What's new

Lockdowns: For or Against?

• Thread starter Deleted member 403
  • Start date
I will forever be greatlyfor the lockdown that pushed out my hidden talent , I was able to open a store after I lost my job to the lockdown , but i will be against any next lockdown because it really affect me negatively.

There are many people who are against lockdown because it is seriously affecting their business. I live in a Tier 3 country and no one can bear another lockdown, so the government has decided to never impose strict lockdown again.

Am going to speak for my country as i dont really know much about other countries in details. I am against any lockdown in my country, because the government in my country are not prepared for another lockdown, the last one affected our economy, so many people lost their jobs, so many died as well out of lack of care or food. The government promised to give out food but in the end they kept it to themselves. The money they where suppose to share to the people, they kept it for themselves as well. So lockdown is just another means for them to eat more money
Even without lockdown in my country as I type, people are dieing different attrocities are been committed everyday and the government are not moved a bit.

Even without lockdown in my country as I type, people are dieing different attrocities are been committed everyday and the government are not moved a bit.
What country is this please? It is also the same here at my location, there have been an increase in crime and death has become a common news that one must hear about daily, yet the government are doing Notting about it all

What country is this please? It is also the same here at my location, there have been an increase in crime and death has become a common news that one must hear about daily, yet the government are doing Notting about it all
My dear, I'm from the giant of Africa the one and only Nigeria, all you said is the same situation over here, a lot of the abled body young people are relocating out of the country.

My dear, I'm from the giant of Africa the one and only Nigeria, all you said is the same situation over here, a lot of the abled body young people are relocating out of the country.
LoL I guess it would be the same because I was also talking about Nigeria. So many things are going wrong, yet the government has made no move to amend it, yet the go about placing bans on crypto and twitter.

Yes we are hoping that everything is going to be alright soon. That is right let us continue to maintain social distancing and wearing of mask. The covid situation in our country is increasing due to a more contagious variant called the delta variant of coronavirus.
Maintaining social distance and wearing a face mask and also using a hand sanitizer is a good way of avoiding the spread of the virus, its adviseable to continue following the rules .

Provided that people are going to adhere strictly to the rules and regulation of the lockdown then I think there's nothing wrong with enforcing them.

I personally hated lock down, was literally in prison. But if this lock down aided to reduce the number of cases of covid 19 it wasn't so bad. If anything it was for my own good

The Philippines is now in an ironic situation regarding the pandemic. The authorities have lifted the lockdown while the daily cases are rising to 20,000 on the average. the 2 weeks of lockdown last month had no effect and now they are planning to implement the granular lockdown which is locking a selected community with many covid cases. Oh well, let us wait and see.
I agree with you. The situation in the Philippines is very ironic. The authorities is changing their minds.

LoL I guess it would be the same because I was also talking about Nigeria. So many things are going wrong, yet the government has made no move to amend it, yet the go about placing bans on crypto and twitter.
My fellow Nigerian, nice meeting you, it saddening that of all the bad occurrences happening in the country with no solution worth soever all they could take seriously was banning crypto and twitter knowing fully well people make a living of these things.

The Philippines is now in an ironic situation regarding the pandemic. The authorities have lifted the lockdown while the daily cases are rising to 20,000 on the average. the 2 weeks of lockdown last month had no effect and now they are planning to implement the granular lockdown which is locking a selected community with many covid cases. Oh well, let us wait and see.
Inasmuch as the pandemic is surging in several countries of the world but I still believe that there is a way that the government of which countries can better manage this crisis without actually sitting down the whole country and this is why anything's some Strict rules so that people can go about their daily business is without crumbling the economic activities that everyone depends on to survive.

I am against lockdowns government will just have to find other ways of curbing the virus because the community has to develop how does development happen when everything is on pause there needs to be change of tactics to curb the virus I am against lockdowns

I'm for and I'm against. I explain better: I'm for lockdown in the case of useless crowding as happens in the discos, cinemas and parties. In Latin America people still die cause Delta variant. But in my area, in spite of Delta variant, parties go on. I'm against lockdown touching commerce. In this case, if people don't die cause coronavirus, would die cause hunger. As pandemic event became very much longer as foreseen (in the beginning of 2020 it was assumed it would last 3 months, while now authorities understood coronavirus will last forever as the annual 'flu, even in the future not so dangerous as today), it's impossible to lockdown all commerce until the ceasing of the event or it will be a complete disaster. About schools and churches: I'm against, but proper caution is necessary: mask, thermometer and sanitizer.

Well, I think when it comes to the issue of lockdown I think that it would be very very bad if the government should issue another lockdown. With all the negative economic implications of the previous lockdown, I wouldn't recommend it at all.
The government is not even ready to issue another lockdown order too because they were also affected during the last lockdown, debts increased, bailouts increased and inflation went high and they do not want inflation to rise much

I agree. I think it serves both parties that businesses should remain the same, even with this new delta variant. I guess that is why some countries are making it compulsory for their citizens to be vaccinated.

Provided that people are going to adhere strictly to the rules and regulation of the lockdown then I think there's nothing wrong with enforcing them.
Well lockdowns are a very good way to prevent the coronavirus from multiplying and causing more illnesses that will probably lead to death but at the same time it's a bad policies because the way it is now it seem as if the coronavirus is not going away anytime soon so the best thing that any sensible government should do is to implement guidelines and regulations that will guide people's movement.

If lockdowns are successfully able to control the spread of covid 19 , its definitely necessary to impose lockdown. Because there are also alternative jobs that the people can do sitting in home for time being.
If lockdown it is for the best interest of the citizen then it is okay but if it's not for the best interest of the citizens then I will say I'm not in support.

I will just advise that we should allow the government to decide what is good for the citizen because they are the one that are indirectly In for us,if they say we should go on lockdown it is also for our own good

If lockdown it is for the best interest of the citizen then it is okay but if it's not for the best interest of the citizens then I will say I'm not in support.
Usually the government should look into the majority opinion instead of taking their own decisions because it's the citizens who voted and brought them into power , so lockdown has to be citizen oriented decision rather than government who can also do everything for corruption and earn money.

Yeah it helped us to earn money online , give more ideas on online earning opportunities, this has been the positive effect of the first lockdown. Off course, even I don't like second lockdown.

The government in here are no longer imposing lockdown. This is understandable because people were having a really hard time eaning their earnings daily. I am not against lockdowns. But an excessive lockdown is not something that I would favour for.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back