What's new

The health effect of eating late at night

Eating late at night can lead to several health hazards like increase in blood sugar levels, heart diseases, obesity and acidity. Basically, the later you eat, the less your body is prepared to sleep, which can also have adverse effects on your memory and efficiency for

The health effects of eating late at night is not palatable. I remember once, I actually wanted to add a little flesh and I began eating late at night, the repercussion was that I began having a big tummy and indigestion problems.

Late night food has alot of disadvantages it can cause,late night food affect our health and apart from health it could also disrupt our working hours or research hours at night

I never eat late at night. Very rarely do I make an exception, when I am very hungry, and I can't wait till the morning, till breakfast. Eating late at night is not beneficial to the health, and I try to avoid it, as much as possible.

Eating late is not the problem because every person system needs food but its effect is what matters alot when we eat late it automatically affect the system and could make one fall seek which will affect one's job

Eating late in the night will increase the level of cholesterol in your body systems and make it a bit difficult for the blood to flow freely within your body systems. a person will develop high blood pressure if blood is not flowing very well in their body.

I have observed on the stand point of healthy life style due to some experience that its not realy a healthy life style to cultivate the habit of eating late at night,health practioners and medical expart always kick against it.And those who indulge in this,the effect is always evident in the excess accumulation of fat in their system,because food really need time to digest when you eat early and not while you are sleeping when you eat late.
Share your experience on this.
Increase in blood sugar level and retention of fat beneath the skin are the health effects of eating late.
Health practitioners advice that food, especially dinner be taken early enough to allow time for digestion before you go to bed.

Increase in blood sugar level and retention of fat beneath the skin are the health effects of eating late.
Health practitioners advice that food, especially dinner be taken early enough to allow time for digestion before you go to bed.
That is very true,because from my personal observation,is that when you eat very early before going to bed,you will actually feel enough relieve when you wake the next morning,this is as a result of digestion of the food.
Post automatically merged:

The health effect of eating late night food is growing of unwanted stomach and unbalanced shape due to un normal digestion in the body
That has been among other things one of the effect of late night eating.I personally have been very waery of this issue of accumulating excess fat at the abdomen region.

The health effect of eating late night food is growing of unwanted stomach and unbalanced shape due to un normal digestion in the body
That has been among other things one of the effect of late night eating.I personally have been very waery of this issue of accumulating excess fat at the abdomen region.

Last edited:
I think this issue has to be answered personally by individuals as individual systems work differently, and at times circumstances warrant one to eat late at night. Personally, I don't like eating late at night because I believe that the food will not have enough time to digest before morning. And as a result the proper function of the food may not be carried out in the body.

Eating late in the night will increase the level of cholesterol in your body systems and make it a bit difficult for the blood to flow freely within your body systems. a person will develop high blood pressure if blood is not flowing very well in their body.
I think what you made mention of is called blood viscosity, whereby the blood becomes too thick for normal flow, this could also lead to stroke, losses of memory (when enough blood does not flow to the brain) and headaches.

Many people eat late at night and what's quite worse is that they sit on a sofa all the night and watch T.V and this can cause more problems for them.

One of the health effect of eating late in the night is that you are going to develop more cholesterol in your body system. There are lots of health issue that will generate from having lots of cholesterol in the body system. Examples are diabetes, waist pain, fatigue etc.

Eating lately in the night has some side effects even though is not much,but I think it can cause ulcer to one which is as the result of not eating on time,either gastric or chronic ulcer,that is why its good to be eating regularly and on time.

Yes I have heard so many advises and warnings that I should desist from eating very late at night but due to the nature of my work, I do best the rules and regulations given. I hope this won't have an adverse effects?

I have observed on the stand point of healthy life style due to some experience that its not realy a healthy life style to cultivate the habit of eating late at night,health practioners and medical expart always kick against it.And those who indulge in this,the effect is always evident in the excess accumulation of fat in their system,because food really need time to digest when you eat early and not while you are sleeping when you eat late.
The only thing i noticed about eating late at night is that the food don't normally digest easily and it can lead to you getting fat and it also affect your sleep at night most of the time.

The emphasis isn't just on eating late at night. It is on being inactive after eating no matter the hour of the day. It is good to have some mobility in your waking hours after eating. This helps to kick-start digestion.

Eating and sitting back or going to bed instantly doesn't help the body. You can still eat late at night and have good digestion. For instance, many people work the night shift. They could eat and be active for the next two hours. That is enough for the body.

The only thing i noticed about eating late at night is that the food don't normally digest easily and it can lead to you getting fat and it also affect your sleep at night most of the time.
These are the effect of eating late at night,and a lot of persons don't know about these effect on their health.And on the issue of accumulating excess fat,this is due to the food not digesting properly.

The emphasis isn't just on eating late at night. It is on being inactive after eating no matter the hour of the day. It is good to have some mobility in your waking hours after eating. This helps to kick-start digestion.

Eating and sitting back or going to bed instantly doesn't help the body. You can still eat late at night and have good digestion. For instance, many people work the night shift. They could eat and be active for the next two hours. That is enough for the body.
The essence of emphasising the timing is that,at night mostly after eating for a lot of persons the next thing on the agenda would be naturally to get t bed,and that is where the problem then begins.

Yes I have heard so many advises and warnings that I should desist from eating very late at night but due to the nature of my work, I do best the rules and regulations given. I hope this won't have an adverse effects?
If I might ask, what time do you normally eat? And what do you eat? Cause eating late is not just the only problem, what you eat as well still plays a role.

The thing about eating late at night is that the period your body is supposed to carry out other activities that are related to growth, it spends that time trying to digest the late food you gave to it.
Besides it's a common fact that overeating would lead to accumulating more fat as the foods broken down would be stored to sugar.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back