What's new

Nigeria to suspend Twitter 'indefinitely'

The ban is really causing a lot of issues to use , i just wish the citizens could come out and protest against the ban , because many people are loosing money on a daily too
This is really affecting individual citizens alot. They should come up and protest about it. This ban may not have looked at the many benefits that Twitter had to individual citizens and even to other big organizations.

This is really affecting individual citizens alot. They should come up and protest about it. This ban may not have looked at the many benefits that Twitter had to individual citizens and even to other big organizations.
Exactly. Because businesses are going to be most affected if this ban continues. People are already loosing revenue and counting loses. This has to stop immidiately

Clueless bunch of you ask me, being a Nigerian at this time is sad, because with the way things are going now things might get out of hand if proper care is not taken
Nigeria has actually suspended Twitter indefinitely but the citizen of the country are still assessing Twitter with the use of VPN.

You have used the right word "dictatorship" How can someone threaten to kill publicly. You cannot kill your political opponent. This is wrong, but this guy is nuts.
How I wish you are truly in my country to know the extent to which this man has deteriorated the functions of this country. The worst part is that he isn't bringing anything to the country but he is busy destroying the country.

Before the Claus of twitter closuren in Nigerian was about twitter removing a post , but the latest post and news now is that the Nigerian government want Twitter to be paying tax for the Nigerian government.
I know the suspension won't last for a long time because the pressure from people will make the government to turn back on its decision. I don't a tangible reason why the entire company has to be banned because of the feud that happened between them and just a single person, not everyone is being affected from the decision.

Nigeria has actually suspended Twitter indefinitely but the citizen of the country are still assessing Twitter with the use of VPN.
Yeah with VPN Nigerians still have access to Twitter although some people are saying the new update for iPhones doesn't need VPN to work so far so good

They can't do worst than just a mere ban by words. People have a lot to lose if they don't find a way to access their twitter account. They in the government are just bunch of selfish entities

The tweet was removed because it violated the rules of Twitter. The Nigeria government claimed that twitter is more or less an IPOB social media handle and that they've been supporting IPOB all the way
This is just an silly excuse by the Nigerian government. One thing i have noticed about this recent government is that they want to be in control of everything. Whatever fails to bow to them is either tagged as IPOB, hoodlums or criminals

This is actually a very funny development by the government who do not care about how their careless decisions is going to place a lot of people out of jobs because of ego.

This should be reversed and apologies be made indefinitely and unequivocally those Nigerians whose businesses were affected on this note which to begin with makes no common sense
This sounds logical and good but do you think Nigeria government have a heart for her citizens. Sincerely, they do not care to know what consequences their actions would bring to a noble citizen.

Most is not all members and the citizen of the country are suffering for the things we know nothing about, personally it has been affecting my sources of income online since I can't acces my Twitter account.

this is just a temporary suspension because I don't see anything that the Twitter has done that could deserves the banning, even with that a lot of people here in Nigeria are still using Twitter conveniently either with a VPN or other ways I do not know.

I don't think that Nigeria government suspend Twitter because them cannot try it, because if them do that them will make things very difficult.

Funny of those clowns they think they will always be able to corner the people from spreading the word and the truth about the government .It's really sad been a Nigeria actually the country seems like a joke stage .

Clueless bunch of you ask me, being a Nigerian at this time is sad, because with the way things are going now things might get out of hand if proper care is not taken
This is definitely a bad idea and also restricting of the fundamental right of freedom of speech and expression of the citizen of the Nation but not with standing measures have been put in place to discuss the next proceedings of how this problem can be solved.

What a funny and very foolish analysis for the government to be making that Twitter is or has become a supporter of ipop. They obviously have nothing better to do in their offices i surpose

What a funny and very foolish analysis for the government to be making that Twitter is or has become a supporter of ipop. They obviously have nothing better to do in their offices i surpose
I think there might be more behind the news. Otherwise why would anyone ban Twitter out of a sudden. The government must be preparing for something. Other news may follow soon.

Most of us that are also from are most surprised about the new thing from the Nigeria government.The reason something like that was done is still not even clear or does not even sounds well to most Nigerian

This is definitely a bad idea and also restricting of the fundamental right of freedom of speech and expression of the citizen of the Nation but not with standing measures have been put in place to discuss the next proceedings of how this problem can be solved.
Indeed it's definitely a bad idea and they are just restricting out fundamental rights, so the earlier they put a stop to this charade the better because they are blocking some people's business too

I wonder why Twitter had to be suspended just because a tweet of their president was removed? That happened to Donald Trump several times or maybe many times and his Twitter account was even suspended. Who is losing in this game of suspension? It is not Twitter but the Nigerians.
You're right. A lot of us promote our services on Twitter and get patronized, but this ban has ruined everything and we are suffering already.

Newest Directory Listings

• Featured
Vicky1225
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
Expand your business scale with over 200 million clean IP addresses, stellar features, and affordable prices provided by 922S5Proxy.
Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
Comments
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
Back