What's new

Should an item be returned for full refund even if it's already been used?

It is not going to be fair on the business owner if people can be able to return things just like that after it has already been used no matter what as they should only be able to ask for another product.

I think that is what reputable businesses do. But like I stated before, it depends on the kind of product in which you are selling. If it is a perishable product then it cannot be returned.
Normally if you are buying perishable products , you will always make a thorough check on the products to see if it worth buying or not. But we can't do the same in electronics gadgets.

Normally if you are buying perishable products , you will always make a thorough check on the products to see if it worth buying or not. But we can't do the same in electronics gadgets.
Yeah, in terms of electronic gadgets and someone others, it is actually returnable because it comes with warranty. If you are not the one that spoilt it then it will be changed for you if it is malfunctioning.

Yeah, in terms of electronic gadgets and someone others, it is actually returnable because it comes with warranty. If you are not the one that spoilt it then it will be changed for you if it is malfunctioning.
But most times if you're returning electronic gadgets to most of these wholesalers , they may not likely wants to get it from you. Most of them will ask that you return it to the manufacturing company which in some cases is not always in your own country.

There is no time limit you can return items new or used for a full refund. You don't have to worry about whether it's worth returning for a full refund.

But most times if you're returning electronic gadgets to most of these wholesalers , they may not likely wants to get it from you. Most of them will ask that you return it to the manufacturing company which in some cases is not always in your own country.
I've actually not seen a situation like that before. Some of the electronic gadgets we have in our house were actually bought with guarantee from the wholesaler. If anything happens to it the wholesaler have to change it with another one.

Well a product can be returned to the production company most especially when the goods are not supplied in good conditions but a refund will be very difficult when such goods has been used already.

I'm not in support of returning items that have been used already . It is not a good practice because It may affect the profitability of the business
Returning an item that is already used is not the best thing to do because it will amount to a colossal loss for the owner of the business.
If it has not been used it would have been a different ball game.

Returning an item that is already used is not the best thing to do because it will amount to a colossal loss for the owner of the business.
If it has not been used it would have been a different ball game.
Returning an item that is used already is not the best practices and must be avoided as much as possible by the owner of the business.
If the item has not been used, it is still better.

We have a store here in the States called Walmart (perhaps it's worldwide) but their return policy has always been pretty lenient. I've seen customers return items, even clothing, that have obviously been used or worn without the price tag still attached, but in the customer's hand. They will accept and refund items without a receipt if the customer has some kind of proof that it was purchased in the store.
What are your thoughts on this?
This is extremely lenient on their part, I will not lie to you. This policy might not be the best because as a human race, many will take advantage and use the products to their satisfaction for a period and then hand it over, claiming money as well. Thus, the goods are then semi-used and this means the price will surely depreciate

This is extremely lenient on their part, I will not lie to you. This policy might not be the best because as a human race, many will take advantage and use the products to their satisfaction for a period and then hand it over, claiming money as well. Thus, the goods are then semi-used and this means the price will surely depreciate
Or worse yet, items being RE-sold to unknowing customers, having no idea they are buying a used item, especially if it still appears new. At least at thrift shops and garage sales, you're fully aware the items are used, and you know what to expect. It's more honest.

There is no time limit you can return items new or used for a full refund. You don't have to worry about whether it's worth returning for a full refund.
Some stores do have a limit, and/or rules. I can tell you a store called Meijer here in the States will not allow you to return an item that is too damaged, or was purchased many months ago, especially without proof of receipt or price tags. Walmart is a lot more lenient.

Or worse yet, items being RE-sold to unknowing customers, having no idea they are buying a used item, especially if it still appears new. At least at thrift shops and garage sales, you're fully aware the items are used, and you know what to expect. It's more honest.
I would be livid as a customer if I later knew I had purchased semi-used goods at a price akin to that of a brand new product. I agree with your point and it seems as though they are slightly swindling customers with this policy especially considering the quality of the product has inevitably dropped following its usage

Returning an item that is used already is not the best practices and must be avoided as much as possible by the owner of the business.
If the item has not been used, it is still better.
I think every business venture and every item has its conditions. There are some that will allow you to return an item or a product you have bought before and there are some that would allow you use. So it is important to check the kind of business you are doing it.

Well regarding such topic should an item be returned for full refund even when it has already been used, if it is in my country that can not happen at all except there is a warrant.

I think that is what reputable businesses do. But like I stated before, it depends on the kind of product in which you are selling. If it is a perishable product then it cannot be returned.

Some products are bad in the sense that they become bad even before expiry date and this could mean that when an annoyed customers return the item back, it could incur loss for the company.

It's not good that an item should be returned and expecting a full refund of it though it's customers right but if I happened to be a manager I won't accept such because I will makes all goods are supplied in good conditions.

I've actually not seen a situation like that before. Some of the electronic gadgets we have in our house were actually bought with guarantee from the wholesaler. If anything happens to it the wholesaler have to change it with another one.
Though sometimes it might depends on location and even if you have to return these products , the whole seller might still believe that the reason for the problem might be from your carelessness.

Some products are bad in the sense that they become bad even before expiry date and this could mean that when an annoyed customers return the item back, it could incur loss for the company.
Personally I think any company that offers his customers bad goods or products at the time of delivery then I think the management are incapable of there duty because definitely such goods will be returned back.

Though sometimes it might depends on location and even if you have to return these products , the whole seller might still believe that the reason for the problem might be from your carelessness.
Of course the wholesaler will always check the product well to make sure that it is not your fault. If it is your fault then it will not be changed but if it is from the company it will be changed.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back