Quality Vs quantity for a forum

Claraviolet

Addicted Member
1000 Posts Club
Jun 19, 2015
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
What is more important for a forum? Is it quality that is important for a forum to gain popularity? Or is it quantity? For a blog, I am sure quality should be given the first preference but when it comes to forum, is it still the same?

For a forum, should we focus more on quantity to make the forum more active and attract new users? Or do we need to make sure to give more importance to quality just like blogs and other websites?

What are your opinions on this topic?

i believe in quality over quantity, as i know you would achieve more with quality over quantity, quantity would not stand the test of time but quality will, and also it would attract the right crowd.

As much as quantity is important (lots of users need to keep visiting the site), quality must not be trivialized. Users will not appreciate a boring or shabby forum environment where things aren't organized. So the both go hand in hand.

As much as I think yiu are running any form of business, you should always try to consider quality than quantity because it's the only that can help in promoting your business among people of the society.

I favor quality over quantity because I know you can accomplish more that way. Quality also attracts the right kind of people and will endure over time, whereas quantity won't.

I believe quality is more important than quantity in a forum. It should be the amount of words that matters but instead, it should be what a little amount of word can impact into the users.

Quality for sure. Quantity is nice, but if you have quantity over the quality, you might have issues with spam, and poor quality posts from users. Some of the best forums out there, have quality over quantity. Some forums have small followings, yet have dedicated users who stay for years or more. If it's a forum that provides rich content for users to eat up, it will likely be the more successful forum.

Actually quality is more preferable than quantity of which quantity is just to motivate people or even members but it can not give them what can satisfy there needs or demand. give your best is the most important needed of a forum.

As much as quantity is important (lots of users need to keep visiting the site), quality must not be trivialized. Users will not appreciate a boring or shabby forum environment where things aren't organized. So the both go hand in hand.
That is why forums owners should have a very strong team that would checkmate what users are posting daily on the forum, this would help to bring a lot of sanity on the forum.

That is why forums owners should have a very strong team that would checkmate what users are posting daily on the forum, this would help to bring a lot of sanity on the forum.
I quite agree with you. There's the need for a strong team that's why I advocate that that the resources needed to start a forum aren't as small as most people are portraying it to be. It takes a whole lot.

As much as I think yiu are running any form of business, you should always try to consider quality than quantity because it's the only that can help in promoting your business among people of the society.
Getting this kind of customers can really help your business as they tend to spend higher than the lower people of the society and you can also get this kind of people by offering quality products.

What is more important for a forum? Is it quality that is important for a forum to gain popularity? Or is it quantity? For a blog, I am sure quality should be given the first preference but when it comes to forum, is it still the same?

For a forum, should we focus more on quantity to make the forum more active and attract new users? Or do we need to make sure to give more importance to quality just like blogs and other websites?

I think that quality is more important than quantity when it comes to forums because the content needs to be informative rather than just waffling. Looking at just quantity decreases the authenticity of the forum

It is generally better to focus on quality over quantity when it comes to a forum. A forum with a small number of well-written, informative posts is generally more valuable than a forum with a large number of poorly written or spammy posts. This is because the main purpose of a forum is to provide a platform for people to share information and engage in meaningful discussions. If the content of the forum is low quality, it is less likely that people will want to participate or return to the forum in the future.

On the other hand, a forum with a large number of high-quality posts can be a valuable resource for people seeking information or looking to engage in meaningful discussions. In this case, the quantity of posts can actually enhance the value of the forum, as it provides a wealth of information for people to explore and learn from.

Ultimately, the most important factor is to ensure that the content of the forum is relevant, informative, and respectful. If a forum is able to achieve this, the number of posts becomes less important.

I never run after the number, I always strive for quality. That's why I do not have a lot of posts on my forums. Getting organic traffic is my main concern, and you need quality content to get organic traffic.

In my opinion quality is way more important because a lot of users don't want buggy boring forum so they won't stay in the forum for long and the forum will soon die but of course quantity is also very important to keep forum in good form

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back