What's new

Should an item be returned for full refund even if it's already been used?

Melanie M

Paragon Member
1000 Posts Club
Jun 23, 2021
USD
$0.9200USD
Biznotes
We have a store here in the States called Walmart (perhaps it's worldwide) but their return policy has always been pretty lenient. I've seen customers return items, even clothing, that have obviously been used or worn without the price tag still attached, but in the customer's hand. They will accept and refund items without a receipt if the customer has some kind of proof that it was purchased in the store.
What are your thoughts on this?

Well, sometimes it depends and if I am in position, I dont have to accept the return of goods used by customers under some circumstances unless when they product is not supplied in due time.

I think a full refund must be offered to the customer if they inform you within 7 days of receiving an item that they want to cancel.

I don't think am item should be returned after it has already been used because, it will no longer be new again since it have been worn or used, who will then buy it from the store?

Well, a refund is not just about the money, it's a gesture of goodwill. So, my answer is yes. It lets you know that the company values your business, and it shows that they're willing to go the extra mile to keep it. So if an item has already been used, in my opinion, you shouldn't have to worry about whether it's worth returning for a full refund. In my experience, companies are usually pretty understanding about things like this, so long as you let them know right away so they can fix whatever went wrong.

Everything is based on terms and conditions. I don't know about cloth but I've phone that have already been used for close to a months returned and the returnee was refunded. Some product have terms and conditions that allow their customers to return the goods they bought from, even if they've used it.

The point is that we don't have any idea about the reason they have returned the product , There's a reasons for doing so. From that reason is what we can know if it is the right thing to do or not. Materials will definitely be returned because of some reasons.

Actually there are items that once used for a short period of time it can be returned and your money will be refund. Though it is not apply to all items or products bought.

The point is that we don't have any idea about the reason they have returned the product , There's a reasons for doing so. From that reason is what we can know if it is the right thing to do or not. Materials will definitely be returned because of some reasons.

Well, many shopkeepers or companies may not return things once you have opened the seal or packaging of the product, even if you have not used it at all, so it all depends.

Actually it's possible and very good that a full refund should be made to customers after reporting within 7 working days. these is not only to satisfy the customers but also for the sake of your business name.

It may not be possible sometimes , it depends on the business organisation. Every manufacturing companies and stores have their own rules and regulations for customers who are buying products . You have to first of all understand what are the conditions needed for refundment of product in where you are buying

It may not be possible sometimes , it depends on the business organisation. Every manufacturing companies and stores have their own rules and regulations for customers who are buying products . You have to first of all understand what are the conditions needed for refundment of product in where you are buying

It also depends on the packaging of the products as well. Some companies manufacture sealed packed products and once the seal is opened, the product cannot be returned.

Actually it's possible and very good that a full refund should be made to customers after reporting within 7 working days. these is not only to satisfy the customers but also for the sake of your business name.
On the part of the business owner, it is always good and advisable for a full refund to be made, but on the part of the consumer who has actually used part the products, you shouldn't expect a full payment.

There is usually warranty terms and conditions but I think that a new item should be sent to the person if the fault has to do with the manufacturer and not them.

There is usually warranty terms and conditions but I think that a new item should be sent to the person if the fault has to do with the manufacturer and not them.
To normal practice is that once a an item is default it has to be returned and the store should replace it ..it could be a very good marketing strategy . The customer will keep coming back to buy things from your store because it will restore their confidence.

To normal practice is that once a an item is default it has to be returned and the store should replace it ..it could be a very good marketing strategy . The customer will keep coming back to buy things from your store because it will restore their confidence.
Yes, it is always going to be a good marketing strategy because the customer is going to be rest assured that if anything happens then they can always get another product for free.

It also depends on the packaging of the products as well. Some companies manufacture sealed packed products and once the seal is opened, the product cannot be returned.
Yes that is another thing that could also be put into consideration. Sometimes it is better for us to choose and get the right product at once then to rely on returning the products because most of the time it may not work.

Yes, it is always going to be a good marketing strategy because the customer is going to be rest assured that if anything happens then they can always get another product for free.
The most important thing is that if the customer is returning the goods and services and you are receiving them back , because the item has a default, this what will make them come back to business to buy things from you again.

For me, I do not think I can return an item that I've already used. If I had not used it, it would have been a different ball game but because I have opened it and used it , ido not want to return it because I'm an enterpreneur too.

Well there are some items most especially things or stuffs been ordered online that could be returned immediately once the warrant is not yet over but it do not happen in all cases.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back