What's new

Nigeria to suspend Twitter 'indefinitely'

• Thread starter Deleted member 403
  • Start date
Well this is a funny government, with funny leaders and even funny government policies thou the number of citizens can not tell the main reason behind such actions and why the adoption of such action but I definitely believe there most be a reason behind that either for general well good or for person goodness of the leaders.

Soon Nigeria will ban Bizdustry!
Lol. Are you throwing jab on Nigeria? Seriously the government got this wrong. A country that is killing social media is indirectly denying her citizens of freedom of speech.
Post automatically merged:

even with this there are some Nigerians that are still opening and using Twitter although I don't know how they do it but there's some that ve been using it,they are just trying to bring up rules they themselves will not be able to keep for a long time.
Those people that you do see their tweet are using VPN. Though the attorney General of the federation has directed that people using VPN should be apprehended, it is not possible.

they are not even serious about the crime and insecurities that is happening in the country, they are not ready to take action in that one but they are ready to take action on something that will not affect the economy or change the life of people positively.
True, they claim ignorance to these things and do as they like, standard of living has been reduced since the admiration of this present government, there have been no reasonable development

The ban is really causing a lot of issues to use , i just wish the citizens could come out and protest against the ban , because many people are loosing money on a daily too

I know the suspension won't last for a long time because the pressure from people will make the government to turn back on its decision. I don't a tangible reason why the entire company has to be banned because of the feud that happened between them and just a single person, not everyone is being affected from the decision.
The ban will be lifted soon enough considering the millions being lost because if the ban according to recent news. The government just has to change its stance on this foolishness.

The swift effectiveness of the ban is what is really disturbing and sad even as we have a lot of unfinished and abandoned projects in the country but still they are effecting useless bans.

The suspension will not last as people are having businesses they run on Twitter and the government cannot compensate them for it if they permanently ban twitter

I know the suspension won't last for a long time because the pressure from people will make the government to turn back on its decision. I don't a tangible reason why the entire company has to be banned because of the feud that happened between them and just a single person, not everyone is being affected from the decision.
Yes, that single person is a leader and the error from the leader affects all. I'm not happy seeing Twitter banning Nigerians indefinite. I just hope the decision is overturned.

The ban is really causing a lot of issues to use , i just wish the citizens could come out and protest against the ban , because many people are loosing money on a daily too
This is also my greatest concern with the banning of Twitter by this very Buhari government. He doesn't know that this his ban is affecting businesses and also affecting the government agency too.

I just hope this Twitter ban get rescinded and the country citizens get underway marketing their business again using twitter. Twitter is one of the best social media to advertise business, and promote important stuffs.

It is quite unthinkable for a government not to consider the possible negative consequences of its intended action on its people before embarking on such action. The Nigerian government should do well to reverse it's action on twitter for the good of its citizens.

They are just wasting their time because even though they have stop Twitter in Nigeria but even with this there are a lot of people that still have access to Twitter,this is a serious misplaced priority because I don't see this as the main problem of Nigeria.
Post automatically merged:

True, they claim ignorance to these things and do as they like, standard of living has been reduced since the admiration of this present government, there have been no reasonable development
I don't just know what is happening to the Nigerian government because all these things and all the bad image we have been having in foreign country is caused by bad government of the country, if they're really serious to stop corruption they will definitely do.

Last edited:
Agreed. We must not tolerate hate speech. The president tweeted hate message, that's why twitter removed his tweet. They had done the same thing to Donald Trump
Social media are against spreading of hate speech, not just common people even the big names are banned for using hate speech. When someone threatens to kill, there is nothing except to close the account.

Social media are against spreading of hate speech, not just common people even the big names are banned for using hate speech. When someone threatens to kill, there is nothing except to close the account.
The fact that the president of Nigeria became so agitated when his hate speech was removed by Twitter is a sign of dictatorship and so I would say that Nigeria need to walk back to democracy by removing this man from office.

The suspension will not last as people are having businesses they run on Twitter and the government cannot compensate them for it if they permanently ban twitter
I saw one information of the country loosing more revenue. Because of the twitter ban and it have. Been a very big issue in the country growth

Soon Nigeria will ban Bizdustry!
Funny but the fact is that the situation of things in the country is not something funny at all. The present government are clueless and do not know how to tackle the challenges in the country .

The fact that the president of Nigeria became so agitated when his hate speech was removed by Twitter is a sign of dictatorship and so I would say that Nigeria need to walk back to democracy by removing this man from office.
You have used the right word "dictatorship" How can someone threaten to kill publicly. You cannot kill your political opponent. This is wrong, but this guy is nuts.

There must be a valid reason behind this ban. Though, it is highly expected to be a political reason, but for that financial loss will occur, hampering the economy.

People still access to the Twitter page using VPN. They have a way of going around it to do what they need to get done on their Twitter handle because their business is tied to this platform.

The tweet was removed because it violated the rules of Twitter. The Nigeria government claimed that twitter is more or less an IPOB social media handle and that they've been supporting IPOB all the way

Newest Directory Listings

Esimbuy.org is an innovative online platform that specializes in e-SIM products and services. As e-SIM technology continues to gain popularity for its flexibility and convenience, Esimbuy.org provides users with easy access to this modern solution
Off Topix is the best general discussion community around!
Back