What's new

Should Telegram be responsible for the number of scam accounts on their platform?

BrolySSJ

The Legendary Super Saiyan
5000+ Posts Club
Dec 23, 2020
USD
$-0.1000USD
Biznotes
Telegram has become the go-to social Media platform in order to promote cryptocurrencies and to converse with people about cryptocurrencies as well. Many of the online platforms that do involve cryptocurrencies such as exchanges and PTC sites have a telegram account that is linked to the official web page which users can access in order to gain information about the website and any future events that may occur in the coming weeks.

However as much as this has been used as a legitimate way for these creators to reach out to the people making use of their websites, it has also been a way for many people to create scam accounts where they impersonate the original website and obtain people's information or the cryptocurrencies and this can be very detrimental to the funds that they are holding.

My opinion the number of these accounts have increased drastically on telegram and I believe that telegram should have a system whereby they ensure or verify all of the accounts that are being created in order to minimise these scam. Surely a platform such as this one should have security measures in order to ensure the safety of those that are using it. Do you think that telegram should be held accountable for the cryptocurrency scam accounts that are constantly present on their platform?

Telegram has become the go-to social Media platform in order to promote cryptocurrencies and to converse with people about cryptocurrencies as well. Many of the online platforms that do involve cryptocurrencies such as exchanges and PTC sites have a telegram account that is linked to the official web page which users can access in order to gain information about the website and any future events that may occur in the coming weeks.

However as much as this has been used as a legitimate way for these creators to reach out to the people making use of their websites, it has also been a way for many people to create scam accounts where they impersonate the original website and obtain people's information or the cryptocurrencies and this can be very detrimental to the funds that they are holding.

My opinion the number of these accounts have increased drastically on telegram and I believe that telegram should have a system whereby they ensure or verify all of the accounts that are being created in order to minimise these scam. Surely a platform such as this one should have security measures in order to ensure the safety of those that are using it. Do you think that telegram should be held accountable for the cryptocurrency scam accounts that are constantly present on their platform?
Yes telegram should take check and notice of even a minor scamming people and companies forum over there Becuase i also left telegram Becuase if irrelevant stuff is posted there i mean sites which do not pay and just take us to irrelevant things. So in this case telegram is responsible for all of the scams happening on its platform it should be banned

They shouldn't ben held responsible, they just created a platform just like other social medias where people can chat and create business page.Personally i like telegram, they have a good API unlike whatsapp that crashes anyhow. Anything each user does is at his/her own risk

If you asked me, I think they should. Not only Telegram though, the other social media platforms too. Registration on this platforms should be ID verified though if you asked me because this unverified registration that is being allowed allow room for anonymity which leads to scams and other issues that social media users face like racism and the likes

To keep your Telegram communications safe, don't add bots to your chats, and be aware when you're in chats and channels that include them. ... Many cryptographers and security engineers, though, including White, say that the safest way to use Telegram is just not to use it at all.

To the best of my knowledge and how familiar I have been with the social media (Telegram).They should not be hold responsible for the scam rate that has been coming up on the site because it is just a social media just like the rest.

To the best of my knowledge and how familiar I have been with the social media (Telegram).They should not be hold responsible for the scam rate that has been coming up on the site because it is just a social media just like the rest.
It is a social media however there should be a verification process just like how we see with social media such as Facebook that ensures that a specific user can still be tracked if there is illegal activity that happens from the account. Therefore I think that telegram should have anymore robust verification process in order to ensure that scams of the this nature do not happen in the future.

Telegram can never be held responsible for any scam related stuff that goes on in their PLATFORm. Why I said this is that they only created the platform for social networking activities between people it's only those who are joining different online making money group that should be cautioned on how they throw money into the wind without due diligence

Unfortunately, Telegram is also a popular platform for scammers ... These scammers ask to access your Coinbase account, so they can use ... Scammers can spoof phone numbers. I will blame telegram because its Dere job to scrutinize everyone on their platform to know if they are real or not.

Why should they be hold accountable for crime which they know nothing about besides the platform was created just like WhatsApp and other social media... What of Facebook how are they holding up concerning scams using the platform

Telegram has just added another feature to their list of amazing features. Now, no one can add you to any telegram group without your consent so even though there is not much social media can do to curb malpractice telegram is still taking measures against them.

As good as telegram is as a platform, the number of scam report emanating from there is very high, and I don't think the telegram team is doing enough to come this menace of reapers. Telegram is actually my preferred messaging platform because of its numerous features, and its ability to carry out online classes.

For every platform there should be rules and regulations guiding the use of the account. You can’t hold them responsible if they are trying to promote people’s businesses and helping them reach out to more people unlike other accounts that can’t accommodate that number but they need to create a way to check for scam conversations and illegitimate things done in there.

Why should they be hold accountable for crime which they know nothing about besides the platform was created just like WhatsApp and other social media... What of Facebook how are they holding up concerning scams using the platform
As far as I can tell it seems that Facebook has banned all discussions that are related to cryptocurrency. This could either be because they are not in support of it, which I doubt because they have their own, or by the fact that they are trying to prevent the spread of false news in the crypto field as well. It is unclear.

It's very unfortunate I must say. The huge number of cryptocurrency scammers on telegram is very shocking. A friend of mine had a bitter experience with these guys. After stealing his money, they removed him from the group. As if that was not enough, they went ahead to clone his account( one of the scammers on the group changed his username to his) and made several posts on how the deal was highly successful, all in a bid to deceive others in the group. It's hightime telegram puts stringent measures in other to check the activities of these notorious scammers as they are spreading like wide fire.

It’s the responsibility of the Telegram Community Manager to recognize these fraudulent activities, minimize the nuisance, and improve group security going forward. Yes, weeding out bad actors and scouring away unwanted communications is time-consuming. However, a number of effective security measures exist for vigilant channel moderators who want help in fighting the good fight.
Post automatically merged:

It’s the responsibility of the Telegram Community Manager to recognize these fraudulent activities, minimize the nuisance, and improve group security going forward. Yes, weeding out bad actors and scouring away unwanted communications is time-consuming. However, a number of effective security measures exist for vigilant channel moderators who want help in fighting the good fight.

I don't think telegram should be responsible for the many scam on it's platform because there a lot of scam on social media. Scam is the other of the day in all social media platforms. That is why we should try to make our password a more secured one.

I don't think they should be held responsible as they don't have control on what the user is doing, but they should rather imposed stricter rules to avoid such thing. Anyway, I've never really used telegram so I don't know exactly how it works.

Seriously, telegram has turn out to be another thing entirely.
You just get to know they have added you to one group or the other, telling you of mouth watering advantage that it is even too good to be true.
In most cases I report and leave most of those groups.

Telegram should not be held responsible. Telegram only provide a platform, you can't hold them responsible for how people chooses to use it. But then again, Telegram will have to put a measure in place to reduce the rate of scam on its platform.

If they don't do that... People will gradually look for another platform that will create a safe heaven for them.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back