What's new

Pension on hold for 3 years

I'm just saying that all governments, developed or not, should value public employees. When they complete their years of service, they do not have the same agility to go about taking documents and thus completing the necessary requirements, for a benefit that from the first day of work corresponds to them by right. The must be, is that reaching retirement and receiving your pension, without having to wait years.
You’re right! Right from the day a public servant starts working, the government makes deductions from their salaries into their contributory account. This money is deducted each month during the working years. I see no reason why pension should Ben delayed for retirees. It’s their money and their right

This is not good at all. This is why most retirees are desperate to open small scale businesses instead depending only on their pension. You never know what might happen especially if you live in a country with incompetent government.

You’re right! Right from the day a public servant starts working, the government makes deductions from their salaries into their contributory account. This money is deducted each month during the working years. I see no reason why pension should Ben delayed for retirees. It’s their money and their right
As you are commenting, I always hear and I read that in many countries the issue of the pension is very complex, there are always complaints about it. If the government is the contractor and has the employee's resume, they should already have everything ready in their system pending retirement and prompt pension payment.

Most government officials are corrupt and they might have diverted that woman pension fund into their own personal account because that's what they mostly do. The woman just need to keep pressing on the issue and even if the woman did something bad at least she suppose to have been informed instead not paying without any reason.

She didn't have to do anything wrong, the system is just broken. I realized that when you have connections things are much easier. Someone got her gratuity paid in just about 2 years after retirement at her request while there is a long queue of others with many years of retirement that haven't been paid.
When you leave your employer, you do not lose the benefits you have built up in a pension and the pension fund belongs to you. As with all pensions, you have several options available to you when you leave your employment. You can either leave the funds invested in the current scheme until you decide to draw on it at a later date or you can transfer it either to personal pension plan or to your new workplace pension, if the rules allow it.

When we left church on Sunday, one of my mum's Friend who retired 4 years ago came to visit us at home and was complaining about her pension not been approved by the federal government for the past 3 years and that she has done everything to get it but they keep turning her elsewhere.

My mum had to call some of her friends in the office and asked them to do some findings about her friend case code my mum pension was paid in due time without much hasle.

What do you guys think should be the problem, or did she do something wrong before she retired or what and what can she do to get her pension.
I don't need to talk about this too much because it's a norm in my country. Pensions are never paid to those who are supposed to be paid even up to 10 years. Some would keep going to see if they will be paid till some of them die and those in power will steal their pension.

My heart gets broken anytime I hear stories like this how can someone sacrifice their time energy and lives for working for a sector and at the end they do not get the adequate remuneration for their work it’s very sad that’s why I always advice people to save their pensions with trusted pensioners at the end your know that your money is coming coming to you immediately the time is ripe

When you leave your employer, you do not lose the benefits you have built up in a pension and the pension fund belongs to you. As with all pensions, you have several options available to you when you leave your employment. You can either leave the funds invested in the current scheme until you decide to draw on it at a later date or you can transfer it either to personal pension plan or to your new workplace pension, if the rules allow it.
Yeah, I agree and I think it works that way almost everywhere. However, in situations where pensions and gratuities are owed (public sector retirees) which happens a lot in some developing or under developed countries, you would be amazed at what strong connections can do.

Yeah, I agree and I think it works that way almost everywhere. However, in situations where pensions and gratuities are owed (public sector retirees) which happens a lot in some developing or under developed countries, you would be amazed at what strong connections can do.
Seriously, it's painful how the structure of our government ministries work. Each department always look at taking what doesn't belong to them but simply because there is nothing anyone can do to stop, they will keep on doing it. Just like you mentioned, it's all about connections that will get you paid your pension when it's supposed to.

Seriously, it's painful how the structure of our government ministries work. Each department always look at taking what doesn't belong to them but simply because there is nothing anyone can do to stop, they will keep on doing it. Just like you mentioned, it's all about connections that will get you paid your pension when it's supposed to.
Yeah mate. The system is so bad and it just breaks me when I hear of old retirees sitting outside of pension offices for days under the sun and rain just for capturing or some payment protests. They sure do not deserve such for dedicating the better part of their lives working for their countries.

Yeah mate. The system is so bad and it just breaks me when I hear of old retirees sitting outside of pension offices for days under the sun and rain just for capturing or some payment protests. They sure do not deserve such for dedicating the better part of their lives working for their countries.
My friend's mother stayed up to 10 years after her retirement before she got her pension. Can you imagine what would have been her fate if there no other source of income for the family when she retired and never got her pension for 10 years? It would be death no doubt.

Outside a scenario of a corrupt system , o e is entitled to receive his or her pension at most two months after retirement. Perhaps she didn't follow the right approach when before she retired ,which made her pension to be an issue . She can still go the ministry to find out things herself.

When we left church on Sunday, one of my mum's Friend who retired 4 years ago came to visit us at home and was complaining about her pension not been approved by the federal government for the past 3 years and that she has done everything to get it but they keep turning her elsewhere.

My mum had to call some of her friends in the office and asked them to do some findings about her friend case code my mum pension was paid in due time without much hasle.

What do you guys think should be the problem, or did she do something wrong before she retired or what and what can she do to get her pension.
She does not made any mistakes, there may be some errors and faults in the govt system. She should submit the required documents with proper arrangement to the Head office of his department and ask for her issue to be resolved as soon as possible.

When it comes to pension, some times the government takes decision, they can decide when and how to pay pensioners, but if it's something that is done orderly and by arrengment nobody deserve late payment I tell you, even the so called politicians if you owe them three month salary can they survive

I think the matter has gotten out if hand, she really needs to review some of her documents which is related to pension or may be she needs to take the company to court because its not good at all, i don't know how she is coping.

It is very saddening to hear that government refused to pay pensioners for over 3 years. Most of these people are helplessly helpless because that is the only means of livelihood in old age. Bad pension administration has to be curved.
The story behind pension collection In Nigeria is so devastating when you see aged men and women who are supposed to be at home resting after serving diligently for years, being subjected to different stress and annihilation from pension payers. Anyways, recently in my state, a governor has turned the story around by paying pensioners with his own salary.
Post automatically merged:

It is very saddening to hear that government refused to pay pensioners for over 3 years. Most of these people are helplessly helpless because that is the only means of livelihood in old age. Bad pension administration has to be curved.
The story behind pension collection In Nigeria is so devastating when you see aged men and women who are supposed to be at home resting after serving diligently for years, being subjected to different stress and annihilation from pension payers. Anyways, recently in my state, a governor has turned the story around by paying pensioners with his own salary.

It is very possible that she has done something wrong that is why her pension is on hold or sometimes it might be a complication of file in the agency. She has to work hard before the issue will be resolved.

This is very possible in a developed country. The government over there care less about the employees let alone the pensioners. The victim should only write the authority in charge in order to sort it out.
this is also possible in developing countries like Nigeria sometimes workers have been on pensions for 3 years and they're not being paid do you see me have occurred due to one area or the other during their registration or process of pension schemes but sometimes can be rectified.

Pension can be delay if the person didn't start on time to work on it can take someone too long to get he/ her to get your pension paid, the good thing there is to start on time to work for it.

Wow. This is just a act of pure wickedness meted on his old retired woman. This is the kind of injustice people face after working their whole life for an entity sometimes. She should get a good lawyer on probonno to pick up her case please

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back