What's new

The best place to seek grants for business start up

That is very thoughtful of you to want to start a business and I wish you sincerely all the best for the future. You can seek grants from government agencies or even private ones if you can convince them of your idea. Family is also another very good option together with private investors. You should try as much as possible to avoid getting high interest loans and loans payable within a short period of time.

Apply for college grants. College grants, like the federal Pell Grant, can make it easier to pay for college. Students who are eligible for the Pell Grant could get up to $6,345 for the 2020-21 award year

There is no place to check for grant. If you have opportunity to take a grant from your government in your country that will good. It's not advisable to get loan from bank, you can seek for help from your relatives one. Or you should find a business partner, I mean a person that has capital but don't have business Idea, and as you have business idea you.

There are so many ways and places you can seek for startup loan for your business such as bank loan which you can access with little or no collateral, another is to apply for government SME loan schemes where you will be given funds to start a business.

If you are an African, I'd advise you apply to Tony Elumelu Foundation, they give grants to thousands of start up every year and a mentor would be attached to you to coach you and ensure your start up grows. Other than that, you could write a business plan for your start up and look for private investors to invest in your start up. More still, you could get a loan from the bank.

I've got great business ideas but don't have the financies to start, but I am hoping to apply for grants, so if anyone knows the best place to apply for business grants or funding, he/she can post it here.
I doubt if you can get grant so easily like it would be for a loan. Grants are usually gotten from competitive application or competition for such purposes. You can also get grants from fundraisers or from bank of industry if you are in Nigeria.

The best place to seek grant for business start up, i think it is the co-operative societies. Co-operative societies grants or fund are flexible than the bank and other funding bodies. Try and join a co-operative society and you will be happy for it. But if the money to be borrowed isvurgent, you can go for bank, having it in mind that you will return it quickly.

Its is not advisable to get a loan to start up a business but if there is any organisation that can Grant you a certain amount of money to start up a business with no hope of returning it back and this one will be more advisable than getting a loan to start of something you did not even have enough understanding about.

There is no particular database for business grant all you have to do is to get informed. Join many educative and small business groups to get the latest information about every available opportunity. You can't sit in the confine of your home and expect that someone will come and announce an ongoing business opportunity for you. Information is the key.

Getting grants is a very tough feat to achieve. It is very hard to come by. Seeking for a loan is hard let alone grants that you won't pay back. It is so stressful. Government ministries or world bank offers such atimes. But you have to beat off stiff competitions.

government do provide grants for people that do want to start a business but sometimes you do not have to rely on grants all the time because it may not be enough for you to set up your required business you need to still have something that you save on your own to add to the Grant and start a business.

the best place to seek for grant for business stat up is through the federal government since they are the most reliable when it comes to grant but due to the situation of the economy this only comes once in a while so it's better to accept share holders in your business or run a partnership business

I’m not a big fan when you talk of taking up loan to start up a new business. As for me I feel that’s one putting himself under pressure. And it has absolutely nothing to do with one not believing in his or her self. Having said that I encourage one to explore the option of getting from family members and friend.

Concerning yout question on where you as an entrepreneur can get grants to start your business, I would have to be honest with you and tell you that Government still happens to be the best source of Business Grant because in my country it will be hard to get private sponsored Grant. It's not that does private sponsored grants are not in existence it's just that they are very few in existence

Seeking grant to start up a business most times is not advisable. This is because your business will automatically become under the supervision of that body to dictate how you should run your business. Therefore it is advisable you start up your business with your own money.
Post automatically merged:

Seeking grant to start up a business most times is not advisable. This is because your business will automatically become under the supervision of that body to dictate how you should run your business. Therefore it is advisable you start up your business with your own money.

yeah this will be a very good thing because I have ideas business ideas that are very good and I believe you bring good income but the money to start this business is always the problem so difficult to see a grant then I'll be happy to venture into this business

I've got great business ideas but don't have the financies to start, but I am hoping to apply for grants, so if anyone knows the best place to apply for business grants or funding, he/she can post it here.
Tony Elumelu Foundation is the place you should be! They give $5000 non-refundable seed capital for start ups. I know coz I’m a beneficiary. Check them out!

However, if you know where to look and how to apply, you might be successful in securing free money for your business. Before you invest

Small-business grants provide free money for startups and existing businesses, including those impacted by the coronavirus pandemic.
It can take time and effort to research and apply for funding. To help you start, here’s a list of federal, state and private small-business grants and resources.

The best way to source for Grant for a business capital ideally, should be from the government. However because of the corruption in Nigeria, funds approved by the government to assist people looking for grants will be shared by some few corrupt officials.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back