What's new

Should Telegram be responsible for the number of scam accounts on their platform?

Concerning if telegram should be responsible for the number of scam accounts on their platform. Well, I believe that the social media platform telegram should be responsible because they are also aware of the activities that is happening on their platform
This is my point as well and i think that social media do have an obligation to their users in order to try and ensure their safety and to ensure that the platform is not being used for any illegal activities and these scams are in all honesty illegal.

I dont find any reasons why telegram should be responsible for various crypto scam accounts. I agree totally there are lot of scam crypto accounts in telegram , but only way to avoid them is by being smart and not fall into trap for their scams. We need to report them immediately if we find anything suspicious.

Well I don't think they are really at fault here, from my own point of view they are really trying, for instance you can report a group as scam and after investigation or constant report by group member they are labelled as scam. I can say they are trying to solve this issue.

You've a point their because a platform can still curtail the amount of scams being executed by monitoring accounts on their platform.

You've a point their because a platform can still curtail the amount of scams being executed by monitoring accounts on their platform.
Monitoring of the accounts is important in teh sense of developing a reputable social media platform that people are able to use and rely on without having to worry about their security and information. Telegram should take action against this.

Monitoring of the accounts is important in teh sense of developing a reputable social media platform that people are able to use and rely on without having to worry about their security and information. Telegram should take action against this.
People take advantage of platforms that has so much traffic like telegram because they know most people in it are for business purposes.

The thought of this question never even ever occured to me that telegram should be responsible for what goes on on their platform. They need to really wake up to this level of scam people use their platform to parpatrate indeed

People take advantage of platforms that has so much traffic like telegram because they know most people in it are for business purposes.
This is true. And also with teh recent shift in teh privacy settings that were expressed by WhatsApp there were many people that migrated from that social media platform and are now making use of Telegram which means that there is even more traffic running through this social media platform.

This is true. And also with teh recent shift in teh privacy settings that were expressed by WhatsApp there were many people that migrated from that social media platform and are now making use of Telegram which means that there is even more traffic running through this social media platform.
That's what i noticed, that telegram application have been flooded for business purposes and without strict restrictions,which scammers find interesting.

Unfortunately, Telegram is also a popular platform for scammers ... These scammers ask to access your Coinbase account, so they can use ... Scammers can spoof phone numbers. I will blame telegram because its Dere job to scrutinize everyone on their platform to know if they are real or not.
If we are to blame telegram, then we should.blame social media at large because arguably, Facebook have been having more betting scams and not much is being said about it.

That's what i noticed, that telegram application have been flooded for business purposes and without strict restrictions,which scammers find interesting.
It is a good way for people to conduct business because it makes sense to make a channel that people can then join and stay updated on news regarding your business and specials, but if not managed with scammers people will start to move away from it.

In a way i think they should be responsible because majority of the channels or account being run on telegram are scam or fake. These accounts are spoiling the image of telegram. So they need to do something quick to save their image
Post automatically merged:

They shouldn't ben held responsible, they just created a platform just like other social medias where people can chat and create business page.Personally i like telegram, they have a good API unlike whatsapp that crashes anyhow. Anything each user does is at his/her own risk
You have a point there but it is also their duty to protect their customers to some extend. Am sure if one day you find out a social media you are in is leaking or your messages to someone else you would not be happy or if because you joined a group on social media then you begin to get scam calls constantly from that group, i am sure you might get fed up one day and decide to leave. These cases is not only a harm to customers but also to the image of telegram. Many people associates telegram what fraud or scam

Very true thats why telegram needs to create certain measures to go about this. It might not be possible to completely remove or change this are but it would help reduce the rate of scam channels

Last edited:
You are very correct by saying that scammers have taken to telegram to scam people. I have come across some amount of online business that uses telegram and became scam few days later. They made it mandatory to have telegram account before you can work with them. I think telegram should be held responsible for scammers using their platform because I know that can detect all the accounts opened on the platform. Just maybe. That is my take on this.

Telegram is just but a social media platform, it is expected of users to do their own research before agreeing to join any site. You can't blame them for any scams.

If we are to blame telegram, then we should.blame social media at large because arguably, Facebook have been having more betting scams and not much is being said about it.
This is indeed true but from my experience, compared to facebook i think telegram faces this issue more. I think in most cases, facebook you have to be the one to join these groups yourself. Most of the times on telegram, i just go online and start seeing strange channels and groups i did not join before

Of cause, its a hot spot for them to catch customers who they can scam if one is not careful. The higher the traffic, the better for them.

Seriously this issue needs to be look into by telegram because the platform has become the den of scammers in recent time. Both telegram and the individual using it should be blamed for the scams on telegram. Telegram should put in place more security measures to check the activities of scammers while people using it needs to extra careful when using telegram.

It is a good way for people to conduct business because it makes sense to make a channel that people can then join and stay updated on news regarding your business and specials, but if not managed with scammers people will start to move away from it.
Am with you on this one,if the scammers are not well managed and people loose due to them,they'll start to move away from the platform.

Telegram has become the go-to social Media platform in order to promote cryptocurrencies and to converse with people about cryptocurrencies as well. Many of the online platforms that do involve cryptocurrencies such as exchanges and PTC sites have a telegram account that is linked to the official web page which users can access in order to gain information about the website and any future events that may occur in the coming weeks.

However as much as this has been used as a legitimate way for these creators to reach out to the people making use of their websites, it has also been a way for many people to create scam accounts where they impersonate the original website and obtain people's information or the cryptocurrencies and this can be very detrimental to the funds that they are holding.

My opinion the number of these accounts have increased drastically on telegram and I believe that telegram should have a system whereby they ensure or verify all of the accounts that are being created in order to minimise these scam. Surely a platform such as this one should have security measures in order to ensure the safety of those that are using it. Do you think that telegram should be held accountable for the cryptocurrency scam accounts that are constantly present on their platform?
I believe telegram should be held responsible for this. Because this scam platforms are just getting out of hand. They are now using the cryptocurrencies smart contract to dupe more people on telegram

This is indeed true but from my experience, compared to facebook i think telegram faces this issue more. I think in most cases, facebook you have to be the one to join these groups yourself. Most of the times on telegram, i just go online and start seeing strange channels and groups i did not join before

Of cause, its a hot spot for them to catch customers who they can scam if one is not careful. The higher the traffic, the better for them.
You know before telegram there was facebook and such things were rampant but restricted because the features of Facebook was restricting and telegram gave a chance which is now being misused.

Concerning if telegram should be responsible for the number of scam accounts on their platform. Well, I believe that the social media platform telegram should be responsible because they are also aware of the activities that is happening on their platform
I think telegram should be accountable and responsible for the number of scam account on their platform because most scammers are always on telegram.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back