What's new

Nigeria to suspend Twitter 'indefinitely'

• Thread starter Deleted member 403
  • Start date
Twitter is an American company, when it can ban its own president, they can ban anyone if you are spreading hatred. IN the name of free speech you cannot spread hate speech

Twitter is an American company, when it can ban its own president, they can ban anyone if you are spreading hatred. IN the name of free speech you cannot spread hate speech
Agreed. We must not tolerate hate speech. The president tweeted hate message, that's why twitter removed his tweet. They had done the same thing to Donald Trump

I believe the Nigerian government didn't think this through. A lot of Nigerians are doing legitimate businesses on twitter and this ban could lead to economic downtime for Nigerians whose business solely relies on Twitter.

Clueless bunch of you ask me, being a Nigerian at this time is sad, because with the way things are going now things might get out of hand if proper care is not taken
You got it right, they have lost sight of their goals and what they should be focus on. Recently news came up about how so many students where kidnapped, most of the parents had to sell their homes and property just so they could pay the ransom. Yet the government did notting. There have high cases of insecurity, the government refuses to do something. Yet they quickly take action on a tweet😰

You got it right, they have lost sight of their goals and what they should be focus on. Recently news came up about how so many students where kidnapped, most of the parents had to sell their homes and property just so they could pay the ransom. Yet the government did notting. There have high cases of insecurity, the government refuses to do something. Yet they quickly take action on a tweet😰
Their actions shows they are culpable because they are swift to take actions against igbos in the south but are doing nothing whatsoever to the kidnappers and killer herdsmen, it just shows they don't want to solve that problem

Their actions shows they are culpable because they are swift to take actions against igbos in the south but are doing nothing whatsoever to the kidnappers and killer herdsmen, it just shows they don't want to solve that problem
Exactly, they could take the needed action if they wanted too, but they choose not too, rather they place importance in things that are not necessarily needed.

Exactly, they could take the needed action if they wanted too, but they choose not too, rather they place importance in things that are not necessarily needed.
Actions they say speaks louder than words, this current administration have nothing good in store for the citizens and with the way things are going now I hope things doesn't escalate more than this because it's looking like that

Agreed. We must not tolerate hate speech. The president tweeted hate message, that's why twitter removed his tweet. They had done the same thing to Donald Trump
Yes, no one tolerates hate speech, does he wants to ruin the business of another man with hate speeches?? I'm a Nigerian but i must say the truth that's not right with what our presido said.

That is so sad given how many people love Twitter. Some even use it as their main social media account and for business activities. That is a rather bad move by the government.

The Nigerian government has banned Twitter but I did not support the Nigerian government is going to be because the banning of Twitter is not a problem of Nigeria,this is just a misplaced priority and they should work on how to improve the economy of their country.

The Nigerian government has banned Twitter but I did not support the Nigerian government is going to be because the banning of Twitter is not a problem of Nigeria,this is just a misplaced priority and they should work on how to improve the economy of their country.
I so agree that the government has left important things and now focused on trivialities. Anyways, people are still going about their business on twitter one way or another.

That is what you get when you have a bunch of clueless people with misplaced priority. The Nigerian government who are insensitive to the plight of the people. There is so much killing going on in the country rather they prefer to ban we the citizens from using Twitter. It's really unfortunate.

even with this there are some Nigerians that are still opening and using Twitter although I don't know how they do it but there's some that ve been using it,they are just trying to bring up rules they themselves will not be able to keep for a long time.

I so agree that the government has left important things and now focused on trivialities. Anyways, people are still going about their business on twitter one way or another.

It is just a misplaced priority and that is what they are trying to do because I know that if they are really serious to stop this thing then they should just come and arrest those people that are using it, even with this a lot of people are still using it as you said.

Soon Nigeria will ban Bizdustry!
I am laughing now. My country Nigeria is full funny people and leaders. I could remember remember maybe last year or early this year. That Donald Trump posted a message that is against twitter policy. He was banned for that and nothing happened. How could my president plan to ban us from using twitter.

It is just a misplaced priority and that is what they are trying to do because I know that if they are really serious to stop this thing then they should just come and arrest those people that are using it, even with this a lot of people are still using it as you said.
You have indeed said it all, it is just misplaced priority, and its a pity, a government that cares much about petty and irrelevant things than human lives and safety

You have indeed said it all, it is just misplaced priority, and its a pity, a government that cares much about petty and irrelevant things than human lives and safety
they are not even serious about the crime and insecurities that is happening in the country, they are not ready to take action in that one but they are ready to take action on something that will not affect the economy or change the life of people positively.

Hmm, i wonder what the president said for him to see his twitter posts breaking rules and being halt Down. He isn't use his own shortcomings to worry others progress with the site.
I know the suspension won't last for a long time because the pressure from people will make the government to turn back on its decision. I don't a tangible reason why the entire company has to be banned because of the feud that happened between them and just a single person, not everyone is being affected from the decision.

Newest Directory Listings

Esimbuy.org is an innovative online platform that specializes in e-SIM products and services. As e-SIM technology continues to gain popularity for its flexibility and convenience, Esimbuy.org provides users with easy access to this modern solution
Off Topix is the best general discussion community around!
Back