What's new

Is it advisable to pursue a higher education while managing a business?

Yeah, everything works perfectly through adequate planning. One can still handle both education and business at the same time. I don't see any harm in doing business and studying at same time. Cos money is needed in life, we use money to go to school.
It is thus, I like to boast that in my family many worked and studied at the same time, the vast majority are professionals thanks to their effort. That's why from the beginning I expressed it in this thread. You do not have to leave a job for studies, or studies for work. The two can go hand in hand and achieve goals.

It is thus, I like to boast that in my family many worked and studied at the same time, the vast majority are professionals thanks to their effort. That's why from the beginning I expressed it in this thread. You do not have to leave a job for studies, or studies for work. The two can go hand in hand and achieve goals.
You spoke perfectly, combining studies and business is the best. No one should be abandon any for another, cos it might be detrimental in the future. I love my business and study at the moment, I can't leave any one for another.

If you are a working professional who wants to advance your career in business, a business degree can be a gamechanger. A business degree can increase job prospects, create advancement opportunities, and increase your salary and lifetime income. It's a worthwhile investment in your career—now and into the future

In such a case, I think your friend should wait until he finds a suitable person to run the business before going ahead to pursue higher education. He should look for someone who is professional and can run the business with integrity. The good thing is that he can still come and assess the business during his free time when he is not studying.

That is the problem. If the business booms, there will be urge to leave one for the other. I will like it if someone starts a business close to his graduation in school so that he will just face it squarely after the graduation.

Business management is sometimes considered worthless, although it can be a fine degree. The issue is that many people have degrees today, so the skills you learn in a Business Management major are also often learned through real-world experience or in conjunction with other majors

It's definitely a great idea only if have studied yourself very well,if you can combine them and their won't be lapses.its a welcome idea because definitely it will help you acquire more skills and educational qualification to help boost your buisness.

I think it'll depend on the nature of your business and the time available to you. If your business is not time consuming and doesn't always require your presence. You can squeeze out time to enrol for a programme but it has to be on a part time basis not full time. It can also be achieved if you can get a trusted and competent person to help you run your business while you study.

I know most of your answers to the question is yes, but here is the whole story. A close pal of mine just started an electronic retail business. He sells all sorts of electrical materials and appliances. The business is moving well since he has little competition in the area But he wants to go to university, and he has not found a trustworthy person that can help him manage his business. The ones he sees are either not capable or wants to steal his money. Do you think it is the right time for him to pursue higher education?
I would suggest him to get higher education with distance learning, or choose weekend classes programs. This method will help him to run his business well and to get higher education. To shut his shop for years will effect him badly but twice in a week will not be a bad option for study. But he should never give his business to anyone else.

It depends on if his academic programme is full time or part time and I would even encourage a part time programme for the sake of his business. The truth is that no one can take care of his business the way he would himself.
It is very possible. When you pursue a business that you know that when you hire a sales person you can trust it will be very easy to do business and still pursue your education.
There are so many persons that have done that successfully.

Depends if the person can handle both of them at the same time. As we all know managing your own business is not easy and so is Studying sometimes it will require your entire focus. Perhaps you can have someone to look after your business and just check the daily report and audits.

People saying yes doesn't know how difficult it is to manage business alone without adding school to it, managing business involved your time because any business you did not devolt your time in it's likely to fold up. Why going for further education also involved stress and time consuming I don't think is possible to do the two at the same time.

It is very possible. When you pursue a business that you know that when you hire a sales person you can trust it will be very easy to do business and still pursue your education.
There are so many persons that have done that successfully.
Well, I agree that everything is possible, it would just be better to still be able to keep an eye on your business yourself. However, if there is someone trustworthy enough to do the job, then that's good.

yes, it is advisable to pursue higher education while managing business because you will arquire more knowledge in entrepreneurship in schools so that the knowledge will be useful in your organization to run your business well

Well, I agree that everything is possible, it would just be better to still be able to keep an eye on your business yourself. However, if there is someone trustworthy enough to do the job, then that's good.
Exactly, business is the only thing that can allow the business owner to have the time to do other things if they so wish.
I prefer that anybody can do business and at same time pursue higher education as well.

In the event that you are a working proficient who needs to propel your vocation in business, a business degree can be a gamechanger. A business degree can build work possibilities, make headway openings, and increment your compensation and lifetime pay. It's an advantageous interest in your profession—presently and into what's to come.

It possible for you to manage business with schooling especially if you are a young entrepreneur, if you are still going to school and you have a business running you will have to manage both of them together, you may have to find an employee to manage it during your absence or schedule your time table not affect your business.

Yes if you can and you know it won't affect one or the other. As a student you need money and it's not bad to have a side job while you study you Just have to manage your time well and be smart with it.

Provided you have the time, resources, and the ability to multi-task and also learn speedily, I think it's such a good idea. In developed countries, I read about and hear about successful people who either follows a strict study plan to boost their knowledge and intelligence in the line of work they are. Other rich and successful people also manage their businesses and either schools online for more knowledge and latest advancements, while others attend schools at their convenience to study a gain level of education which can help increase their decision making and business development. It is a good move! You'd be better than business owners who only face their businesses and do not seek to improve.

Obviously you can do it. But its a difficult task for you. There are alot of universities where you can get higher education for increase your knowledge but you have a trusted person who manage your business on the behalf of you. Business is not a game. Ups and down are part of business. So if your friend have less knowledge about electric business then he can study.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back