuperate, eating late may disrupt this health cycle because you may sleep before your food digests which would disrupt your sleep
But unfortunately we find ourselves in an unfriendly environment that allows us work late thereby eating late and breaking some health rules which is why it's good to go for medical checkups to know how one should adjust and necessary medications.

This is what I always try to overcome because I know it's really dangerous and might not really be the best for the body but sometimes some situation always push us to eat late at night and there's nothing we can do... But we should always try to prevent it as much as possible.

Eating late at night can also help one to improve his body's appearance, it is also beneficial in reducing hunger in the morning, it also improves morning metabolism i.e conversation of food into energy, not every one gets fat eating at night.

You are going to deny your body essential nutrients if you like to eat late in the night. your body will not be able to process all the nutrients in the food you eat late in the night during the time you are sleeping. Everything will be passed to the excreta system in your body.

Eating late at night can disrupt your sleep hours because the body won't be prepared to sleep, thus it may also affect your memory and efficiency for the next day. Eating late at night can lead to increase in blood sugar level and obesity.
You have stated right.
I stopped eating late at night after I was diagnosed of high blood sugar level. It was life threatening. Eating late at night can cause retention of fat in your abdomen resulting in belly fats.

Well, eating late at night is not medically advisable and at most instances it should be avoided because it's has a negative impact on the person such as health deformity and others.

I am very grateful for this wonderful thread . I have always wondered the reason behind the statement. Eating late will not give enough time for the food to digest. Eating early would help digestion.

I read it in a famous health magazine that eating late in the night would instigate the accumulation of fats in the body. Eating late in the night will not make the food eaten digest before going to sleep.

Eating late at night has so many effects on human health growth and development. some times it cas caused a sleepless night because of indigestion.

Well, I don't know if it is actually scientifically proven that there are any disastrous effect of eating at night, as with the different time zones a person who left Nigeria let's say at night and spend hours on a plane to arrive England at night wouldn't it be good for the person to get a good meal at that hour, does the health effect apply in such situations?

The only reason why eating food late is not good is because of digestion, it is the advice that comes from medical practitioners, perhaps, there are those who prefer eating late and the reason best known to them.

Some of the known effect of eating late at night is that sometimes it can lead to acid reflux and it can also lead to indigestion, that's why eating immediately and going to bed immediately is not the best.

There are no enough scientific back up to these claims at all , and a lot of people have continued to eat late at night without getting to feel any bad symptoms at all.

Usually after I eat fried or even none fried food at night I get a few heatburns which are really annoying and sometimes force me to get out of bed and drink a soda drink in order to reduce the pain. It can also cause a night poop which is annoying when you are really tired and wants to have a nice sleep without any distractions.

Having heavy food at late night would put our stomachs to work late-night. Our Stomach would take approximately 3 to 4 hrs to process and digest the foods this would delay our sleep cycle. And many would face insomnia because of this. With a disturbed sleep cycle, our overall physical health and mental health are damaged. Would face mood swings due to the lack of sleep and late-night food consumption would increase the fat retention in the body would trigger other consequences such as high cholesterol levels in the body. So to main good health eat early, eat light food at night. Do regular physical exercises.

I don't just like eating in the night,sometime I feel like been lazy that is why I do avoid night food if I have something which I want to do in the night so its very dangerous to health even the doctors do let me know that eating late at night have some nagetive effect on our health

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back