What's new

Should Telegram be responsible for the number of scam accounts on their platform?

The level of scam activities on telegram is too much and so, since telegram is growing bigger and bigger, I will advise them to look for a way and cocktail this scams going on on telegram groups. Telegram is really growing big and we the users are getting more concerned everyday about scam activities on telegram.

No. How will telegram be taken for responsible for the scams be carried out on there platform.
Telegram team have been trying to block and warn it's users of some scam bot, by flagging the bot scam. And moreover they can not know if a bot is scam or not.

Telegram has become the go-to social Media platform in order to promote cryptocurrencies and to converse with people about cryptocurrencies as well. Many of the online platforms that do involve cryptocurrencies such as exchanges and PTC sites have a telegram account that is linked to the official web page which users can access in order to gain information about the website and any future events that may occur in the coming weeks.

However as much as this has been used as a legitimate way for these creators to reach out to the people making use of their websites, it has also been a way for many people to create scam accounts where they impersonate the original website and obtain people's information or the cryptocurrencies and this can be very detrimental to the funds that they are holding.

My opinion the number of these accounts have increased drastically on telegram and I believe that telegram should have a system whereby they ensure or verify all of the accounts that are being created in order to minimise these scam. Surely a platform such as this one should have security measures in order to ensure the safety of those that are using it. Do you think that telegram should be held accountable for the cryptocurrency scam accounts that are constantly present on their platform?
You have a sound augerment, the number of crypto currencies mining faucets on telegram is quite alarming.
You be surprise that can come across about 50 crypto currencies mining faucets and more than 45 of them will be fact.
It will be quite good if telegram can do something about that.

I don't think they should be accountable for those scams because it's a platform to do whatever social activities you can do. You've seen some people who power is bestow upon them and they still misuse the power. You just have to be careful to not fall victim of those scam activities

Read through the terms and conditions of any social media app and see their disclaimer that they are not to be held liable for anything posted by its users. Nobody will hold them liable for what users post as instead the users can be sued for their posts
Post automatically merged:

Read through the terms and conditions of any social media app and see their disclaimer that they are not to be held liable for anything posted by its users. Nobody will hold them liable for what users post as instead the users can be sued for their posts

This is beautiful, the rising cases of people using telegram to defraud people is alarming and it seems that there is no end in sight. Telegram should come up with a security plan to verify members and their post and most especially those who claims to have bots that mine bitcoin and other crypto currencies.

Telegram is one of the most dubious social media I have ever known and I don't know the reason why telegram management does not want to do anything about it maybe there is a possibility that they are in support of the scam that is going on that is why they cannot raise a single finger, I always think about that but I don't know.

Should Telegram be held responsible for the thousands of scam bots on their app, or for how people misuse their app? I doubt if Telegram is actually used for its actual purpose which is for communication. A lot of scammers have hijacked the app and Telegram has done nothing about it. Does that mean they are in support of what goes on on their app?

I think Telegram will need to start taking actions against scammers on their platform because it's getting too much. Virtually all telegram are scams, I haven't seen anyone that has been paid on Telegram.

According to my own point of view, I think telegram should be responsible for the number of scam on their platform. Because all social media platforms are supposed to have security and also all social media platforms are supposed to have law which will guide the platform

Just like the WhatsApp feature that doesn’t allow WhatsApp to monitor your conversation, telegram has this feature also . Telegram shouldn’t and cannot be held accountable for any fraudulent act committed on the platform. The users can do better and question the credibility of any channel before involving money

Telegram has become the go-to social Media platform in order to promote cryptocurrencies and to converse with people about cryptocurrencies as well. Many of the online platforms that do involve cryptocurrencies such as exchanges and PTC sites have a telegram account that is linked to the official web page which users can access in order to gain information about the website and any future events that may occur in the coming weeks.

However as much as this has been used as a legitimate way for these creators to reach out to the people making use of their websites, it has also been a way for many people to create scam accounts where they impersonate the original website and obtain people's information or the cryptocurrencies and this can be very detrimental to the funds that they are holding.

My opinion the number of these accounts have increased drastically on telegram and I believe that telegram should have a system whereby they ensure or verify all of the accounts that are being created in order to minimise these scam. Surely a platform such as this one should have security measures in order to ensure the safety of those that are using it. Do you think that telegram should be held accountable for the cryptocurrency scam accounts that are constantly present on their platform?
One of the reasons i stopped using the telegram account is the freedom it gives users to manipulate and be manipulated. I've found myself added to so many groups and Telegram has failed to put a check on these groups.

I am very sure they are aware that a lot of people is using their platform to scam the innocent people but they don't want to do anything about it,I always wondered why they don't always seem to care about the high scamming rate that is going on in their platform.

One of the reasons i stopped using the telegram account is the freedom it gives users to manipulate and be manipulated. I've found myself added to so many groups and Telegram has failed to put a check on these groups.
There are many accounts on the social Media platform that does try to manipulate the users into providing them with funds. This is actually one of my main concerns when it comes to the use of telegram however based on the thread it seems that there has been some measures that have been implemented in order to try and reduce this in the future. One of the members has spoke of a verification where you can see who the moderator is of a specific account.

I think it should be the the platform's entire responsibility to weed out the unscrupulous elements taking advantage of others on their platform. I am yet to see any other platform so easily riddled with a lot of scam and fraudulent activities.

To some extent, I dont think telegram should be held totally responsible for the illegal things that are been done on the telegram application, I think the users are bound to report any illegal activities that is even done on the telegram application by another person to the its service providers which I think should have been provided by telegram and i think telegram should create some avenues to curb out scamming and other related activities on its application.

Telegram should not be held responsible. Telegram only provide a platform, you can't hold them responsible for how people chooses to use it. But then again, Telegram will have to put a measure in place to reduce the rate of scam on its platform.

If they don't do that... People will gradually look for another platform that will create a safe heaven for them.
I don't think telegram should be held responsible for scam.
Because, they don't know the intention of users.
They are just like other social media,for people to socialize nothing more.

Yes..... There was no strict policies that could reduce their game, they have access to your about anytime anyday, the fake account created is untraceable and they are like a ghost to trace. Lots of people as been same through the app due to less attributable policies

I do not think telegram should be held responsible as so many fraudsters are very smart and even if you have a strong security wall, they could still bypass it and try every means possible to scam people of their money. Other platforms have been used to scam people and it wouldn't be the fault of the owner of the platform sometimes

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back